the official "u did it" thread

It's been a whole 4-5 months since I haven't bought Amiibo, but I bought some yesterday.

I built my first computer. I'm so elated, I really needed a win after about 2 months of being shit on by my life.

Now to play games and make games and stream games and stream makin' games. So hype! :pgp:

^i've actually got some related news to that, i'm currently upgrading my pc, which is sort of like building a new one, as i'm replacing everything but the motherboard

currently sitting with an nvidia gtx 1060 graphics card, amd cpu, 2 hyperx 8gb ram sticks, some sick new fans (still need an adapter for these tho lol), i'm gonna get a new psu at least 1000w, 4tb hard disk, and eventually a new case someday soon

pretty sure that's everything at the moment

if it gets to it, i'll upgrade the motherboard in the future, but that'll be a long time away, at least a couple of years

1000w sounds like a lot more than you would ever need. I salvaged my old 600w one and that was just fine.

I've got an AMD CPU build as well with a beefier graphics card. These were the specs I went with, came to a little under $2k AUD.
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo Edition 11GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire RGB Fan
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD
RAM: T-Force Dark Pro DDR4 16gb 3200MHz

To save some bucks I salvaged the following from my old build:
Storage: WD Green 2T HDD
Case: Cooler Master 430 Elite
Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W

Also needed to get a new Windows 10 which was around $160.

If you're not going to upgrade your motherboard, make sure it has the correct socket for the AMD CPU. If you previously had an Intel one, it won't work with AMD and you'll have to get a new one.

fantanoice said:
1000w sounds like a lot more than you would ever need. I salvaged my old 600w one and that was just fine.

I've got an AMD CPU build as well with a beefier graphics card. These were the specs I went with, came to a little under $2k AUD.
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Turbo Edition 11GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Processor with Wraith Spire RGB Fan
Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B350-F
Storage: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD
RAM: T-Force Dark Pro DDR4 16gb 3200MHz

To save some bucks I salvaged the following from my old build:
Storage: WD Green 2T HDD
Case: Cooler Master 430 Elite
Power Supply: Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 600W

Also needed to get a new Windows 10 which was around $160.

If you're not going to upgrade your motherboard, make sure it has the correct socket for the AMD CPU. If you previously had an Intel one, it won't work with AMD and you'll have to get a new one.

And to think a few months back I thought I was hot shit with my RX 580. Nice build

I went to the beach and learnt how to swim. This song describes my visit to the beach:

That's nice. I'm aware of the newer cards releasing soon. Did it all now because I had the time. I don't know how I'd find the time to research it all and learn to build it if I was working again, for instance.

Passed my driving test and got my Probationary license! :D (Ie: what Nitwit did but a day later). XD

I survived Hurricane Florence.

Hardly a major development in my personal life, but I created my first TV Tropes page in for-fucking-ever! Quite pleased with how it turned out if I say so.

I helped my neighbours clean up the mess that Hurricane Florence did.

Completely killed all energy I had by bowling 9 games all in a row and averaging 104 for the season, which is an improvement from the 97 I had last season. Not to mention the 12/15 centuries (games over 100) I have this so far this season.

Me and my girlfriend are no longer dating and we are no longer a couple, she came forth to me and said the age gap is too far but you know what?

I can't flat out see my best friend anymore and my former best friend backstabbed me for no reason other than I was trans and "attention seeking", the fact that we still love each other as friends is making me happy.

So, what I did I do? I got proof that I grown past my self in these past 2 years.

Back