What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Fate/Grand Order

They dropped Shinjuku during the USA Tour so that was nice of them, we all had an idea that this would be the case with the weird maintenance times. It really is a shame that Salter's Shinjuku outfit still isn't in the game even in JP especially when Jalter already has hers. I forgot how much text there is in a new chapter, it's fine when I have time but it took a long time to get through the prologue and just a few nodes last night.

I like Shinjuku Archer already, you were expecting a cute female companion to save you but it was me; a dandy 50 year old man.

Fire Emblem: Immortal Sword (fangame)

Been playing this for a while now. Currently in Chapter 9. The game does make you control different parties at some point, but Uther's is by far the best of all of them.

Something that makes this game hard though is that the charcters have bad growths. The screenshot I'm showing you here is considered good by this game's standards imo.

Elp8NEO.png

Tfw Hector's brother is Ike with Oscar's armor.

But yeah, Uther doesn't reliably double because of how easy it is to get RNG screwed. Granted, the game is still being developped. The Renewal staff doesn't even have a sprite yet, and most enemies lack a portrait.

A bunch of my units have started promoting, however, mainly the best ones of them. In one defend map that has proved to be particularly annoying but fun at the same time.

hHx90QX.png

I don't know if drifters are an actual class in official FE, but yeah. My Harken promoted into a Mercenary. Cool to see a Mercenary Harken since he's a hero prepromote in Blazing Sword.

That same map has a midboss that managed to kill Uther on one of my better attempts, and that made me salty because I had gained some great level ups then. Killing him was satisfying. His death quote is also something like he doesn't want to be fed to the crows and wants a burial, which would be sad, but guy deserves it.

ykITbsG.png

Btw Hassar is Lyn's dad if you didn't know. Madelyn is also the party's healer, so how fitting it is that he is so fragile that he constantly needs her.

Hassar is probably one of my better units offense-wise, but he's very fragile. The fact that he's a Nomad doesn't help, because a lot of enemies have anti-horse weapons. Harken is another one of my favorite units, he starts out with great strength and speed, and now doubles many things. I also gave him a Zambatou and Armor-Slayer, so he's a horse-killer and heavy hitter for armors. Could've given those weapons to Uther, but his personal weapon already deals extra damage to those things.

No matter how good Harken gets, though, he will not surpass my actual best unit.

KqcCq6y.png

What a cutie-pie!

When a unit manages to double most enemies with a steel bow with 100% accuracy, you know they're good. Toni started out as a scout, and she promoted into Archer as soon as Harken became a Mercenary. She has basically managed to one-round almost everything she touched, she's tanky enough to take some melee hits thanks to her relatively high HP (although I would love some defense on her level ups), she has excellent speed alongside decent strength allowing her to double with the heaviest weapons most of the time, and you never have to worry about missing a hit with her because of her ridiculous accuracy. She had a Magis Band on her at some point which increased some of her growths, but a thief stole it. But I doubt she'll really need that, she's just so amazing already. She has really come a long way. Glad to see investment in this Sacaean girl paid off. Could've went for the Pegasus Knight wannabe who joined in the same chapter, but she was... not that good.

Also the animations for a scout trying to shoot their bow is really cute-looking. Especially when they lose their balance afterward and almost fall to their knees. There was also that time when Toni crit twice in a fight some guy with armor, one-rounding him. She's also one of the few characters who was never killed on any of my attempts at any chapters, and she was really helpful in the last chapter I played for the strats I had in place. Can I ask for a better unit?

lvwGqAq.png

Oh yeah, this guy joined in the last chapter as well. He's certainly promising. And look at the results of weapon triangle advantage! (Also yes, that lance he has equipped reverses the weapon triangle, so it is actually strong against axes but weak against swords. Too bad that lance barely has a few uses now, it's been really good.)

I wanna promote Bennet because Halberdiers have the best animations in this game.

