The Official AH NEE MAY Topic

I would love someone to make a Pokémon anime that's more based off the manga. I could hear kids who've never read it hiding under their blankets if they see Black Fog on the tv.

I'm still trying to figure out the name of this thing.

Ohhhhhhhh...

Only anime I really watch is Votron.

Yo! How many of you watch anime and are a fan? Irl, I've met only a few people who watch anime, so looking forward to meet anime fans out there.

What's your favorite anime?
Mine is Seven Deadly Sins (I got introduced to shounen demographics viz this), www.working(best Slice of Life I've seen) Yakusoku no Neverland, (I totally recommend this show, looking forward for next season) , Mob Psycho and Tokyo Ghoul (not for everyone, but I love this show)

What are you watching currently?
I'm watching Ergo proxy(sci fi anime not meant for everyone) , Fate/Zero season 2(The first season was pretty decent, so I decided to watch this)

What are you planning to watch?
I'm planning to watch Deca, and Jojo season 3( Some discord friends introduced me to this awesome franchise)

What's the best anime of summer 2020?

Do you have a waifu?
Mine is Touka Kirishima. I tend to lean towards tom boyish tsundere lol

Do you need any recommendations from any genre?
Also recommend me some Seinen anime

What anime releases are you looking forward too?
AoT s4, Yakusoku no Neverland s2, BnHA s5, 7ds s4, Tower of God season 2

I'm not a huge anime watcher, but I did see some episodes of some, namely Bobobobobo-bobo, Kill la Kill, Your Name, Ouran High School Host Club, Sergeant Frog, Fairy Tail, My Hero Academia, and Hetalia: Axis Powers. I probably saw others as well but their name escapes me.

I've really enjoyed Sergeant Frog and Hetalia. For the former, it has a nice sense of humor that resonates very well with me, in that it's a cutesy set of little frogs who want to take over the world but they're utterly inept at it (and being subject to their human friends) while the latter, I love the exaggerated national stereotypes and it always intrigues me to see how Japanese people stereotype other nations, including their own (I also love how it's a cute, playful portrayal of historical world events, even has chibi moments which is pretty cute).

Not watching anime currently but I'll probably pick up Sergeant Frog and Hetalia again. Hetalia is strange to get into, as it's composed of shorts that are disconnected from each other and have a strange chronological sequence to them.

Not sure what I'd be planning to watch since as I said, I'm just a casual viewer so I'm mostly unaware of anime. I'd probably just pick up from the shows I had watched and finish those first before I get into new ones.

Sorry, don't know. I don't think I've watched any anime released this year.

Do you have a waifu?

Nah. I do like Giroro from Sergeant Frog a lot and I'm biased towards liking Russia in Hetalia. Hetalia is filled with cute anime boys portraying country stereotypes. As for girls, I've enjoyed the main protagonist from Ouran High School Club as she acts like the straight one out of the lot and she's cute dressed as a boy.

I tend to like light-hearted comedy anime, if you can't tell by now, judging from my posts. Not a fan of female fanservice or sexual jokes, so I'd like to keep that to a minimum.

As my palette is extremely limited, dunno if there's one.

Yo! How many of you watch anime and are a fan? Irl, I've met only a few people who watch anime, so looking forward to meet anime fans out there.

I've been watching a number of anime shows over the past two years, so I think I have enough to answer these questions.

Thus far the shows I've watched include: Alternative Gun Gale Online, Spice and Wolf, Kino's Journey (2017), Recovery of an MMO Junkie, Senki Zesshou Symphogear, True Tears, Death Parade, Sword Art Online (pieces of it, not the whole thing), Usagi Drop, Sing Yesterday For Me, Keep Your Hands off Eizouken, Thermae Romae, Non Non Biyori, and Crossing Time. It's a small and eclectic selection, which is why I highlight it. I may not exactly be a representative sample!

Of all of that, though, my favorite of all of those is hands-down Kino's Journey (2017). I'm a sucker for semi-episodic shows with a heavy emphasis on philosophy, and that one takes the cake in my opinion. It did take a bit to ease into it, with the first four episodes having me really wavering on it and thinking it might be more of an action show than I was looking for, but then it started rolling along with the heavy hitters and hooked me right good.

In a respectable second, Death Parade, with a similar structure, and Usagi Drop, which is just the cutest anime I've ever seen, jockey for position.

Currently, I'm working through the cute and very relaxing Non Non Biyori on recommendation of Epic Nitwit! It's been solid so far, and I busted out laughing when...

Hotaru was caught making numerous plush dolls of her crush. It was just such a dumb but jovial scene that I couldn't help myself.

I also started the first episode of the series Crossing Time, which seems to be a bit of an artistic anime, given the episodes are all a mere three minutes long. It seems to be focused on episodic philosophy, which is kind of my thing, so I'm eager to watch more!

Oh, I have quite the extensive backlog, but with the exception of Crossing Time and its short episodes, I never watch more than one show at a time. That said, I also have a really hard time starting shows, even if I intend to watch them, so it depends in large part on what catches my eye at the right moment. Though, Love Live is a high priority for me to try sometime soon.

