Shmaluigi

Off-Duty Private Investigator
Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
I have officially written for more than one 'Shroom section now so I'm making one of these fancy threads that lists all my sections.

Fake News
Consumer Corner
Waluigi Time shills for the latest bizarre products from Waluigi Time Cereal Inc. in these commercials, with interesting results.
Diggin' Up Dirt
Very reputable "journalist" Spooks Booley provides you with all of the news stories that they don't want you to hear. Who are "they"? Well, we're not sure Spooks knows himself.
Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown
Two characters from the Mario franchise go head-to-head in combat! Who will come out on top?
You can help with this section by nominating or voting for fighters in the Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown thread.
News Flush
News reports by reporter Walter G. Timeson usually based on current events in the community.
This is a volunteer section that anyone can write for. If you'd like to write your own News Flush, you can send it directly to me (for now) with no application necessary!

Fun Stuff

Palette Swap
Shmaluigi, Private Investigator
Ace detective Shmaluigi solves mysteries and busts criminals in these stories! These can range from one-off stories to arcs spanning multiple issues.
Waluigi Time Comic
Brawl in the Family-inspired comics featuring the antics of Waluigi Time and his interactions with other characters like Shbig Changes, Chuck, and other community members.

Pipe Plaza
Poll Committee Discussion

An analysis of the results of polls from MarioWiki's front page written by the members of the current Poll Committee.

Critic Corner
Character Review

Pretty much what it says on the tin. These reviews range from semi-serious to silly.
This is a volunteer section that anyone can write for. If you'd like to write your own Character Review, you can send it directly to Anton with no application necessary!

Strategy Wing
To Infinity and Beyond

A 100% walkthrough of the Toy Story 2 video game by Traveller's Tales, while pointing out some interesting facts and oddities about the game along the way.

Other
Special Features

Staff Notes
The 'Shroom Spotlight
Fake News Director's Notes
Pipe Plaza Director's Notes
'Shroomfest Staff Notes

Feedback, comments, and questions are welcome!

Last edited:

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
New sections! This month I've made by Palette Swap debut with a brand new section featuring a certain investigator I'm sure you all know well. Be sure to check out Shmaluigi, Private Investigator to see what he's been up to since the end of Sheep Mafia! Also, Magolor04726 has recorded an audio version, so check out the channel and give the first part a listen!

Over in Fake News, as always we have another Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown, along with a News Flush about my specialty, cereal. Oh, and I hear there's a pretty interesting interview this month as well...

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Fairly standard stuff this issue. In Fake News, Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown has a summer-themed match as the season comes to a close, along with a News Flush that actually isn't inspired by Mindless Junk threads this time around, but by Dr. Mario World! Lots of love for that game this issue it would seem.

Over in Palette Swap, the Hidden Mansion arc of Shmaluigi, Private Investigator continues! I've also brought on a few guest writers to lend dialogue to some familiar faces.

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Lots of stuff this time around! Starting off with Fake News, Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown is celebrating the release of WarioWare: Get It Together! with a Wario-themed match. And since you asked for it, our head of security, Chuck, is a guest commentator this month!

Over in Palette Swap, Shmaluigi, Private Investigator continues with the conclusion of the Hidden Mansion arc. Will Shmaluigi fulfill his dream of investigating a Killing Game? Read it and find out! But that's not all, because I've got another new section, Waluigi Time Comic! Yep, it's finally time for them to be a regular thing. Who knows what shenanigans Waluigi Time, Shbig Changes, Chuck, and everyone else will be getting up to.

What, you thought I was only starting one new section? Think again, over in Strategy Wing you can read the beginning of To Infinity and Beyond, a walkthrough and in-depth look at the Toy Story 2 video game. This section deals with the core game mechanics and the game's first level, Andy's House.

Aside from these regular sections, I've also written a one-off Character Review in Critic Corner of none other than Super Arrow himself! What, we had to have at least one 'Shroom section about a good F-Zero character this issue, right?

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Lots of stuff going on this issue! All four of my regular sections are back, of course. In Fake News, Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown is featuring a Halloween-themed match with spooky fighters chosen by you, as always. In Palette Swap, Shmaluigi unravels the mystery of a haunted warehouse in Shmaluigi, Private Investigator, and we have a double feature of Halloween themed comics in Waluigi Time Comic! I got two ideas and didn't have the heart to drop either one, so you get more content. And in Strategy Wing, To Infinity and Beyond continues with the second level, Andy's Neighborhood. (Couldn't do any Halloween theming for that one, sorry.)

