What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

I got the Switch version as a Valentine's gift from my parents, but before starting on the new content there I wanted to finish getting 100% on my Wii U file. Apparently I was pretty close to doing so when I last played it, so I completed a couple more objectives in the Bonus episode. Now all that's left is the dreaded and infamous Mummy-Me Maze Forever.

Another Eden

The final boss fight for IDA Part 1 was actually pretty tough. Then I accidentally got myself stuck into the first Cerrine Encounter which could have turned out poorly but it worked out, barely. The rates in this game must be amazing because I'm pretty sure I haven't had a single tenfold that didn't give a 5 or 4.5 star character. I'm clearing the story now, no more detours, the rest of the side stories have finales with pretty high recommended levels that I don't want to deal with. It would also be nice to try and get the materials to upgrade these 4.5 characters to 5 and I need to clear the story for those to open up.

played rayman 3 for the first time today! also its my first 3d rayman whoops! i had no idea what i was doing but it was pretty fun
• the manual said this. no you cant use right click to jump. i was kinda excited because right click to jump is how the first three harry potter games control! oh well. i just remapped the controls to something similar to what i have for origins and it worked fine enough
unknown.png

• i play with a keyboard and mouse
IMG_20200218_215058.jpg

• these guys make the same sfx as the omnivorous bird mouths in spore and i cant get over it. i HAVE to make em in spore
IMG_20200218_220510.jpg

• globox a dumbass i absolutely love him. he was talking to flowers and im pretty sure thats exactly how hed act in origins/legends

• "SPECIAL NEWS-FLASH: a Hoodlum has succeeded in counting up to 4."

• i smacked a turtle in globoxs direction on accident and then the turtle just kinda. floated there for a few secs
IMG_20200218_230452.jpg

• prntsc unfortunately wrecks the whole ui in the screenshot that saves so i couldnt get "press the jump button to jump" in there what a SHAME
unknown.png

also pretty music and pretty grafix. epic!

A Hat in Time

Subcon Forest is the best level. I enjoyed spending ages in there, just walking around, and finding the collectibles scattered around everywhere, none of them are that important, but I enjoyed it anyway. Only about half of the level is used for the main mission, but I think that made me enjoy the level even more. The music for it is also really good, and might be one of my favourite songs in the game.

Sonic the Hedgehog, beat the game with all six Chaos Emeralds, started a bit on Sonic the Hedgehog 2, which I can say is already an improvement based on the first two levels. Probably will go into more in-depth in another thread.

Dynamite Headdy really enjoying this game so far. The main character's design is so cute. It's a 2D platformer where you throw your head around in 8 directions as a projectile and it takes place in a colorful world of toys and puppets. You mostly fight bosses than do platforming, and the bosses are all extremely creative and fun. It's a huge shame the game never got a sequel, it definitely deserves to get modernized.

Sonic the Hedgehog
My friend gave me a copy of Sonic Collection for the DS the other week, I've been thinking of trying to beat them all as a side project. I used to try on Sega Genesis during family get togethers (my cousin owned it), but eh, it was hard to do in one sitting. It's the save feature on the DS that's getting my hopes up :diddy:

I was supposed to be playing FE: Three Houses but I got sidetracked and distracted by Binding Blade. Hard Mode.

Turns out it's actually a lot more fun than it is hard, and playing it makes me feel like a real pro because of how buff these enemies are.

Especially when I'm using some scrubs to kill them (along with a whole team of good units of course.)

more rayman 3! im starting to get better at it and am finding it more fun as time goes on!! i gotta replay all the levels later on to get Better Scores
why is globoxs voice actually absolutely incredible. i honestly wanted to keep hearing his lines which seem to be super quotable also. if you couldnt tell this game somehow made me love him even more and ive already not been shutting the up about him for like half a year at this point
in a level transition rayman became the void for a few secs
unknown.png

i discovered (like actually) that: if you look into a mirror ray will just grimace at himself thats so neat
this cutscene at the end of bog of murk was super weirdly dubbed for some reason
me on discord said:
hes busy watching some birds big mood honestly
IMG_20200220_224833.jpg

Kirby: Star Allies

I never completed Heroes in Another Dimension, so I've decided to fix that. Completed Dimension I with all 30 hearts.

