I just beat __

Super Paper Mario.
I really loved the story, how Tippi and Count Bleck get reunited, how they overcome their situation, and the finale is just gorgeous. Second best Paper Mario game.

Origami King 100%. First Paper Mario game I beat, and the first I 100%.
Everyone talking about how Bobby killed himself, but noone talking about how Olivia did too.

Sonic Unleashed (Nintendo Wii)

It's a little rougher around the edges compared to the Xbox 360/PS3 version but still enjoyable, oddly enough Empire City was completely absent in this version and Eggmanland is noticably easier here too.

Last edited:
just beat the donkey kong adventure dlc for mario + rabbids. ithink the new battle mechanics were really really cool and its pretty cool that with the fact that they only had 3 characters to focus on they were able to do more character interactions with the cutscenes and victory animations!!! really cool. it was short but really fun! and god GOD i want mario + rabbids 2 even more now even though i already wasnt shutting up about it ever before. imagine the mechanics they could introduce NOW
for some reason the music was just missing during pretty much the whole final battle besides when rabbid kong actually attacked and shortly after that??? so most of the time even if you whale on him and the enemies you mostly just hear enviroment wave noises and rabbid kongs noises too i guess. was that supposed to happen??? it didnt fix when i restarted the battle also no it just stayed like this. weird. no other battle in the entire game has such a lack of music too so theres that too
the final cutscenes were really cute too :] god rabbid peach is great
will be aiming to 100% that too and i still have like three challenges i need to finish in the base game before i 100% that oh man

boxboy-boxgirl-switch-screenshot05.jpg

BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!

I have beaten all of the adventures. If you don't know how this game works, essentially the playable character Qbby and Qucy have the ability to generate boxes by extending them out from their bodies and can be used for various purposes, which include using it as stepping stones or holding down buttons. One of the adventures is only controlling one of the characters at once, and another one consists of controlling both of them (which can be played by two players or one player).

Beating the "Adventure for one" will unlock a new campaign where the player controls Qudy, who is basically a box character that is tall. The way he is controlled is interesting since all his boxes follow his size. His control scheme is also a bit more complex than the standard character since he can bend forward to make horizontal boxes rather than the vertical ones when he's upright.

D524uCJUcAAe3Fl.jpg

The game also has costumes, which can be redeemed by spending medals on a capsule dispenser, and its rewards are finite since medals can't be indefinitely hoarded. From what I know, the results are random, but since you can't get duplicates, it's a matter of being lucky. Moreover, choosing specific combinations of costumes will lead to unique descriptions, such as when the "Antenna", "Doe Eyes" and "Thrusters" are selected, it will have the description of "Part Time UFO", which is a reference to HAL's mobile game. Costumes are cosmetic, unlike in past games where specific costumes have beneficial effects (they are now relegated to consumables). However, there is one case where it does something...

Beating all the story modes reward the player with a fragment (two in the two-character one), and when you choose all of them in the "Adventure for one" mode, a unique description will form that you can't see in other modes. Beating the last level with them will trigger an alternate ending that is basically the happier one.

The game is kind of tricky at times, but it has a decent hint system that may cost the in-game currency, but since they can be collected with enough grinding, it's not an issue. This is much better than using Play Coins because I felt that they are best used on Streetpass games where they have more value. The game also has a ranking system that will only be shown after beating a group of levels. Getting S ranks are overall tricky because minimal use of boxes are recommended, and it requires taking advantage of the game's mechanics to reach that target, such as how extending boxes don't count towards the total, but they can be used to interact with things and then retracted.

It's a nice game and it's also nice how it's meatier than the 3DS ones, thanks to having more adventures compared to them.

Thank you for reading.

Paper Mario: The Origami King - 100%

I collected all of the trophies, unlocked the secret ending, and obtained a gold star on my save file.

Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (Microsoft Xbox 360)

Second time finishing the game, first time was last year. Opinion hasn't change much since then.

Despite it's flaws I had a pleasant time with this revisiting of '06.

Spider Man on PS4
Love nearly every second of it! Can't wait for the Miles Morales game. The only that's disappointing is Stan Lee will be unavailable to shoot his cameo. 😔

Everyone out there having gotten their mitts on Paper Mario Origami king meanwhile I'm loitering here trying to find stuff to emulate before I can find it.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

The predecessor on GBA, Aria of Sorrow is a great game. So is the sequal.

