That one boss...

Boolossus_LM3DS_photo.png

As far as I'm concerned, Boolossus can go screw itself 15 times.

Why? The method of defeating it is super tedious. You split this thing into 15 smaller ones that you have to suck up. Every time your vacuum turns on, the Boos seem to fly away 50 feet away and you have to constantly chase them down. Maybe you can freeze them, due to the fight spawning ice elemental ghosts. The ice projectile you shoot isn't very good, though, especially when there's a few Boos left and getting these things to cooperate is terrible. When you wait too long they reform into this thing and you have to drag it with the weird ass vacuum physics again to separate it.

The fight drags on and on and on.

Chilly_Ride_LMDM.png

Secret Mine from Luigi's Mansion 2 has also a shit boss fight. You have to use janky gyro to launch bombs into a rotating face thing until you either kill it (its ice shards can respawn), it kills you, or your machine kills you.

Shadow Queen from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
IMG_5748.png
I had so much trouble on this boss in 2013. I HATED having to go through the incredibly slow unskippable cutscenes every time I lost too! When I finally won the battle I was at 1 HP! I vowed to never fight this boss again, but obviously that didn't happen. That was when I was 9 years old and was bad at games. Now I'm 20 and I can defeat her no problem. Bring it on in the remake Shadow Queen! You should fear ME instead you Royal pain!

You have to use janky gyro
I don't, the control stick works.

Anyway, for me I'd say Dreamy Bowser. Dream Team may be my favorite Mario & Luigi game, but I'm not a huge fan of the final boss mostly for his healing habits when he goes into the background and heals 150 HP then stays in the background and keeps healing every turn until you defeat all the dreamy minions he spawns. Whenever I play these games I usually refrain from using Bros. Attacks even during boss fights but with Dreamy Bowser I don't really have a choice because of this.

3D Culex from the Super Mario RPG remake. Every, like, 5 turns, he takes out nearly all of your team's health, has 9999 HP on his own, and Shredder doesn't let Invincibility work. Nuff said.

3D Culex from the Super Mario RPG remake. Every, like, 5 turns, he takes out nearly all of your team's health, has 9999 HP on his own, and Shredder doesn't let Invincibility work. Nuff said.
Jesus Christ, man, that sounds impossible! Totally unfair.

For whatever reason, I first thought of Major Burrows. Neither knocking him out of the ground nor chasing him down feels good, and then he starts faking you out. Bouldergeist was more memorably difficult for me at the time, but now I'm pretty sure I could take that boss out on my first try, and I can't say the same here.

Sometimes it feels like I didn't play the same Gusty Garden Galaxy as everyone else, lol

Major Burrows I didn't find too memorable. Daredevil Bouldergeist is pretty tough tho.

For me Daredevil Bouldergeist would be the hardest by far, it's hard enough with full health then you make it a daredevil mission and it's even harder

For whatever reason, I first thought of Major Burrows. Neither knocking him out of the ground nor chasing him down feels good, and then he starts faking you out. Bouldergeist was more memorably difficult for me at the time, but now I'm pretty sure I could take that boss out on my first try, and I can't say the same here.

Sometimes it feels like I didn't play the same Gusty Garden Galaxy as everyone else, lol
Major Burrows is mine too, he's infinitely worse on the Daredevil Comet.

For me personally, the boss fights in Origami King were terrible. Some of the worst boss fights in any game I've played. I'm actually floored to see how all the reviews praised them. They're the sole thing stopping TOK from being a great game for me.

I disagree with a lot of what Arlo said about TOK, but he was spot on about the boss fights.

Back