Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

The truth

The truth is that Mario is not smart enough to see that Peach has Stockholm syndrome and is cheating him with Bowser

Mario's primary focus is the cake anyway.

Her specialty is strawberry cake, though?

Bowser has no specialty. It's why he kidnapped Peach in Galaxy 2 and why Gourmet Guy was utterly starving in his castle.

She didn't know the recipe. Twink read it from the book.

And if Gourmet Guy was starving would he really have the energy and run all over the fucking place when eating a slice of cake?

It actually supports my point that Gourmet Guy was utterly starving. No one would be so enthusiastic about cake if they weren't clearly starving.

I kind of liked Rosalina not having a sports outfit for a time. It could be seen as being lazy but I also kind of saw it as her being on a different level from Peach and Daisy for not needing it.
1564947828121.png

I think Rosalina's outfit works well enough for something slower-paced like golf and shouldn't change. Her tennis attire, however, is more appropriate since she's doing way more running and diving.

Yeah, I forgot she was floating a lot in Mario Tennis, but she's still doing a lot of diving and stuff.

Honey Queen should have been in Mario Kart Wii instead of 7, in place of Dry Bowser. That way she could have been a counterpart to Rosalina, and King Boo a counterpart to Bowser.

Then 7 could have had Waluigi instead of Metal Mario, and Boom Boom instead of Honey Queen, which is probably less unpopular of an opinion, at least on the Waluigi/Metal Mario fronts. I just want Boom Boom to add more 3D Land to 7.

Can we just talk about how criminally underrated the bgm in Mario Sports Superstars is

Correct me if I am wrong, but the Itadaki Street (aka Fortune Street) games all have a silent playable character (who is mandatory), which is more or less a tradition for Dragon Quest games like how the Hero is set up. Because of this, it's sad to see that when the first Fortune Street made its way to the west, the Mii took up the role of that silent playable character because it doesn't help the case for Mario fans being in contention of the Miis invading Mario games. I wonder if things would be better if Fortune Street Wii used a DQ-designed main character instead. On the other hand, if the Miis are the reason that the Mario and DQ characters retained their original styles, then personally it's something to like because I felt that Mario and Dragon Quest's original character designs mesh well with each other.

Thank you for reading.

Back