All you need to know. Dawn does have annoying things like the magic seals though. Both games are top-tier, tho, hard to pick which is better for me tbh.

Also Soma is the best castlevania protag and should be in smash.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

The fourth installment of the Paper Mario series, and the first on a handheld, Sticker Star sought to reinvent the series once again, after Super Paper Mario previously shook things up to modest results. However, things were a little different this time around. Miyamoto didn't like how far the story, setting, and characters of Super Paper Mario strayed from the roots of the Mario franchise, and asked the developers to keep as close to these roots as possible. The result is universally lambasted, being called unmemorable, uninspired, and "taking away everything fans loved about the series"...but is that really true? Does it really deserve all the hate it gets? My opinion on the matter is perhaps the most unpopular opinion I've shared on these boards, but I'm not afraid to say it: I strongly disagree.

The story is...pretty much what you'd expect from any Mario game, a classic Mario-versus-Bowser routine with an extra twist to explain the game's main gimmick--in this case, stickers. Not much different from the original Paper Mario premise. However, this seems to be one of the most hated aspects of the game, considered a downgrade from the "legendary deep stories" from the previous two games. I've played all previous installments, and I can confirm that there is absolutely nothing remotely "legendary" or "deep" about them. I've criticized SPM's story in particular before, and as much as I'd like to, I have better things to do than poke at everything wrong with a badly written overly cliche fanfic. A good story's always nice but Mario's never been a story-driven game, and criticizing a Mario game for not having a story just seems silly to me.

The gameplay, which is the reason you should be playing games like this, is not like that of previous installments at all. As in Super Paper Mario, levels are designed in a linear point-A-to-point-B fashion, and much like in New Super Mario Bros. these levels are connected via a world map. Mario can still jump and hammer as in previous installments, and can also utilize "paperization", allowing him to place stickers on the environment to solve puzzles. Turn-based battles also return from the first two games, but work a little differently: rather than a static menu of attack options, Mario attacks with one-use stickers he collects or purchases in the overworld. Obviously you can't really do anything if you run out of stickers, but that will never reasonably happen since stickers are literally everywhere; think of it as an attack menu that changes with every battle. However, while partners were one of the most praised aspects of the original-style battle system, adding more varied attacks to the mix, they're pretty much absent here. There are a few stickers that summon enemies for an attack or allow you to use enemy weapons, but the only real partner in the game is Kersti, a sticker fairy who guards the Royal Stickers. Now, I am of the opinion that the more partners there are, the less time each one gets to develop in character and show its personality. As such, choosing to keep only one primary companion was the one change made in Super Paper Mario that I feel was for the better, and that's intact here, so not complaining. While Kersti doesn't directly attack in battle, she can allow Mario to use the Battle Spinner, allowing him to use up to three stickers per turn. Players earn an additional coin bonus after battle if no damage is taken, so making good use of the Battle Spinner is key to achieving this. Lastly, in addition to the basic stickers you collect, Mario may encounter various three-dimensional Things on his adventure: powerful attacks based on everyday household items. There's nothing more satisfying than cutting up your paper foes with a pair of scissors, blowing them away with a fan, or even feeding them to a goat. These Things are key to solving overworld puzzles, and are also the most effective way to defeat bosses; try different Things and see what works best!

Unfortunately, what should have been absolutely brilliant has a few major flaws that hold it back. I'll get the biggest one out of the way: there is no EXP in this game, or any significant battle incentive at all. I personally don't mind it, as I've always believed that if you're not fighting every enemy in a game like this, you're not actually playing the game, but I felt the need to mention it anyway. Now, there is still a sense of progression in the game: stronger and stronger stickers are obtained as you progress through the story, and your HP can be increased by finding various HP-Up Hearts in the overworld. Think of this as a Zelda-type game with turn-based combat, as opposed to a traditional RPG. But besides that, there's one more major flaw that there's really no getting around: the puzzle design is just too obtuse. Too many puzzles in the game are so obscure that I don't see any way an average human being can figure them out without trial and error, and believe me that's a lot of trial and error. There's no in-game hint system either--something Color Splash improved--so you'd better have a strategy guide handy. I got the Prima eGuide from My Nintendo a couple years back, and it helped, but a lot of the time I just didn't have the required Internet connection to access it. There's no shame in looking something up--just make sure you can, or you're in for a load of frustration.