Dragalia Lost

My favourite thing about the Manticore Void Battle is hosting and watching people have stand-offs over who will swap to being the healer. There was one time where I had two healers join and they had a stand-off. Next event is a Light one again, Dark is crying in 1 non-limited ssr. The welfare dragon looks cool but it'll have bad stats because it's free, I wish it just did it like fgo where the freebies are practically indistinguishable from the gacha ones even if it meant less frequent welfares.

Fate/Grand Order

They changed the title screen to Epic of Remnant. I remember Sanzang being my first ssr and not really appreciating her because I already had Herc for single target big damage but Herc doesn't have a cute voice so he's clearly inferior. I'm glad I have seen the light.

I liked how the Christine battle made use of the break bars, they sacrificed waifu servants for the chapter so they could make nearly every new servant for the rest of EoR female. Sherlock Holmes showed up, I really like him so I'm glad he becomes a mainstay servant for future chapters. It is weird that they didn't have a Jalter rate-up during this chapter considering they've gone the bitchy girlfriend route, I'm sure they'll have a 'lets meet again' thing at the end to get people to roll for her but they forgot the rate-up to go with it lol. She does have some of the best facial expressions in this chapter.

Dark Souls Remastered.
I beat the game and now I'm in New Game+ a harder difficulty that peaks a New Game++++++ I'm already halfway into New Game+ due to my overpowered Greataxe +10.

I fought an assassin boss with one of the partiesthat are not Uther's.

Damn she's hot.

Dragalia Lost

I've swapped to using Lily for the Void Golem battle, I can do it with Karina but it takes more effort to avoid the melee attacks and having a group of Lily's or Cleo's can just chain freeze the boss to death. Somehow I've ended up with 9k wyrmite but I don't know how. They must've done some freebies during that last update.

It's pretty weird how they continue to improve the things I didn't even realise could use improvement. Now they just need to do double wyrmprints.

Fate/Grand Order
8doyi3lhqsi21.png

Hessian Doggo was actually pretty hard, I ended up using Lancelot for DPS. I guess I could've just used Archuria but I get kind of annoyed by how low damage her NP does. Realistically Lancelot's NP wouldn't do much more but it has a defense debuff added to it, the struggle of an Arts team is just that its slow but it gets the job done.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I'm doing some replays and converting them into videos. Some of them over ten minutes long.
Note to self, never play 8 player-smash on handheld mode unless you want to get your eyes strained.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

still doing dark brotherhood questline. also did that one quest in Burma where the guy murders his old companions but covers for it by saying they were vampires. a bit disappointing there weren't any actual vampires on the quest for me to contract the disease from (which is why i bothered doing said quest) but ah well. i do think the vampire in the brotherhood said he'll give it to me eventually tho and even if he doesnt do it by the end of the brotherhood quests im just gonna deck the dude in the face and hope he attacks/gives it to me then. last thing i did was the contract for the prisoner who said he was gonna fuck me at the beginning of the game. breaking back into prison via the route you use in the tutorial and stabbing the fucker was a really neat concept for a quest

Fate/Grand Order

I kind of had a feeling that 'good' Moriarty would return back to his original self once he was defeated. I think it was a pretty heartwarming ending, despite the whole betrayal thing. Moriarty is a fucking grand character but I can't justify throwing quartz at him when I already have too many ST Archers, what I need is AoE Archers. There is a noticeable story length difference between Nasu written chapters and other TM staff written chapters. I like having break bars, it adds some interesting twists to longer battles and also forces me to not just go full unga bunga buster boys.

Dragalia Lost

I threw a few tenfolds out, got Odetta and finally got Valiant Crown. I promoted Odetta, she's cute and I like her skillset. Swords are also real fun to use and Xander doesn't really have a good place for me to use him. She's a strong Poison Res. character, Odetta for Boss Fights and Julietta for Wave Battles.

