Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.


It was a big missed opportunity that you couldn't sail this boat more openly if you ask me.
 
Wario is a brilliant, lonely, misunderstood genius who is tormented daily by how horribly he's been treated throughout his life, and tries to get lots of money and treasure just to feel happy in some way and hide his loneliness. He also treats his friends like crap at times to feel sure of himself after being bullied for so long. His parents also treated him like crap, too.
 

Dr. Baby Luigi

Mushroom Kingdom's Most Adorable Doctor
Saltman said:
Wario is a brilliant, lonely, misunderstood genius who is tormented daily by how horribly he's been treated throughout his life, and tries to get lots of money and treasure just to feel happy in some way and hide his loneliness. He also treats his friends like crap at times to feel sure of himself after being bullied for so long. His parents also treated him like crap, too.
 
Mario and Luigi's full names are and will always be Mario Mario and Luigi Mario for me, in the same way that Wario and Waluigi's are and will always be Wario Wario and Waluigi Wario.


Idk if Nintendo has ever said anything about it, but I'm sure they agree with me.
 

Dr. Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's OG Woo Meister
Saltman said:
Mario and Luigi's full names are and will always be Mario Mario and Luigi Mario for me, in the same way that Wario and Waluigi's are and will always be Wario Wario and Waluigi Wario.


Idk if Nintendo has ever said anything about it, but I'm sure they agree with me.
I will always think this is pretty stupid for those characters.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road is bad.
Can you say why?
 

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
Miyamoto used to be against the idea of Mario being their last name but eventually turned around and said yes that was true.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if he did that just so people would stop bugging him.
 
Dr. Mario said:
Saltman said:
Mario and Luigi's full names are and will always be Mario Mario and Luigi Mario for me, in the same way that Wario and Waluigi's are and will always be Wario Wario and Waluigi Wario.


Idk if Nintendo has ever said anything about it, but I'm sure they agree with me.
I will always think this is pretty stupid for those characters.
In a world where someone's name literally means stupid ape, I can take everything.
 

Paper Mario

Goomba
Mario and Luigi Mario I can get behind.

I'm not sure where Wario and Waluigi Wario was ever implied though, have they ever even been confirmed brothers?
 

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Builder Mario said:
Mario and Luigi Mario I can get behind.

I'm not sure where Wario and Waluigi Wario was ever implied though, have they ever even been confirmed brothers?
I'm pretty sure that's been outright denied in Mario & Sonic.
 

ZelenPixel

syuper mario in real loif
YoshiFlutterJump said:
Builder Mario said:
Mario and Luigi Mario I can get behind.

I'm not sure where Wario and Waluigi Wario was ever implied though, have they ever even been confirmed brothers?
I'm pretty sure that's been outright denied in Mario & Sonic.
i like to think theyre not brothers or not even cousins . i kinda go with martinets explanation on it calling them two evil guys who just found each other
 

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
I like that Paper Mario: Colour Splash gives the Hammer a greater purpose compared to past Paper Mario games. I've always felt that in past Paper Mario games, the Jump is superior because it has the ability to do multiple hits, so for example, if you increase the Attack of the Jump either through the Charge technique or one of the badges, it will do more damage than the Hammer. There are even badges where the jump's contact disadvantage can be diverted, making it far superior over Hammer since it has access to Power Jump, a move that can hit more than twice. Sure the Hammer has its advantages and is required to solve puzzles, but in battles I don't find them as useful especially late-game.

In Colour Splash however, not only is the Hammer the means to colour the world, it doesn't have to compete with a contact damage cancelled Jump except for one type of Jump (the Iron ones) for usefulness since there is no Badge to do that. There is something I also like: it does splash damage, meaning that it doesn't just affect the target enemy, but also the enemies surrounding the target. Because the final boss cannot be jumped on normally, the Hammer is also more useful (among others like the Fire/Ice Flowers).

Thank you for reading.
 
He fell in love with the toys when he saw the commercial. Remember the hearts in his eyes? Love took over his brain.

Poor ape couldn't control his broken heart when he saw they were sold out and got so mad he stole them all and killed the toads.
 
Top