Lastly...the presentation. It's absolutely beautiful in the graphics department, making great use of 3D mode yet retaining much of that beauty even in 2D mode. Many of the tunes are really catchy as well; from jazzy covers of classic Mario tunes to the catchy regular battle theme to the absolutely legendary boss theme of Gooper Blooper (and if you haven't heard it go fix that right now), you'll never get tired of having your volume on. The only downside is that the unlockable in-game sound test only features some of these masterpieces, which is truly a shame. Anyway, the presentation's all well and good...except for one particularly controversial aspect: there's very little variety in the NPC designs. Now, as much as I love to make fun of those whiny Paper Mario fans who say "they're all toads? this game is trash!"...they actually kind of have a point. While I never took issue to this fact, I do think the character restrictions are a little stricter than they need to be. I think it's nice to see friendly Goombas with hats or friendly Bob-ombs with 'staches. But after Super Paper Mario's complete overuse of OCs, to the point that they took the spotlight away from Mario, I really can't blame Miyamoto for asking the team to stick closer to the main series. Even so, while Color Splash and The Origami King do a better job at distinguishing the characters through dialogue, the writing in Sticker Star is as charming and witty as ever, and definitely an improvement over Super Paper Mario's "hey here's the joke here's the punchline isn't it funny ahahahaha" kind of thing. (Oh yeah and I kindly ask anyone who says that all the dialogue is corny paper jokes to play the game again because that is a very inaccurate generalization.)

Look guys. It's okay to enjoy a game! And you know what else? It's okay to not enjoy a game! The fact that people are mocked, teased, and made fun of simply for liking a game that most others don't is just ridiculous and is the single reason I hold such little respect for the Paper Mario fanbase. If you don't like Sticker Star, that's completely fine--just respect those of us that do! No one deserves to be ridiculed for liking or disliking a video game whether it's popular or not. And I feel there's a truly great game in Sticker Star, despite the negative stigma, and if you can get past the fact that this isn't The Thousand-Year Door, there's a lot of fun to be had here. (Oh, and a benefit to the game being unpopular? It doesn't cost too much to try it out!)

Pros
-Fun and unique battle system
-World map allows for much more efficient travel between areas
-Dialogue is as charming and witty as ever
-Beautiful graphic and sound design
-It's a Mario game--and that's more than I can say about Super Paper Mario

Cons
-Puzzles can become very obtuse--have a strategy guide handy
-Lack of battle incentive may bother some players
-Character design restrictions are a bit of a shame, but a necessary evil

I just Beat New Super Mario Bros U and Luigi U (For Wii U)
Anyways there both great games, NSLU, was easy, given the shorter levels, but NSMBU was a pain to complete. So I skipped most of the game, after that I just had to complete Red-Hot (Stupid) Elevator Ride, and the rest was fine... Untill I had to finish Super Star Road, So I already got the Star Coins In Acorn Plains, So I wanted to do the Dont. touch. Anything. Challenge so I collected the Star Coins In Merguine Clouds, to then Complete Lakitu, Lakitu, Lakitu. Now After Completing more levels the MOST difficult and Not Fun levels Came From Rock Candy Mines... The First Levels were easy, Fuzzy Clifftop- I kept Losing Yoshi, Porcupuffer Falls- Kept Losing, Thrilling Bone Coaster- Kept Dying to 3rd Star Coin+ Poison, It was awfully, anyways Superstar Road 9, 3, and 5 game me trouble here is why, SSR 5, Just trying to get the star Coins. SSR 9, You already know, and SSR 3, Cheep Chomp, and I kept damage Boosting. After all of that It was here, SSR 9, wasatotaljoke but the 2nd star Coin confused me, but the Bonus Movie never failed me so I did it!
-Fun Levels-
SSR 6: Most people had trouble with this, I found It Fun and easy
SW Leaf: The Happy Athletic Music made it fun!
SJ 6: Did the Infinite 1-Up
MC: Most of It was fun except Ludwig's Clockwork Castle.....
SSR 7: This was easy, did it on my 1st Try.