I'm also making a guest appearance in Fun Stuff with Al's Commute, a maze based on everyone's favorite Toy Barn owner. I can't believe he has to drive all the way to work on a Saturday! ALL THE WAY TO WORK!

Speaking of guest appearances, I couldn't skip out on the special features, could I? As a loyal minion of the great Ray Trace, smartest and handsomest of the Protectors, I helped with Awards Analysis this year, and I also compiled Waluigi Time's Writer Testimonials with the help of 13 other fantastic 'Shroom writers! Oh yeah, and you know how I was shilling for Trick-Or-Treating With The 'Shroom? I'm in that too. Go check it out, it's great.

Also, thanks for once again voting for Shmaluigi, Private Investigator as Palette Swap's Section of the Month! Waluigi Time Comic tied for second place, and To Infinity and Beyond placed second in Strategy Wing! It really makes me happy to see you guys enjoying what I come up with, and don't worry because there's plenty more where that came from.

One last thing before I go... This one isn't mine, but I can't not give a shout-out to Magolor's Wahn Special 'Shroom Song as long as I'm here. No spoilers, just check it out. You'll know why.

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Hello hello I am back with more 'Shroom sections! In Fake News, we have one of my personal favorite Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown matches in a while, also featuring the appearance of a new Smackdown employee! Also, after taking a couple issues off, 'Shroom reporter Walter G. Timeson returns in a new News Flush poking fun at a recent wiki proposal.

In Palette Swap, follow along as Shmaluigi gets wrapped up in another case in the first part of the "Diamond in the Rough" arc of Shmaluigi, Private Investigator, and see what happens when Shbig Changes gets his digital paws on Mario Party Superstars in the latest Waluigi Time Comic.

I'm also in Pipe Plaza this issue with my first Poll Committee Discussion for my boss, the smartest, most handsomest Ray Trace, covering the last two polls about the ever-controversial Paper Mario series and Illumination's Mario movie. And with that, I've now written a section for every 'Shroom team! Do I get an achievement for that?

Finally, To Infinity and Beyond continues over in Strategy Wing, with a shorter section this time around covering the first boss level of the game, Bombs Away, as well as one of the game's more interesting glitches.

Before I go, I just want to acknowledge that Shmaluigi, Private Investigator took second place in Palette Swap's SOTM! Thanks for supporting my sections!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
It's 'Shroom release day again, make sure to go read it and also participate in 'Shroomfest (I haven't decided what team I want to support yet, help). Anyway I wrote stuff as usual. Starting off with Fake News, Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown returns for the final time this year with a Yoshi-themed match. Next month we're celebrating a year of Smackdown, so be sure to check back for that. Also, I'm starting a new section called Consumer Corner featuring commercials advertising the newest products from the twisted bright minds at Waluigi Time Cereal Incorporated! Finally, there's a News Flush coming straight from Chaos Town.

In Palette Swap, Shmaluigi, Private Investigator continues with the second part of the "Diamond in the Rough" arc we kicked off last month. Waluigi Time Comic is a double feature again this month, with one Christmas-themed comic and one Yoshi-themed comic. Finally, in Strategy Wing we have To Infinity and Beyond, covering the Construction Yard level. I also did some art pieces for The 'Shroom Staff Recipe Book, so check that out too and see what The 'Shroom staff has cooking (haha I'm funny).

Lots of Section of the Month ties across the board from last issue, and I want to thank you for making both Shmaluigi, Private Investigator and Waluigi Time Comic part of a four-way tie in Palette Swap, and for voting for my take on Poll Committee Discussion in a tie in Pipe Plaza!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Hello it's me, your new Sub-Director, bringing more 'Shroom sections! Fake News has a special edition of Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown this month celebrating one year of the section, another Consumer Corner that definitely won't be controversial, and a News Flush building off of last month's Consumer Corner. Palette Swap wraps up the current arc of Shmaluigi, Private Investigator and features a Waluigi Time Comic in which WT obtains a new cereal ingredient. Finally, To Infinity and Beyond continues in Strategy Wing with the start of the fifth level, Alleys and Gullies.

Also, Waluigi Time Comic won Section of the Month in Palette Swap! Thanks again for the support!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Hello and welcome to the first ever update of this thread following an issue release of which I am a Sub-Director of. That sounded weird. This doesn't change anything in the thread at all but I felt like saying that. But now I'm in charge of writing half of the Staff Notes! I'm not going to link them everytime but be sure to read them for important updates.

