What game did you last play?!?!?!?

I’ve been mario kart 64 in a competition, but I didn’t even get past the first round because I got stuck in a wall in Luigi Raceway!!!!! :/

Mario Kart 7

I pulled a Mankalor on 150cc Banana Cup. Bagged for the first two laps and then smuggled to the front. I'm pretty sure I pissed Bowser off when I passed him at the last second on DS Waluigi Pinball. I robbed him of having a spot in the top three by doing that.

Super Mario Party

Ok I finally bought this game. So me and my bros played on Whomp's Domino Ruins. I was Yoshi, Koops was Hammer Bro, my little brother was Mario and as a CPU we chose Rosalina (very hard). At first I was taking the lead until Koops passed me and he won the game. I changed my character after that game. I changed to Shy Guy. But we also had to change the CPU since I changed my character. This time we picked Monty Mole (Also very hard) and we did Mariothon (I won) then we did some free play.

Fate/Grand Order

Sudden realisation that this event is a ghosts and goblins reference, the title should have given it away. Ibaraki, Nitocris, Eli and Robin Hood, the dream team. It's really nice to have some form of story content again even if its filled with jokes. Even better that it's filled with jokes. It's been like nearly two months since an event with a narrative. 'it seems the excessive stress has... temporarily enhanced her intelligence' after eli's rant about the map design was gold.

Dragalia Lost

Looks like the next event needs Fire so I'm already prepared with Vanessa. Coins are my greatest bottle neck right now. I'm thinking that I will build up two characters for each element in the long run for different content. Nefaria is basically untouchable in Dragon Trials but Berserker is hand-made for Onslaughts. It'll give me something to work towards too and will make my mono-element teams stronger overall.

Making that many 4* elemental weapons would be super expensive though. I made the Wind Blade but I still need the Water Axe which is another 120k I need to shell out. I'm not even considering 5* elemental weapons considering their coin and material cost when the 4* elemental weapon is stronger than everything but the 5* elemental weapons.

Splice (PC)

This is a puzzle game with a very unique UI (user interface), since the menus are rather unconventional, like one of those futuristic ones where the menus are floating. Once you understand how to navigate the menus, then it's no problem.

In each puzzle, the DNA structure must match the lined structure, and to do that, parts of the DNA must be dragged to match the structure. It's like a tree, where you have to adjust the branches to form the intended "tree" that the puzzle wants you to make. Looking at the game might make you think this game's complicated, but it's in fact quite simple to play.

Certain puzzles allow the player to complete below the number of allowed moves, in which case the player gets an "Angelic" ranking, which means they managed to be efficient. Interestingly, while not every puzzle are generous in the move count, there is an achievement for getting every puzzle where it's possible to do so. I haven't beaten this game 100% yet, but in due time I will have done it.

Besides the creative UI, this game has wonderful piano tunes. Here's one sample:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8uvmgkk82M

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii)

I went through World 2, and collected every Power Star and Comet Medal available. I also went back to World 1 to do the Chimp Challenge there, and I beat his score by a significant margin.

Super Mario Party

So this time I went to King Bob-omb's Powderkeg Mine. Koops was literally OP there. He played as Bowser (I guess that's why he's never invited). I played as Boo and got no stars :(. But I think my favourite minigame in the game is Bumper Brawls. It's too fun!

What about Slaparazzi?

It's the one we actually made up a concept for between us and then BAM! Nintendo makes a minigame like that, all of a sudden.

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

What a way to celebrate a game's 1st anniversary. There are 39--yes, 39--special 8-bit sprites in the NDC festival, and I found them all. I also got a Cappy Hat in Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, and saw a neat little anniversary video. Happy birthday, Mario Odyssey!

Stella Glow

I forgot that the play coin missions were a little harder than usual, nearly would have had some problems if I didn't have Rusty. I also forgot that play coins existed.

Fate/Grand Order

man I knew Shuten's voice had to be some sort of asmr, I'm glad the game agrees with me on that. Eli learning not to treat everyone around her poorly, now this is the true meaning of christmas spirit. halloween. halloween spirit.

Lethal League BLAZE

It's actually just Blaze but I dunno, BLAZE sounds cooler.

Anyway, yeah I played it at a friend's house and we were all screaming. Probably the most fun with balls I ever had (shut up).