That's my adventurers with NSMBU

Kirby: Triple Deluxe

No time for some long review here but, while there isn't too much new here compared to past games, Triple Deluxe is still a very enjoyable Kirby adventure with great presentation, absolutely brilliant level design, and (mostly) fantastic boss fights--and it goes for pretty cheap, too! The sub-games are fantastic too and if you ever get tired of the main game, these make fine games of their own! Recommended to any Kirby fan with a 3DS, and also a great starting point for new players.

Mario Kart 7, 3 stars on all levels.

Finally bet Super Mario Kart after a long time trying to win the Star Cup, with Koopa.

CastleVania: Symphony of the Night

This game... it's good. It's great even, a masterpiece in its own right probably... but way too easy. You gotta purposely handicap yourself to even have fun at times. But hey, it's fine, because haha Valmanway go swish swoosh swish swoosh. This game has pretty cool bosses too, like Malphas, Olrox and Galamoth (The latter actually being a challenge).

Also Dance of Gold is one of the best pieces of video game music my ears have ever registered. Probably my third Castlevania theme overall.

donkey kong country, and lemme note how i was playing it cause that prob affects my opinions a bit
also because i absolutely fear having to deal with lives i make save states at the start of each level and at the checkpoints. no rewinds and save states beyond that though
(though how EVEN are you supposed to beat this with save states some of the game design is just UNREASONABLE)
so overall the game was pretty fun! the controls are really smooth and i like the different mechanics the kongs have, the music SLAPS (FEAR FACTORYYYYYYY) and the graphics are pretty nice!
however a fair bit of enemies i found Kinda Sucking A Lot. screw you neckies (the ones that throw nuts) and manky kongs and armies in particular. also the final boss sucked a lot but i got past it and the credits were pretty fun (OK BUT A LOT OF THE ENEMIES AND CHARACTERS JUST KEPT SLIDING THATS SO FUNNY)
apparently i got 49% on my save file
anyway. fun epic game! im looking forward to dkc2 and dkc3 being on snes online!!

Kirby: Planet Robobot, as well as Super Mario Bros. 1 via All-Stars. (95% on the former, with The True Arena and a few stickers remaining; on the latter I'm on World Star 5, and plan to complete Hard Mode before moving on to the Japanese Mario 2)

Super Mario All-Stars - Super Mario Bros.

Beat all worlds through Star 8. The All-Stars version is pretty faithful to the original, but the new coat of paint looks absolutely beautiful, offering lots of color and scenery that the original didn't really have. It also offers 5 lives per continue instead of 3 (and yes, the original had continues if you held A after starting the game after a Game Over). The increase in lives actually dramatically reduces the frustration of the later levels, and is a welcome change. There's also internal saving capabilities--playing this through Switch Online, this is only a slight convenience, but it was certainly a big deal back in 1993.

Other than that, there isn't much to say. If you're a Switch Online subscriber, both versions are included, so you might be wondering which version you should play. The original still holds up fairly well, and has quite the legacy surrounding it, but the All-Stars version pretty much outclasses it in every way. The new art style is beautiful, and the increased lives per continue are a very welcome change, but other than that it's a faithful remake that will satisfy all but the purest of players. And hey, if you like it enough, you can always try out the original later!

Next up I'll be playing through the All-Stars version of the sequel, Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels. The original was an extremely difficult game, but I guess we'll find out just how faithful the remake is.

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Shovel of Hope (Nintendo Switch)

Got all 46 music sheets, health upgrades, magic upgrades, armor, shovel upgrades and items. Currently deciding which campaign I do next...

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - Plague of Shadows (Nintendo Switch)

All 41 music sheets, health and magic, cipher coins, bomb casings/powders/fuses/bursts, arcanas and cloaks obtained. Plague Knight's style of movement threw me off a little at first but eventually I started to get the hang of it when I got the float burst and vat arcana, basically allowing me to float over any pesky obstacles and create platforms to stand on in case I accidentally under/overshoot my jump.

Kirby: Planet Robobot

(better late than never, right?)