I went ahead and spammed the solo Event quest to unlock the welfare character permanently and then promptly bench her permanently. I'll try get the EX Epithet before bed tonight but I might also just leave it until tomorrow. The dragon would have been really nice since my best offensive dragon right now is Lindworm and he's kind of a shitter. I also missed out on Cupid too.

deltarune chapter 1 (switch)

i played the demo for undertale once and didnt find it very engaging in terms of the combat system, so i was pleasantly surprised to find myself much more invested in this game. i think the mechanic of having multiple party members is a pretty big improvement over undertale, and makes the battles feel less like a slog (also the removal of random encounters is great)
i didnt expect to enjoy it much going in, but i actually really liked deltarune so i'll probably pick up the next chapter when it releases in 20 years

beatsaber (psvr)

i used to think that i was pretty good at this game
i just tried the expert+ beatmaps and it turns out that i actually suck at it lol

Fate/Grand Order

JP is going through the CCC re-run and they added Kingprotea. She's huge, like twice the size of the previous largest servant and her head doesn't even fit into the screen during battle. Lots of fanart of her saying gao. I'm looking forward to the original run to come to NA, I'm saving quartz and tickets for Melt but I'm already assuming I ain't getting shit. At least it'll be a nasu chapter.

Dragalia Lost

Already got the Epithet. Odetta has a Defense Debuff on her S1 and then her S2 is a Strength Buff, with a healing weapon skill. One-woman Army. The welfare dragon is actually pretty good since it's +Strength and the other ones are Juggernaut (bleh) and a limited one. He looks cool and also he wants to fuck a bunny girl but that's irrelevant. I'm still kind of sad I missed out on Lin You so here's hoping she spooks me in the near future.

Monster Hunter: World

did the quest where you save the scholar from whatever the fuck the mud monster is called

So... this is the part where the demo stops, unfortunately. Still, for what it had to offer so far, it really is a very promising fangame, and I love it and really recommend it for anyone looking for a free Fire Emblem they can play on a PC. Haven't finished all the trial maps yet, so I will be posting full thoughts on the game then.

Harken was a useful unit throughout the entire of this, and even landed the final blow on one of the most dangerous bosses in the game. Hassar also contributed a lot and even helped chip down that same boss's health from far away. Bennet turned out to be a monster and even promoted in the final map, and thus I was blessed with godly halberdier animations and performance. Fargus was a sole axe-user and as such was a saving grace for me since this game likes to spam lance users, and weapon triangle is super effective here. Uther started sucking towards the end, so did Marcus (who is, mind you, a fucking Jagen in the official games), Wallace sucked in the beginning but I promoted him and he became a fierce predator.

And Toni... I promoted her to Longbow-woman (How this game calls Snipers), and well... she basically started critting every enemy I put her up against, and I was like "Gee, girl, I need to feed my shitty units some kills!" Hadn't she crit the last boss, that guy would have probably killed someone. Thankfully, she did enough damage to put him in kill range of Bennet, who happened to be there. And thus that Halberdier animation was the last one I saw before I beat what has already been released of the game. God... Toni... she really deserves the title of my best unit. Ok, maybe I did baby her a little bit at first, but I mean, don't you always baby the units you love so that they can get good and make you proud? Besides, she only needed one map of babying, after that she guaranteed her spot on my favorite units list.

Well, what can I say? I am really looking forward to the completion of this project, and would gladly play that in its entirety. This certainly is a good first impression the series has done on me, even if what I experienced wasn't official material. I do know that the new FEs differ drastically from the GBA ones, which this game is based of off, but what I really loved was seeing your characters grow, support each other (Toni has some really sassy support conversations, I'll tell you that much), and most of all, the music and that feeling of accomplishment when you beat a map without resetting. Yeah I totally aced those last two maps.

Now if only I could figure out how to emulate the GBA games on my PC. That would be great. I'm officially in love with Elibe now.

Ever Oasis

managed to obtain some new weapons, though I've still got a long way to go before getting the ones I really want. The RNG of the labyrinths are a curse

Fate/Grand Order

I used up a lot of QP upgrading skills again, I went from 350m to 70m. I maxed out Archuria, Ruler Martha and maxed 2/3 skills on Raikou and Herc. I'd like to max Altera but hearts are way too rare for how many servants need them. I've finished up all the free quests for Shinjuku so I guess I'll go back to doing dailies until the next event. I might grail Herc once I get another Holy Grail but I'm thinking about saving them for a potential Melt.

