What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge

Completed up to 5-2, which means I have only 3 more levels to go: 2 regular levels and a boss. This game is pretty difficult, but at least the game has checkpoints and an upgrade that acts as a super double jump so it's much more manageable.

Thank you for reading.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii U)

I cleared Raisin Ruins and Onion Ocean with all Energy Spheres. I also completed all difficulty levels of Ninja Dojo and Scope Shot. I also got a gold medal on the Sword Challenge, a bronze medal on the Whip Challenge, and a silver medal on the Hi-Jump Challenge. My current completion percentage is 36%.

I've played these games here recently

1 Borderlands 2

2 Kingdom Hearts 3

3 Star Fox 64 3d

I really do like these 3 games

only gripe I have with Kh3 is that the pacing isn't so great

Dragalia Lost

My last two 5* adventurers have been dupe Lily's lol. Didn't get a single one on her rate-up but I've gotten three of her afterwards. I'm pretty much done with the event and have been for a few days, I'm just stretching out this last bit of emblem collecting because the free daily ticket requires me to do 4-5 runs of the raid to unlock it. I don't really have anyone else I want to spend my mana on. I even threw 40 mana circles onto some adventurers I don't intend on really using like Euden and Cleo. I guess I'll start stockpiling it.

Fate/Grand Order

Half cost embers again, there's no real event for the Chaldea Boys Collection thing it's just a new servant up for grabs and a free CE featuring male servants. I guess there's something funny about not-genderbent King Arthur being added, if I didn't have Waver I'd be trying on this rate-up. I could use the embers, I got a lot of mats during valentines but no embers to level up servants afterwards.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
got two hours in before realizing that apparently i have to go play ground zeros to fully appreciate this game's plot so i gotta go do that now before continuing any further H.

Assassin's Creed: Unity
VIVA LE FRANCE GODS THE MAIN CHARACTER IS WEW it's an alright game so far i completed the bastille castle memory sequence. probably should've finished III and Black Flag before doing this but honestly I never really got the connection between the games other than "templars are bad kill them" so w/e. yes i know that's hypocritical considering what i just said about Metal Gear but tbh i play ass creed more for experiencing le unique historical settings rather than it's storyline

Tales of Vesperia

I took a month break when Etrian Odyssey Nexus came out. I don't remember if I figured out an easier way to guarantee fatal strike sigils to appear. I got better at activating them but aside from spamming the appropriate direction attacks on the appropriate enemies they only really appear when Rita casts a spell on them and it wrecks their fatal strike bars.

I definitely saved right in the middle of a puzzle and had to figure out what was going on lol. I'm in 'just finish the game' mode. I'm stocking up on Holy Bottles and I'm gonna skip enemies once I get bored of whatever new ones appear in new areas. I might still follow the side quest guide though, Act 3 tends to be where Tales games hand out the costume sidequests and those would be nice.

Dragalia Lost

I still have bad runs on Void Zephyr, usually because I'm barely out of range of the AoE's and still get hit and lose all my damage. Stupid ass bullshit like that. I might not be the main DPS but I still need to be able to contribute damage to the fight as a support. Also fuck the baiters that force strike over to me which makes Zephyr target me while I'm expecting it to go the opposite direction. My job is to stand back and let you do all the work damn it.

I'm looking forward to the High Midgard practice run thing, I'll be using a baiter for that so I need to actually learn how to do that before ruining everyones runs in the first few seconds.

Ever Oasis

Managed to obtain the sword that grants a very big XP bonus that gets better the lower level you are compared to the enemies you fight. Used it on Pami, and he got from level 10 to level 23 in just 30 minutes

Kirby's Return to Dream Land

I have now completed all five levels on Planet Popstar, with all 84 Energy Spheres. I am now on planet Halcandra, where Landia got angry and destroyed my ship, and now Magolor is begging me to defeat Landia. I have earned a gold medal on the Sword Challenge, as well as a silver medal on the Whip, Hi-Jump, and Bomb challenges. My completion percentage is 63%.