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS)

I have beaten the Gold Class in AI battles, and to my horror, it unlocks the Platinum Class (which is not hinted at), and I can tell that it's something I probably can't beat since its music difficulties are all Master Class, the toughest difficulty between Basic, Expert and Master. Sure the rewards are better, but Master music is tough. I only managed to scrape through against the #1 Gold Class opponent (who is Sephiroth, with the Jenova theme playing) because I gave them Judgment, the deadliest status in VS mode, and because of that, the opponent was KO'ed twice, giving me a point advantage. At least the rewards are much better even though they might be tough to beat.

Super Mario Party

I beaten more Master Challenge minigames up to World 3, but I am dreading about certain minigames like Pie Hard and Lit Potato since someone else mentioned that they are tough minigames to conquer. Luckily Strike It Rich is an early minigame because I had trouble nailing the timing for that one, though Fiddler on the Hoof is probably going to be another tough one.

Thank you for reading.

Dragalia Lost

when the might is juuuust right
N8cxgcD.png

They dropped a patch with a lot of nice improvements. Weapons and Dragons equipped to their proper affinity always gave a % stat boost but now it's calculated in might as well so it's a bit more accurate. You can also see friends' characters in more detail. Force Strikes are easier, auto doesn't ignore treasure, quick open for the castle, probably some other shit, etc.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I beat Guest Star mode once again, this time as King Triple D! It's starting to feel redundant playing the same game over and over again, but after I beat it once more as Meta Knight, I'll start using the DLC Dream Friends, which supposedly have a whole set of exclusive levels each! I see myself playing this a whole lot more in the coming months. Bring on Wave 3, Nintendo!

Pokemon Silver Version

I managed to get a run in the Bug Contest that let me get all 6 of the pokemon I needed for the dex from it, I even got a Scyther at full HP. and still lost. I only had two Park Balls left to use on that Scyther and still managed to get it so I won't complain. bless sleep powder.

And now I'm gambling, goal 5500 coins, 1/5 there already. do it for electrodes weak ass movepool.

Dragalia Lost

I figured I'd use the voucher for a final pull on Halloween, got two 5 stars. Characters finally, although I'd need to pump a week or two worth of resources into making one of them good enough to match what I have already. Wind is still my most lacking element but Musashi is holding it down.

Super Mario Party

We played through Kamek's Tantalizing Tower. It was personally my favourite board because of its originality and the fact that you can get multiple stars at once. But it wasn't as good as a 2v2 match! I also played one of those with Koops as my teammate. The fact that you can move any direction wherever you want is AWESOME! And I've only played Whomp's Domino Ruins in that mode.

Dragalia Lost

The getherwing update was a monkey paw, now that everyone has infinite chicken wings nobody wants to host. Although when you do eventually get a good group going you can do lots of rounds in a row together as long as the host has the stamina to burn.

I always forget to send a friend request to the people that stick around for all the rounds but it's a nice feeling when you see the ! on the friends list and find out they sent one to you anyway. or you send one and it appears to be rejected only to find out that it was just because they sent the request before you could.

Mario Kart 8 on Cemu

Runs pretty well aside from slow loading times and issues loading things in general. Mods work like a charm :)

Pokemon Silver Version

I was thinking about how after grinding the slots for 16500 coins last time I only ever got one 777 that wasn't a golem or a chansey or the slots malfunctioning; one that was just press a 3 times and it lined up. Then it happened just at that moment.

Dragalia Lost

New event, new showcase. 5* weren't enticing but Phoenix is on rate-up which is worth it on its own. 3 rolls, got her and the new 4* girl, no more. I also got another fucking Ifrit, number four. Just need one more. Raid Boss isn't hard, just that the AI never survives (again). I think I have the DPS to do the Extra but I don't really want to deal with NOPE all the time so I'll only do it through hosting until I can inflate my might to please them.

Puzzler World

I completed a bit over 35%, but I also realise that this game have separate sets of puzzles for each language. You see, when you first start the game, there are six flags to choose from, and two of them are UK and US. That means that UK and US have separate game files, and 100% in this game is larger than I thought. I doubt I could go through the French save file since I am not proficient in French.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Bros X

I finally beat the final boss of the New Great Castle Adventure Episode, but boy it was infuriatingly hard. I was down to 4 lives too, I was really stressful about my situation. But there was Banjo-Tooie's final boss theme in the background so I enjoyed that.

Now to the post game.

Dragalia Lost

Well turns out Extra wasn't even a problem, got the Epithet pretty early and I've slapped it on to avoid all Nope's that might come my way. So far it has been effective. I'm a third done despite using stamina/wings on dailies as well.

Level up refills are brutal now. Too many wings, too much stamina, too much co-op.

Back