Minecraft (Windows 10 Edition)

Had a good time, won a 4 players a side eggwars game, pretty entertaining. It took a few tries of silly errors and being let down by a partner, but I also eventually won a 2 player a side game, despite making a really stupid mistake where I let another player defeat me - they were really powerful and were teamed with someone else who was also very powerful. We held out for a while against that duo who were armed with punch bows, in good part because I bought one myself which helped repel them for a while. One of them got in and took our egg but I defeated them and they left the game. We escaped our island where they had held us by my tactic of a bow-proof bridge (a skill I learned after losing to someone who used it against me!), and the other powerful person on that team was on the top of the island trying to shoot us. I got a shot with my punch bow and they fell off and lost. We went to their island, took their egg, and defeated them for good. Finally there was this one person on an island, with an egg, who'd been holding everyone off with their bow for a while, so my partner and I once again adopted the bow-proof bridge strategy to get there safely, slow though it was. They fell off and quit, so we won! I wish I'd caught it on camera!

Kirby's Return to Dream Land

Revisiting this game, and it's as fun as I remember. It's great, classic Kirby gameplay, but also feels a little too safe and kinda generic. ...That's what I always said about Cookie Country, but it gets a lot better in Raisin Ruins from what I remember, so I'm not judging it yet.

Team Sonic Racing

LeftyGreenMario and I are actually througoughly enjoying this. It's a type of game that is far much more fun if you play it locally with a buddy than if you play it solo, and while I can understand the critiques people have for it such as no support after launch and bad character roster while playing too similarly and being a step back from Transformed, but we're having a lot of fun with this one, more fun than people have from it from the very least.

Team Sonic Racing

LeftyGreenMario and I are actually througoughly enjoying this. It's a type of game that is far much more fun if you play it locally with a buddy than if you play it solo, and while I can understand the critiques people have for it such as no support after launch and bad character roster while playing too similarly and being a step back from Transformed, but we're having a lot of fun with this one, more fun than people have from it from the very least.
One of the major issues I had with it is that I sometimes ended up losing because of my teammates, and the only thing I could do to help them was give them items (which I could only sometimes do, as the CPUs would sometimes have an item already). I assumed that it would be more fun if you had someone else to play with, and this pretty much confirms that.

Another major issue is the rather uninteresting track design for the new tracks. Most of the tracks feel rather lacking, with barely any hazards. This is especially apparent in some of the longer tracks such as Sky Road, which doesn't have any hazards until the very end. Clockwork Pyramid and Haunted Castle, while they have hazards, drag on for far too long, they also blend together in my head.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game, even if it's watered down, it's still the same fun gameplay from Transformed. The soundtrack is also brilliant, Roulette Road, Bingo Party and Sky Road in particular stand out as the best songs in the game.

One of the major issues I had with it is that I sometimes ended up losing because of my teammates, and the only thing I could do to help them was give them items (which I could only sometimes do, as the CPUs would sometimes have an item already). I assumed that it would be more fun if you had someone else to play with, and this pretty much confirms that.

Another major issue is the rather uninteresting track design for the new tracks. Most of the tracks feel rather lacking, with barely any hazards. This is especially apparent in some of the longer tracks such as Sky Road, which doesn't have any hazards until the very end. Clockwork Pyramid and Haunted Castle, while they have hazards, drag on for far too long, they also blend together in my head.

That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game, even if it's watered down, it's still the same fun gameplay from Transformed. The soundtrack is also brilliant, Roulette Road, Bingo Party and Sky Road in particular stand out as the best songs in the game.

I'd imagine having CPUs as teammates just sucks the fun out of a team-based game based on cooperation, since CPUs can't communicate with you and they require to be babysat to perform well and they are not as good racers as humans (my sister is at my skill level). Humans are also much better and quicker at swapping item boxes, which you receive powerful items such as the Triple Block very quickly, and they can independently activate their Ultimates only when they need. Having a second human very mitigates the issue of the third CPU performing badly: one time, my sister and I finished first and second, while Tails did the worst, and we still overall won the race, as I can rely on her to help carry the team. Usually, however, Tails finishes 3rd with the rest of us, but I've played on Normal so far, going to graduate to Hard once we beat the game and then on Expert, so I don't know how much his AI will improve from that point.

So far, all tracks we've been playing on are quite fun, with some annoying hazards such as the clock arm in one haunted track or their cogs, which can screw up the slipstream trail for other players. I actually like Sky Road a lot, it's so much fun flying through the air and bouncing on the hot air balloons. The visuals in the game are quite good and breath-taking as well, and I love the visual upgrades to the familiar tracks I've played on Sonic & All-Stars Transformed, such as the Seaside Hill course and Roulette Road. Then again, I haven't played too much Sonic games so the only tracks I recognize are the Sonic Heroes tracks like the bingo and Seaside Hill ones so I'm unaware of the potential theming misses. It's weird having two ice and two haunted tracks though.

Oh, and I'm not touching online with a ten-foot pole, even if it was good (and word of mouth is that it's not and it's dead). So that's another reason I avoid a lot of criticisms with the game.