I last played Dark Rose Valkyrie had to fight 2 bosses in a row
both of which were annoying

Dragalia Lost

I accidentally merged the event wyrmprints I got so my +150% point bonus became a +50% bonus, though it's a good WP and I had two silver keys from Valentines so I unbinded it fully to get +100% at least. I haven't started the story yet, it's pretty late and I'll see how far I get before I get too tired. I wanted the dragon because it looks cool but I got Nidhogg instead lol. I can see why they've made this a double 5* showcase. It's good that they're giving Dark some more 5* adventurers. They added Ieyasu for new years but it was limited time so this way they can quickly give the Dark element some decent heavy hitters. There's also an offense focused healer so that's interesting.

Fate/Grand Order

The one time I really want a Craft Essence and I get two of the rate-up 5* servant and no craft essences lmao. It's a shame but I'll go without it, it was the perfect battle tank CE. I always seem to get 5* servants in doubles within a few rolls of each other, this is at least the fourth time it's happened. I'm still kind of floored by Halloween when I got double Francis Drake back to back when it was only a 0.019% chance for just one of her let alone two. I don't know what the math on that is.

This event seems like it'll be easy but I hate it when I have to clear the story first because I don't really have the time to do it at 1am.

Pokemon Emerald

been a while since i did a playthrough of a mainline pokemon game. a looooong time may i add.

Fate/Grand Order

It's been a while since I've had an event where I can't equip my good CE's to make things go by fast. There's servant specific bonuses as well but it's mostly 3* servants and the welfare, which means everyone will have them for the bonuses but they're weak so it feels like month 1 FGO again.

I hope the later nodes for farming aren't too hard, I'm probably going to need to replace one of these +20% bonus servants with someone better to clear them consistently.

Dragalia Lost

I monkey pawed my pulls by complaining about merging those Wyrmprints, I got two 5* event wyrmprints so now the point bonus total I have (+350%) is super overkill. I haven't attempted the Master challenge but I have a feeling I'll clear it just fine once my facility levels up more.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

I modded N64 Rainbow Road to be a full 3-lap race. I liked it before, but it was always too short because it only had 1 lap; not so anymore! Next, I think I'm going to change all SNES courses to 5 laps, as they were originally. Let's see how cool they are then.

You should just go all the way and race on 7 laps.

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Switch)

Beat episode 1, and it was pretty ok. It would be better if it was bigger, but what we got is pretty good. Episode 2 on the other hand is way harder, which makes for a better gaming experience.

The only thing I hated was a few troll challenges at the end of the stages.

Tales of Vesperia

They actually added a patch that fixed the control stick option to not jump the instant you move the stick in any slightly upward direction. It's like 35 hours too late but I'm going to use it now. Moving around the world map with only 4 directions; especially the areas that change camera view as you go, was just annoying. I have accidentally used my Over Limit a few times already.

The boss in the ice cap area was an absolute fuck, more and more bosses are gaining random combo escape armour and this one is flying so you get so little damage before it retreats underground again or just hovers out of range of 90% of your artes. OR it just uses its super fast tail swipe that cuts out half your health while you're in the middle of an animation. Also you don't have Estelle so there's no dedicated healer in your party and no AoE heals.

Dragalia Lost

Beat the Master challenge, I knew I could clear it in one attempt with Eiyasu and spamming force strikes. I knew Nefaria would die during the boss segment because the AI is so stupid with ranged characters, their biggest benefit is being able to dodge things easier and the AI will just roll the dice and if it's an even number they'll just take the hit.

Super Mario Galaxy

I have about 21 stars right now, I think. I'm currently getting stars in the Fountain. I know a lot of people say this game is easy, but as long as Sling Pod Galaxy exists, there's no way it can be that easy. Ray surfing is also overcriticized and it's far easier to control than those Blooper surfing challenges in Mario Sunshine. So far, I really like this game. And while the sequel may be better on paper, the original just has this...feel to it that the sequel just lacks. And did I mention just how great the soundtrack is?