Planet Robobot is the 11th main game in the long-running Kirby series, released for 3DS in 2016. The 3rd installment directed by Shinya Kumazaki, Planet Robobot builds upon the foundation and mechanics of Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe while throwing in a brand new feature: the eponymous Robobot Armor. The game is often hailed among the series' best...and I was finally able to play it and see what all the hype was about. So how much water does this overwhelming praise hold?

Let's get the story out of the way: a megacorporation of alien invaders seek to eradicate Kirby's home planet of its natural resources and roboticize all organic life, so go stop them, Kirby. It's simple on the surface, but as fans of the previous two games would know, you may be surprised if you take the time to pause the game during every boss fight. It's a lot deeper than it appears on the surface. The cutscenes are also really well done, and the theme and soundtrack in general help the game to feel really unique--this isn't the Planet Popstar you're familiar with at all.

The gameplay, at first, is pretty standard Kirby fare: you inhale enemies to copy their abilities. New abilities include Doctor, ESP, and Poison, and several other popular abilities return from previous games as well, including Jet, Mirror, and Smash Bros.. At 27 total abilities, Planet Robobot houses the most in the series up to this point (though it was later surpassed by Star Allies' 28). Additionally, the namesake Robobot Armor allows Kirby to hop into a giant mech suit--this scans enemies to gain Copy Abilities of its own, providing new and interesting takes on Kirby's abilities. There are 15 of these Robobot Modes in total--you'll want to ensure that you try them all.

But believe it or not, that's not where the positives end. The level design is some of the best the series has ever seen. While Triple Deluxe laid the foundation for the creative two-plane level mechanics, Planet Robobot takes that brilliant design and runs with it. Literally everything Triple Deluxe did well, Planet Robobot excels at. Additionally, just like its predecessor, Robobot houses a total of 100 main collectibles known as "Code Cubes", which allow Kirby to play new bonus stages when enough are collected. Additionally, replacing Keychains from the previous game are Stickers, which consists of official artwork from throughout the Kirby series that you can paste on your Robobot Armor to customize it to your liking. Also like the previous game, there are Rare variants as well, of which there is one in every non-boss stage. Additionally, unlike the Rare Keychains in Triple Deluxe, the game tells you which stages you've collected Rare Stickers in, so there's plenty of incentive to stick with the game to full completion.

Much like Triple Deluxe, two rather expansive sub-games are included here as well: Team Kirby Clash and Kirby 3D Rumble. Team Kirby Clash is an RPG-style multiplayer mode in which four Kirbys can battle bosses from previous Kirby games to gain experience, with each Kirby taking on the role of Sword Hero, Hammer Lord, Beam Mage, or Doctor Healmore. Kirby 3D Rumble, on the other hand, is a single-player score attack game in full 3D, and...gosh, this would be a great foundation for a full-fledged 3D Kirby platformer, it's really fun and plays really well. Much like Kirby Fighters and Dedede's Drum Dash from the previous game, both of these games would be expanded into standalone eShop downloads, as Team Kirby Clash Deluxe and Kirby's Blowout Blast, respectively. The former game in particular is completely free-to-play, albeit with everyone's favorite fiend Magolor offering you some sweet Gem Apples in exchange for real money. (The game also has a sequel on Switch, titled Super Kirby Clash, that follows the same payment model.) In addition, the familiar Meta Knightmare and Arena modes return and are playable postgame, and while I won't go into too much detail, let's just say they'll keep you playing long after the end credits.

So, is all the praise for Planet Robobot warranted? Yes, yes, and yes. The Robobot Armor introduces a lot of variety and multiplies the fun factor by 10, and the level design takes all the brilliant principles from Triple Deluxe and completely unleashes them like you never thought possible. The presentation, setting, and soundtrack really help this game feel truly unique, and fun side modes will keep you playing long after the end credits. This game is truly up there with the series' greatest, and isn't something any Kirby fan would want to miss.

Oh yeah, and with that, I have successfully obtained 100% completion on every main-series Kirby game. An occasion that's truly worth celebrating.

Pros
-Brilliant and engaging level design
-27 different Copy Abilities add a lot of variety
-Robobot Armor really shakes things up and essentially adds 15 more abilities
-Presentation, setting, and soundtrack really help the game feel unique
-Lots of deep lore and fanservice for Kirby's devoted fans

Cons
-The true final boss might make you want to blow up your 3DS

Back