Probably the most ordinary set of updates this thread has ever seen today! Fake News has a robot-themed match in Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown and a brand new product launch in Consumer Corner to further cement our dominance of the breakfast food aisle. In Palette Swap, Waluigi Time moves into his new office in the latest Waluigi Time Comic, and Shmaluigi, Private Investigator begins a new story arc that I'm really excited about starring... well, you'll have to read it to find out. Finally, Strategy Wing features the next level of Toy Story 2 in To Infinity and Beyond, bringing the game's second zone to a close.

Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown and Waluigi Time Comic won Section of the Month in Fake News and Palette Swap, respectively. Thanks for supporting my sections!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
The new issue is here! In Fake News we have the latest Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown match with probably one of the most unexpected combinations of fighters we've seen yet, and an intruder crashes the newest installment of Consumer Corner. Palette Swap brings another Waluigi Time Comic giving you a look at what WT's been up to since becoming Sub-Director, and the longest section I've ever submitted to The 'Shroom, the latest installment of Shmaluigi, Private Investigator finishing off the Termination Notice arc we started last month. It's got fun references and some great guest writers (including Pitohui returning as Morris), so don't let the length scare you off! Finishing things off in Strategy Wing, it's finally time for To Infinity and Beyond to take us all the way to Al's Toy Barn on a Saturday - ALL THE WAY TO AL'S! (Fun fact: I actually did write this in its entirety on a Saturday.) There's plenty of other cool sections to read in this issue from our great writers, including some guest submissions, brand new sections, sections returning from hiatus, and even a couple of existing sections going above and beyond this month! Be sure to check it out.

Last month's To Infinity and Beyond won first place in Strategy Wing last month, tying with Shoey's the Wandering Shoestrel's excellent The Greatest Quest. Thanks for voting! Maybe you guys really liked that Gooigi joke, I dunno.

Also, giving credit where it's due, I've updated the section list a bit taking some inspiration from Goombuigi who recently made a fancy overhaul to his own 'Shroom section thread, so now you get a bit of an idea of what each section is about.

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
I'm tired

Alright, Fake News! Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown is here as always, this time it's a sporty match to go with the issue theme. Consumer Corner also joins in on the theme, breaking away from the breakfast aisle entirely for once! I also threw in an extra section for the special issue and brought back Game Corner which hasn't been seen for a few years (I'd really like to see someone take this on full time again tbh). Over in Palette Swap, a brand new story arc begins in Shmaluigi, Private Investigator that should be pretty fun, and there's a new Waluigi Time Comic inspired by a certain upcoming Mario game. Finally, To Infinity and Beyond continues in Strategy Wing. We're still stuck in Al's.

Be sure to check out all the other sections too, take our Feedback Survey, and admire all the great new art GBA made for the issue!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
Trying a new format for these posts this month because I want to, who's gonna stop me?!

Fake News:
  • Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown - Here's a match where we definitely need a doctor in the house.
  • Consumer Corner - Who said you can't shill for two things at once? Watch as Waluigi Time attempts to sell cereal AND get people to hate Porcupuffers!
  • Diggin' Up Dirt - A new section starring "journalist" Spooks Booley with the most ridiculous stories you've never heard. I'm writing this on a volunteer basis, so it'll only pop up when I have ideas for it.
  • Peddler's Place - And I threw in a one-off to shill for Vote P for F7 even more!
Palette Swap:
Strategy Wing:
  • To Infinity and Beyond - After three months straight of going all the way to Al's on a Saturday, we finally wrap things up with a boss fight that brings back some familiar faces!

Also, thanks for voting for both Game Corner and Shmaluigi, Private Investigator as Section of the Month!

Shmaluigi

Wiki Administrator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Awards Committee
Poll Committee
Pronouns
He/him
How I survived this one is anyone's guess

Fake News:
  • Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown - It's time for our first ever Beach Bash! Two exciting fighters and a great prize up for grabs!
  • Consumer Corner - We continue to stray further from the cereal aisle despite Shbig's objections.
  • News Flush - Someday we will answer the question "how many Fake News section can you squeeze out of Dr. Mario World?" but right now the number still goes up.
  • News Flush - No that's not a copy+paste error, I wrote two News Flushes this month because I got inspired and the pull of writing 'Shroom sections is just too great.
Palette Swap:
Strategy Wing:
Specials:
  • Blooper Race - I wrote the third race for this but I'm not linking you there directly because you should read ALL of the races!
  • Living Game: Where Are They Now? - One of the last things I expected to be writing for The 'Shroom was Winnie the Pooh fanfiction but here we are.
Also, thanks for voting Diggin' Up Dirt and Waluigi Time Comic as Section of the Month! Your support is much appreciated, and I'll let Spooks Booley know you liked him.