Who or what is the Ugliest Mario character?

Classic Yoshi actually diverisfies the lineup a bit. Long neck, small arms. No one else has those traits.

I wouldn't say Modern Yosh's best. Large human hands look weird. Tail is so short I barely noticed it had one until someone pointed it out here. His forward nerd neck posture looks bad specially with that giant head about to fall off of its neck. He has a rounded big ass bowling ball nose, 3 dumb small rounded spikes, rounded cheeks, rounded eyes which are literally the top of his head, rounded saddle even. What. They took the whole make a character out of a shape thing a bit too literally. Voice also gives Black Canary a run for her money by shattering my auditory ossicles.

I want old Yoshi because he actually has dinosaur-y spikes and hands, his posture is normal, his face is less messy and more expressive and he has a sound effect that's more unique than his voice and does the job perfectly in its place. I'm not saying I'll die if he keeps his new voice, but did he really need it?

Last edited:
i like both but god does modern yoshi look better with the newer 2d art that gets some classic traits
image.png

mario wiki also mentions this and like
Interestingly, most of these features stem from the original Yoshi design. Said alternate design so far was not adapted into a 3D model;
if they somehow make a 3d model out the newer one??? god dam thatd slap not gonna lie. his model hasnt changed that much since the n64 design (besides the proportions and other minor stuff) meanwhile others have adapted to match their 2d artwork way more

to expand on this anti-yoshi circlejerk, he makes some disgusting sounds when he flutter jumps. my dad mentioned it once while i was playing yoshi's woolly world and i would agree, they're annoying sounds. like what's the matter? it's like he constantly tries to poop but he can't let it out because his cloaca got cluttered up with residual egg yolk over the years. dr mario should give that green fossil a colonoscopy.

Last edited:
in nsmbw at least he fucking shuts up while he's flutter jumping

hell in that game, he just shuts up period. that's one of his best appearances.

Yoshi's flutter jumping sounds the worst in Super Mario Galaxy 2. It just has that right frequency that makes your ears bleed and amplifies your desires to stop the game just to strangle him.

I don't know if Yoshi's voice is original in Galaxy 2 but that and Super Mario Odyssey's iteration of Yoshi's voice are just AWFUL.

at least the mario odyssey voice clips arent the same few gotdam yoshis story voice clips that are STILL being reused to this day for some reason

Hearing the slowed down Yoshi noises is quite enlightening because the voice actor (a musician) doesn't seem like the type who can make high-pitched noises. Actually, the fact that he also voices Birdo is quite amusing, although I wished they made Birdo sound a bit less... creepy.

Thank you for reading.

i think yoshi's actually kinda cute in super mario galaxy 2 and odyssey. it's the *hnnnng*s from other games that i have a problem with.

but blof has a point. the best yoshi is when he doesn't make noises altogether.

The hnnnnng OH GOD that's his worst sound. Delete it and you get rid of like 50% of the problem.

Also there's that "caracatoooiee" sound he makes wtf. You know what I mean right? What is he, a calkatoo? lol.

at least the mario odyssey voice clips arent the same few gotdam yoshis story voice clips that are STILL being reused to this day for some reason
They somehow sound worse than the Yoshi Story crap that Nintendo loves to recycle.

The hnnnnng OH GOD that's his worst sound. Delete it and you get rid of like 50% of the problem.

Also there's that "caracatoooiee" sound he makes wtf. You know what I mean right? What is he, a calkatoo? lol.
The other 50% is still there and are a lethal combination.

The latter is just Yoshi wanting to sound cute and like a baby I mean why do they give the games a literal baby lullaby for a soundtrack.

there's also Crafted World's entire soundtrack which I hear is one of the biggest knocks against Crafted World

I forgot that game existed.

I keep forgetting every game that isn't the original YI exists after it's announced. What is my problem?

Reactions: zel
I keep forgetting every game that isn't the original YI exists after it's announced. What is my problem?

nothing, yoshi games are worth forgetting

I don't think YI's final battle is worth forgetting with that kick ass music.

I don't know how to explain it, but the other games just feel like inferior rehashes. Or maybe I just haven't played Woolly World.

i would have liked ds's baby mechanic if Baby Luigi didn't get shunted like usual

he's disgusting and he sucks

I forgot that game existed.

the only reason my sister and I don't forget about the original YI is that it's the debut for baby luigi and that crap also got shoved down our throats in Paper Mario ;P

he's disgusting and he sucks

Baby Wario

the only reason my sister and I don't forget about the original YI is that it's the debut for baby luigi and that crap also got shoved down our throats in Paper Mario ;P

I don't believe you. The music is so great with that final boss rock music and changing map music and the graphics are incredible (so fluid omg). The gameplay beats those dumb sonic games (ok maybe Sonic 3 is close enough but its presentation is not as godly).

Last edited:
I don't think YI's final battle is worth forgetting with that kick ass music.

I don't know how to explain it, but the other games just feel like inferior rehashes. Or maybe I just haven't played Woolly World.

You should give it a try. It comes close to the timeless masterpiece that the original Yoshi's Island is without relying on many rehashed ideas--heck, the yarn mechanics alone stand as a decent change of pace. The game also solves the issue of having to collect everything in a level again in case you missed something on a previous run, which YI is infamous for.

The only other Yoshi game I played was Yoshi's New Island, which is tolerable by itself but expecting something like the original game from it would be like making a cardboard cutout of your dead sister and expecting it to act the same. It's empty in comparison and, therefore, extremely forgettable... and uncanny.

Neither of those two newer games have headbanging blood-pumping final bosses though. Anyway, wasn't this thread about ugly characters? I'd say Kiddy Kong looks like a poopyhead Kong.

Back