Unpopular opinions about the Mario series

I'd like to see Bandits appear more often in games. Mario Kart for example.

Bandit_Artwork_-_Yoshi%27s_New_Island.png

Super Mario Odyssey's "T-Rex" is lame and I hope I don't have to see it again, at least not in its current depiction.

Oh yeah, well, that bite function is worthless. Also, the noise it makes is terrible.

I still had more fun with it in the dark parts of the Wooded Kingdom; I made it chase me and I just jumped on some elevated platforms and just watched it run continuously into a wall and snap at me despite me just hanging from a ledge.

I actually had to stand still sticked on a tree and the T-Rex kept trying to bite at me, but it couldn't... reach me.

Yeah it has some weak programming. It also kinda feels awkward controlling it. It was a nice attempt at doing something cool, though.

Not a fan of SM64 that much either.

Though I do enjoy SM64DS.

Reploidyoshi64 said:
Sm64 is overrated
:)
Russian Baby Luigi said:
Not a fan of SM64 that much either.

Though I do enjoy SM64DS.
:D

My people.

In my unpopular opinion regarding Super Mario 64 DS, it was a mistake to put Wario as a playable character, because now I wish Waluigi were in that game, which could have been great because Waluigi was a new face at that time, and that would be a great opportunity to introduce him as one of the bigger Mario characters. I don't mind Birdo being playable in that game instead of Wario if they need to put 4 playable characters.

Thank you for reading.

I'd replace Yoshi with Waluigi before replacing Wario with Birdo. Especially since SM64's power-ups are mostly cap based, it makes sense to focus on the capped characters.

Master of Dimensions said:
I'd replace Yoshi with Waluigi before replacing Wario with Birdo. Especially since SM64's power-ups are mostly cap based, it makes sense to focus on the capped characters.

I can see why Yoshi was still being put in, since he technically was in the original. If you put it that way, I can see Yoshi still being the NPC that rewards the player with some great stuff, like the enhanced triple jump.

Thank you for reading.

The only mistake involving Wario in 64 DS is that it didn't lead to him being playable in more Mario platformers.

Super Mario 64 DS is basically a crossover between the Super Mario series, the Wario Land series and the Yoshi's Island series, in the Mario 64 setting.

Octo-nite8 said:
Super Mario 64 DS is basically a crossover between the Super Mario series, the Wario Land series and the Yoshi's Island series, in the Mario 64 setting.
Don't forget Paper Mario via Goomboss/Goomba King

They are fine in an rpg game but pretty redundant in a platformer.

It would be nice to have them as Koopa Troppa who exclusively appear in Castles. But maybe make it so that you can actually jump on them and the only difference with regular Koopas is actually attacking you.

That's what DryBones are for.

Dry Bones are first of all unable to retreat into their shells, whereas Koopatrols can do that in SPM (although I'd assume that you'd rather not borrow from that particular game).

Dry Bones don't attack you on sight in 2D games, but Koopatrols, again, do that in SPM.

There are ways to make Koopatrols different than Dry Bones. Besides, they could be the elite force of Bowser's army alongside Magikoopas and Hammer Bros. Dry Bones are just Dead Koopa Troopas.

I mean I guess I just think it would be cool to see them outside of Paper Mario, imo.

Dry Bones throw bones at you and cannot be killed by conventional means. The only thing they lack is spikes but considering how we already have plenty of spiky enemies, they serve little purpose.

The Koopatrols only worked in PM because it was a turn based combat game with a variety of different methods to dispose of them or in super's case an action rpg with a variety of different methods to deal with them.

Well on that note I would like a main series game with a larger variety of moves at your disposal in that same vein (though with less menus).

Also, I have an idea on how a Koopatrol could work in a 2D game with the spin jump, it's still spiked but a spin jump puts it into its shell, where it can then be thrown/kicked (but still only jumped on with a spin jump). And it still charges you on sight. Either way, the Koopatrols have really cool designs so even if they don't make it into platformers, the designs are still being wasted by keeping them limited to a series that won't use them anymore, at least for a while, anyway. They could at least work in M&L right?

When it comes to Mario, less is more I say.

And in the end they are still just spiked koopas, which is what spinies are for.

Could they work in M&L? Sure. Will it happen? Probably not.

Back