Super Mario Sunshine

I have 13 shines on this game. So far, I've completed the first 7 episodes of Bianco Hills, the first two episodes of Ricco Harbor, the first episode of Pinna Park, and two blue coin shines. Some parts of this game were pretty frustrating. As in, that fifth episode of Bianco Hills (the Petey Piranha rematch) was just evil. The Blooper surfing challenge was also much more difficult than the ray surfing challenge in Mario Galaxy. But so far, I'm enjoying this game, too.

Tales of Vesperia

Looking at what it takes to 100% this game is daunting, it seems slightly less frustrating than Symphonia (3 playthroughs, 2 of those just to get an item each lol) and Abyss (stuff outright locked to NG+) in those aspects but like there's a lot of shit to do. Also it's a shame the best cameo costumes are locked to 200-Man Melee which is the postest of post-game content, I want to dress Karol up as Lloyd.

I've taken a look back at Xillia, I'm glad they realised the people playing Tales games are weebs so its fine to keep the japanese lyrics for the opening. Also the change to having ufotable do the opening helped. I should replay Xillia one day, I think it's probably my favourite Tales game although I think that's an unpopular opinion to hold from what I've seen.

Dragalia Lost

Cleared the event. I'm really close to being able to do High Midgard, I finally started working towards gathering the materials for it instead of chickening out because I'd be a burden. They added a practice version so I'll just do that until I'm comfortable enough to do the real thing. My Vanessa is 5k+ might now, the closest I had before was Lily but that was mostly just 5* base stats + MUB Levi. What a fucking fluke that I actually got MUB Levi.

random Xander showcase. Good choice.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

So far, I have three Cobalt Star shards, and I'm just entering Thwomp Volcano. I've enjoyed the game so far. The babies are a nice addition, even if they make for some tricky controls at times. The switch to Bros. Items isn't quite as bad as people make it out to be, but considering that I'm always short on coins, I would have preferred the standard BP system. Also, I'm playing the Wii U VC version, and...let's just say it has its quirks. But the game is still perfectly playable on the Touch Screen Focus screen setting, so that's what I've been using.

Stella Glow

Rusty is a one man army. Design team decided to make a thief character with physical attack higher than most characters in the game.

Dragalia Lost

I forgot they were adding new Void battles. The Frost Hermit gets Maribelle'd super hard. Dark Golem is pretty much just like the Fire Golem but faster and not weak to death by Lily. The Ghost battle isn't available yet.

They also started a countdown to half year anniversary, free ticket each day. If this is the countdown I wonder what the actual day will be. Maybe they'll remember the storyline lol.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time

Good to know I'm in the homestretch now. I've been playing this game for a total of 15-16 hours over the past couple weeks, and I've finally been notified that both the fourth and fifth Cobalt Star shards are in Star Hill, the current area I'm in. The last one is in the obvious final area, Peach's Castle (Past). I am currently en route to the fourth shard.

Being this far in the game, I feel like I can judge the game better now. To be honest, I can see why this is considered the weakest in the series, and I kinda have to agree. Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I think it's great, but it just has some serious competition. Superstar Saga with its impressive use of the basics, Dream Team with all of its uniqueness, and Paper Jam with its fantastic gameplay...it's just too high a bar for Partners in Time, whose central innovation often seems to be a mere excuse to use more buttons. The controls are just too tricky, and are the main reason I think this game would benefit most from a remake.

Fate/Extella Link

I forgot this was out, it came in the mail today. They said this one wasn't a sequel but more like a 1.5 game where they spent all their time refining the gameplay into something bearable and the story wasn't the focus. I can already tell. Larva Altera is the greatest existence.

Dragalia Lost
Me a week ago; i bet these punks with the high midgard epithet think they're so good.

Me now, with the high midgard epithet; damn im so good.

Shovel Knight Treasure Trove

The title doesn't lie: this game literally is a treasure trove. I didn't have this much fun in forever! I started a Shovel Knight campaign and GOD, seeing the title screen and hearing that awesome music on my TV was literally the best thing ever! I got through Black Knight, King Knight and Spectre Knight. The Spectre Knight fight was pretty challenging, but maybe it's because it's my first time. This game is so fun and I love it!

Back