Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

Luma

WoOOOoo!!
It's been itching at me ever since somebody mentioned it

E.Gadd and Toadsworth are canon yet they haven't entered Kart yet. C'mon Nintendo, respect the elders!

Jolly DönerMax

Super Smashed Brother
It's been itching at me ever since somebody mentioned it

E.Gadd and Toadsworth are canon yet they haven't entered Kart yet. C'mon Nintendo, respect the elders!
Toadsworth probably died of stroke. His last new role was in Dream Team, 2013, over 6 years ago.

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
He became an environmentalist.

Jolly DönerMax

Super Smashed Brother
My unpopular opinion. Waluigi is the best character.
Yeah despite my "love-to-hate" attitude toward Waluigi, I can't deny either that he has given Mario spinoffs games way more entertainment that I really appreciate his presence.

Twirlerena

A Waluigi fangirl
Not only does the character get hate, but I get hate because Waluigi fans have been labeled as “toxic harassers”. I can’t go anywhere without people bringing up smash bros when I wanna talk about Waluigi...

Merry Fiora

Koops, King of cowards.
People tend to apply any idea they have about some people to all individuals in the same demographic. It's pretty stupid honestly, like, how can you claim to suddenly have information on every single person ever who likes Waluigi?

Don't get me wrong, I am not at all a fan of the man but I have absolutely no bone to pick with those who do like him.

People tend to apply any idea they have about some people to all individuals in the same demographic. It's pretty stupid honestly, like, how can you claim to suddenly have information on every single person ever who likes Waluigi?
Well, one thing you can say for certain.

Every single Waluigi fan likes Waluigi.

MetaWeegee

Dancing is Forbidden!
My unpopular opinionFact: Waluigi is the best character.
FTFY

Not only does the character get hate, but I get hate because Waluigi fans have been labeled as “toxic harassers”. I can’t go anywhere without people bringing up smash bros when I wanna talk about Waluigi...
What makes it worse is that literally only 2 or 3 Waluigi fans harassed Sakurai over Smash.

Last edited:

ChristmasDinner

The Red-Nosed Dayzee
I would say liking Super Paper Mario more than TTYD would have been very controversial in the past but now not so much.

Other than that my most controversial opinion is probably liking Mario Party 9 more than Super Mario 64 but that's only really because I played Galaxy 1 & 2 years before SM64 due to growing up in the Wii generation (hence SM64 felt like a large downgrade rather than the revolution it was to most at the time) and similarly playing MP9 as my first and so far only Mario Party game meant that I wasn't prejudiced against it and even now I don't really know anything else. Without personal bias, I would probably say Super Mario 64 is the better game, particularly when you consider that it is sixteen years older.

Mcmadness

The idiot who puts things in the wrong board.
I would rather play a non Mario game than Mario Party.

Santa Claws

Rebel with a Cause
Poll Committee
Mario Party is definitely not one of my favorite games but it's a great way to kill some time with friends. It gets boring fast in solo play though.

I would rather play a non Mario game than Mario Party.
Kirby falls under non-Mario so that means I agree.