One of my most major criticisms of the game is its performance issues and its loot-based system of obtaining customization (though you do get showered in a bunch of them early in the game, which is more than I can say for Crash). The game is extremely buggy and loves conking out at loading screens and having FPS drops midmatch, especially for one break the targets in a Seaside Hills-themed track, and it has the typical physics jank you'd find to expect from Sumo Digital software, though I find it more buggy here than I do in Transformed. It's annoying to go to the mod pod menu to receive new parts in the middle of story mode and individually drop credit in for each mod pod at a time to get new things.

still rayman 3!! i didnt. enjoy some levels but past them it was super epic!!
desert of the knaaren was Not Fun but it got much better once i got to the reflux fight. before that i kinda sorta got stuck a ton trying to figure out what to do and it was a sad gamer moment. at least some things the knaaren said to each other were pretty funny hehe
gumsi sounds like a toad (from super mario) but he called globox a stupid toad lmao
this cutscene at the end of desert just. got skipped for some reason and i had no idea andre was gone until like the end of longest shortcut
i love literally everything globox has to say in the longest shortcut omg. he keeps chanting random crap at those doors and then taking all the credit once rayman comes in and opens em. also the voice lines are so good??? also his voice in general is so good???
the music slapped one track reminded me of minecraft somehow. i really gotta listen to the soundtrack proper later
also heres a pretty pic
unknown.png

Pokemon Let's Go Eevee! (Nintendo Switch)

Currently on my third playthrough, got all eight gym badges and am currently hunting down Articuno in the Seafoam Islands before heading off to Victory Road. I feel like my party is most likely overleveled for the league and probably the championship bout too this time around since my Eevee alone is already somewhere around 60+ with the rest of my party hanging around their mid-50s.

I'm going to try to complete as much of the dex as I can this time around, I currently don't have Let's Go Pikachu! so I won't be able to get the version exclusives and I don't have a Pokeball Plus either so Mew is also off the table. Also trying to get Pokemon Go to work in the area that I live in is like pulling nosehairs, so I guess that also rules out Meltan and Melmetal.

Splatoon 2

Managed to get the Fresh rating (10+) for both the regular Squeezer (a weapon that can either fire in accurate long-range spurts or shorter-range spreading spurts) and the regular Flingza Roller. My performance for the Squeezer was so terrible that it basically made me match up with weaker players, which tells you how terrible I am at aiming since the weapon also has a Special that rewards great aiming. As a result of my terrible run, my run with the Flingza was better so I managed to get Fresh more easily. I am aiming to get their Foil variants to Fresh, which should be easier because the Squeezer has a great kit and the Flingza has a kit that I like.

Thank you for reading.

ill stop dumping these here now cause i beat rayman 3! now trying to get the ending cutscene because for some reason the game only showed me one frame of it and thats it!
also i literally just found out how to tab out the game so i didnt have to be stuck with phone photos all along.. wow man
ill start replaying every level from now on

Another Eden

I think I'm near the end of he main story? I cant tell but there was a big endgame like area that I cleared. I've started to make a dent in the first side story ladder, Another Dungeons feel like they take a long time but I cant tell for sure. Fishing is pretty boring, theres awards for catching 150 of every fish and that seems like the biggest grind in this game. I've tried for Hismena and got Mariel (AS) and 2 mariel dupes, which sucks but also now shes 64 light so I can get 3 rewards on VH dungeons.

Super Punch Out! (SNES Online)

Made it to the World Circuit. Beat Mr. Sandman and Bald Bull. Blasted through the Minor and Major Circuits.

Another Eden

I should have known there would be an airship eventually that would make fast travelling way easier, for this game it lets me jump between time periods without first going back to the Spacetime Rift first which is really convenient. I've completed the first Side Story completely, I kind of wish there was more content between Deirdre and Anabel but I know that Deirdre eventually gets a 5* upgrade in the future and Anabel gets an (AS) form at the same time so that will probably come with some story or side quest involving the two of them. I'm doing the Another Dungeon for IDA School 1 now, I don't have Isuka and the multipliers and payouts are much smaller than the first Side Story but the total Scores I need is much lower.

I started the Ocean Palace Episode, the grind for Pearls is way worse than the previous two Side Stories but I'm thinking I might come back to it much later once my team is a little higher levelled. The Mining Village Episode seems a lot nicer but is a time-gated resource collecting one, it kind of reminds me of the BotW side quest with building the town. Fishing sucks. Whenever I look at the list of fishing goals I remind myself this is just a side game and I have no reason to aim for 100%. I'll just take it at my own pace, I'm pretty sure there's no new side story content for a long time after the most recent one and only one main story expansion from now until Global catches up to JP. So I have time and I should savour what there is.

Back