Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

The final bosses of most Mario games are too easy and should be more difficult. Really, the games in general need more difficulty. And the life system needs to return.

If you want a challenge, try beating Giant Bowser in NSMBU just by throwing Junior at him. :P

Sunshine Yoshi said:
The final bosses of most Mario games are too easy and should be more difficult. Really, the games in general need more difficulty. And the life system needs to return.
The "rematch" in Super Mario Odyssey is a joke. I expected more from it, but Bowser just did the same thing he did in the first final battle. He just did it more, which I predicted with ease.

After hearing the voice clips from WarioWare Gold, I've been finding it rather odd that Penny's voice sounds like a young boy.

Speaking of WarioWare, I like the character's appearances more than the old games, except 9-Volt, 18-Volt, Jimmy B and Ashley because they barely look any different.

This question wasn't answered in the WarioWare Gold thread, so I am going to ask here:

winstein said:
I haven't taken a listen to the voice acting for this game, but is Wario's voice acting the same as Wario's Press Conference and the Crowdfarter videos, or is it much better?

For reference, here's a recording of Wario's Press Conference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqMo04fktsw

Thank you for reading.

Barring a few songs I prefer the GBA soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country 3 over the SNES version.

I just wish I could find the GBA soundtrack without the compression.

My second favorite Mario game is actually NSMBWii.

Way too fun for me to put it lower than Mario Odyssey, which is my third favorite.

Ashley is rubbish.

Mcmadness said:
Barring a few songs I prefer the GBA soundtrack of Donkey Kong Country 3 over the SNES version.

I just wish I could find the GBA soundtrack without the compression.

GBA Stilt Village is so good. The SNES one is really goofy. I know it's a cartoony game about monkeys but__.

I love Mario Kart: Super Circuit but it doesn't rank high on my favorite Mario Kart game list simply because I like the other Mario Karts more.

The Red Shells from Super Circuit should come back, lol.

J & Siph said:
Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart: Super Circuit are my top 2 Mario Kart games.

the two worst ones!?

only way ill accept this opinion is if its based solely on nostalgia

Princess Mario said:
The Red Shells from Super Circuit should come back, lol.
Or Mario Kart Wii, they're useless in both games.

As long as there not as ruthless as they are in Mario Kart 8 (they can hit you in cannons!), then I'll be happy.

You know what makes Red Shells even more useless in MKWii?

How Triple Bananas work in that game.

Paper Jorge said:
J & Siph said:
Mario Kart Wii and Mario Kart: Super Circuit are my top 2 Mario Kart games.

the two worst ones!?

only way ill accept this opinion is if its based solely on nostalgia

Well I don't see Mario Kart 64 on there being the worst so he isn't wrong.

Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario Kart being the worst ones are the only opinions I will accept.

Back