7J9ra3b.png

Dragalia Lost

I think I've hit a cap with the facility stuff, the materials I need to continue upgrading don't come in fast enough for me to keep my smithwyrms doing stuff. I'm glad I decided to only buy 1 extra smithwyrm because I knew this would happen eventually. All my element teams are at 17k might now but nothing really requires might now. I see a lot of Odetta's in raid lobbies, I'm glad the masses have seen the light.

I thought about aiming for the 5000 gold emblem rewards but they honestly aren't worth it I don't think. People are upset about dragon fruit shortages but just like the facilities there will come a time when I really don't need those anymore so I'm not too worried about how slow it is to collect them.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I'm doing one hour battles more often.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii U)

Just got this off the Wii U eShop a couple hours ago. It's pretty fun so far, although I haven't done any multiplayer yet. So far, I've completed all five stages in Cookie Country with all 13 Energy Spheres. I also got a silver medal in the Sword Challenge. I played this game on Dolphin a little while back and I remember using some cheat to play as other characters, so I'm probably going to see if I can get that working on this version.

Splatoon 2 (Nintendo Switch)

Haven't touched the Octo Expansion DLC in a couple months so I figure it's about time I finished it up, it's definitely a harder beefier version of Octo Canyon and I'm loving it so far.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I tried online again. Ganondorf, Young Link, Dedede, Dedede again. I'll try again next month and see if things have improved or declined more. Also the longer the games been out I guess the less people are playing so the connections are just getting worse. I'll just stick to watching the game, Summit's coming up so that should be entertaining.

Dragalia Lost

I made a Void Bow for Sarisse so I could try Void Zephyr Strike, not many people seem to use the support characters for this battle so I never really have to leave rooms because someone has already taken my role. I beat it, it's not that hard but I'm also playing a Bow character so I just hang back and spam hits so I can charge my party buff for everyone. Even when I get dulled I can still provide that support.

I made 4* elemental weapons for every type/weapon combination so I'll never have to worry about that again.

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

I'm at the point where I've done like 20 floors of content which is almost as much as the main-game of a normal Etrian game, the skills I use and everything are pretty much set in stone so this is the hardest part of the game to get through just because they don't make the enemies more brutal until near the end so it's just easy mode until then even on Expert. Braindead skill usage for hours until enemies are able to do a lot of damage again.

Uncharted 3

Maybe I'm just getting more accustomed to the controls, but I feel this game is better than the second one. Physical combat is still QTE, but I think there's more buttons involved now. Still a bunch of button mashing, though. The environments are amazing and varied, even for a past generation console, though the level in France has some real harsh lighting that causes even the dappling look sunbleached, so it hurt my eyes. Unsure about the enemy variety, haven't played enough to say it's an improvement from Uncharted 2 (where the vast majority of the bad guys look the same, gray Serbian dudes). Story, while there's still an early flashback, you spend way less time in that flashback compared to Uncharted 2, though Uncharted 2 does have an interesting way of beginning the game.

Hope we get a fast-paced vehicle chase segments like in Uncharted 2, like taking down huge helicopters or also jumping between moving cars and then blowing up cars.

Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii U)

Played with my brother on his file. Raisin Ruins was...really cool. I especially liked the fourth stage, which has you holding a candle and finding your way through a dark maze. I was Dedede at first, and then I switched to Yellow Kirby. I later switched back to Dedede for Scope Shot, which may very well be the best Kirby sub-game of all time. Robo Dedede is super tough and we still haven't beaten him yet. But this game is really fun and I'm looking forward to playing more.

Fate/Extra CCC

I beat a floor, this game is significantly easier than og Fate/Extra and I could even do it without save states honestly. They're just like a backup to save time because they do give you a save and heal location before boss encounters. I still don't think I could play it without x2 speed though, the music is nice but you can only see the same Attack/Guard/Break animations so many times before you're over it. Not even Tamamo's cute voice can save it. x2 Speed does kind of make it hard to remember what attack pattern I used and what parts of it were unsuccessful. I should really beat this before the CCC event in fgo.

Back