Oh, I'm sorry to say that I'm always way behind on anime... and media and pop culture in general, actually. I don't know about any of the newest stuff until it's had it's day in the limelight.

Do you have a waifu?

You know... I don't know if this question is being posed unironically or ironically but I guess my cop-out disclaimer here is that I don't really take the "waifu" idea seriously but I also don't have any problems with it as - nay, I actually enjoy and support it - a fun way of saying "who is one of/some of your favorite characters" or "what characters do you really like?".

And to that extent, there's a number of characters I could cite, like Lawrence Craft from Spice and Wolf, or Nona from Death Parade, or Tsubasa from Symphogear...

But, we're just beating around the bush at that point. My top pick of any anime character is Elza Kanzaki.

Also recommend me some Seinen anime

I'll try about anything from any genre as long as it's not NSFW or horror - not much of a horror guy, it doesn't do anything for me - so I suppose I'll gladly recommend any additions to the pile! If you know any of those episodic shows with a low-key focus on philosophy and the human condition, though, please pass it along!

Alas, I must apologize, as I don't know much Seinen anime.

...hmm... none that I know of at the moment, though I can think of a few hypothetical ones I'd very much like to see announced...

>favorite anime
fullmetal alchemist brotherhood and hunter x hunter are top tier. other candidates are mob psycho 100 and samurai champloo

>watching currently
i've been marathoning through the entire gundam franchise since last spring. right now i'm on Turn A Gundam, this really atmospheric and unique take that's honestly a joy so far

>planning to watch
after i finish turn a and this one other ova, i'm most likely taking a break from the marathon to refresh my palette with something else. not sure what, i don't really have a set schedule

>favorite summer 2020 anime
unless it's jojo or eizouken i don't really pay attention to seasonal stuff, watching one episode per week isn't really my pace. i still have a boatload of classics to go through

>waifu
revy from black lagoon or riza hawkeye from fma. gun girls are just an aesthetic for me idk

>recommendations
no

The Rose of Versailles. Close second would be Oniisama e... (fittingly both are based on manga by Riyoko Ikeda and were both directed by the late Osamu Dezaki [well, Dezaki directed episode 19 onwards for ROV])

I'm technically watching Healin' Good Precure, Suite Precure, Ojamajo Doremi, and Transformers: Beast Wars II, but I've like five weeks behind on Healin' Good and haven't actually watched any of the other shows in months.

Futari wa Pretty Cure Splash Star, Yes Pretty Cure 5, Yes Pretty Cure 5 GoGo, Cutie Honey, and Cutie Honey Flash.

IDK, the only show that I watch that airs normally and isn't old as Hell is Precure and each season of that begins in February and run until the end of January the next year. (CR listed Healin' Good as a summer 2020 anime tho but that was only because they picked the show up after its few months COVID-19 hiatus lol)

Do you have a waifu?
I mean I find the term 'waifu' honestly kinda cringe, but my all-time favorite female character in anime is Oscar François de Jarjayes from The Rose of Versailles.

No not really, I know what I like and that's magical girl shows (especially kid friendly ones, I am very much not a fan of stuff like Madoka Magica), mecha, vintage shoujo, and yuri.

Whatever the next Pretty Cure season is. Hope the hiatus doesn't fuck up the scheduling for these shows too much.

ping pong
something probably i don't watch anime much anymore i just read manga
heavens feel 3 camrip
idk
Do you have a waifu?
donkey kong
no im good
heavens feel 3 bd

probably golden boy

imas

ojamajo doremi
f/z
imas

idk

Do you have a waifu?
shes not from an anime

no

idk

Gosh, well, I love BNHA, JJBA, Saiki K, Little Witch Academia, and others~ But right now it has to be BNHA.

JJBA with my grandma. We both love it and are currently on part three.

I'm going to go back to watching Saiki K after I finish JJBA and see if Hulu has got the dub of season four of BNHA.

Everyone's probably on that Jojo train rn idk.

Do you have a waifu husbando?

*deep breath* Bakugo, Kaminari, Deku, Mr. Yagi, and Joseph. The last two are more father figures than boyfriend material lol

idk Just hit me ig.

More Jojo and BNHA heck yeaaaa

1597769549571.png

mostly joshikousei and stuff airing this season. i recently finished asobi asobase. anime is a thing that comes and goes for me
1597769589599.png

most likely oregairu s3

Do you have a wife?
i love her and will love her forever and nothing will ever change that
1597770119900.png

no. i usually just ask uniju if im stumped but i have so many things on my ptw

haruhi s3, sailor moon movie, konosuba s3, tensura s2, yuru camp s2, nico yazawa family anime spin off

Been watching Tokyo Mew Mew New, it's only on its second episode but I quote enjoy.

I've never seen the 2000s anime but I have read the original manga.

Damn shame that Mia Ikumi (the illustrator and co-creator of TMM alongside Reiko Yoshida) passed away back in March, she never got to see this series. She was only 42 years old too, really damn young.

Back