Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

1451296133148s.jpg

Mario and Luigi's full names are and will always be Mario Mario and Luigi Mario for me, in the same way that Wario and Waluigi's are and will always be Wario Wario and Waluigi Wario.

Idk if Nintendo has ever said anything about it, but I'm sure they agree with me.

Saltman said:
Mario and Luigi's full names are and will always be Mario Mario and Luigi Mario for me, in the same way that Wario and Waluigi's are and will always be Wario Wario and Waluigi Wario.

Idk if Nintendo has ever said anything about it, but I'm sure they agree with me.
I will always think this is pretty stupid for those characters.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
Mario Kart 7's Rainbow Road is bad.
Can you say why?

Miyamoto used to be against the idea of Mario being their last name but eventually turned around and said yes that was true.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if he did that just so people would stop bugging him.

C O N T I N U I T Y
D O E S N ' T
E X I S T
I N
M A R I O

Dr. Mario said:
Saltman said:

I will always think this is pretty stupid for those characters.

In a world where someone's name literally means stupid ape, I can take everything.

Out of degrading things we call DK, I'm surprised "Ass Kong" isn't the example you used.

Mario and Luigi Mario I can get behind.

I'm not sure where Wario and Waluigi Wario was ever implied though, have they ever even been confirmed brothers?

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Builder Mario said:
Mario and Luigi Mario I can get behind.

I'm not sure where Wario and Waluigi Wario was ever implied though, have they ever even been confirmed brothers?
I'm pretty sure that's been outright denied in Mario & Sonic.
i like to think theyre not brothers or not even cousins . i kinda go with martinets explanation on it calling them two evil guys who just found each other

Implying there are other gremlin like guys with elf ears, pink noses and blue eye bags elsewhere in the mushroom kingdom?

I like that Paper Mario: Colour Splash gives the Hammer a greater purpose compared to past Paper Mario games. I've always felt that in past Paper Mario games, the Jump is superior because it has the ability to do multiple hits, so for example, if you increase the Attack of the Jump either through the Charge technique or one of the badges, it will do more damage than the Hammer. There are even badges where the jump's contact disadvantage can be diverted, making it far superior over Hammer since it has access to Power Jump, a move that can hit more than twice. Sure the Hammer has its advantages and is required to solve puzzles, but in battles I don't find them as useful especially late-game.

In Colour Splash however, not only is the Hammer the means to colour the world, it doesn't have to compete with a contact damage cancelled Jump except for one type of Jump (the Iron ones) for usefulness since there is no Badge to do that. There is something I also like: it does splash damage, meaning that it doesn't just affect the target enemy, but also the enemies surrounding the target. Because the final boss cannot be jumped on normally, the Hammer is also more useful (among others like the Fire/Ice Flowers).

Thank you for reading.

That's not an unpopular opinion. That's a headcanon.

Ok

So why does he break into stores to try to get things he can't

He fell in love with the toys when he saw the commercial. Remember the hearts in his eyes? Love took over his brain.

Poor ape couldn't control his broken heart when he saw they were sold out and got so mad he stole them all and killed the toads.

All this tells me is that he's a spoiled ape and should probably spend time playing with his rotten bananas instead. Mario is suuuuch an enabler too for giving him a free Mini Mario.

That spoiled ape kickstarted the whole franchise.

Ok it was technically Cranky but he had the same name so fuck it. Thank DK for your fat plumber plushies and decapitated Yoshi amiibo.

That spoiled ape kickstarted the whole franchise.

Ok it was technically Cranky but he had the same name so fuck it. Thank DK for your fat plumber plushies and decapitated Yoshi amiibo.
DK is still a moron who thinks King K Rool's crown is a banana or something. He might have thought Pauline was a banana too and made Mario world famous but in the end, he's still a dumb ape and his parents really must've not liked him.

Back