What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Super Mario Party

And I like it a lot. It's so charming and brimming with cuteness. I think I prefer it over Star Rush in terms of minigames. I played with a friend first a team battle, which went very smoothy, and Waluigi and Wario floundered really badly.

The second battle was a regular Mario Party match (which I wasn't as enthusiastic about because I rarely play Mario Party in this manner) with the same players. I am happy to report that I won that match, and the bonus star secured my victory, but it helped that my friend flubbed a roll on the last turn and set off King Bob-Omb and he lost half his counts, and he *had* a coin lead. I'm also happy to report that Wario pretty much stayed last the entire match and didn't get a single Star, so it's hilarious seeing a very sad straight line for Wario's progress. I tried helping my friend out a few times such as snatching a star away from Waluigi so my friend could secure at least second and I also stole coins from Wario because I'm cruel that way.

lOay3ir.jpg

I haven't had the chance to play it with my sister as I intended it but there's always tomorrow.

Fate/Grand Order

The event has been pretty relaxed so far, I have all the shop CE's so I think I'll get started on the pop-up quests and hopefully I'll get the CE drops, they're only 1% chance so maybe I won't. I grinded pretty hard during the 3 week summer event and didn't get a single one so it's possible here. Except this is the last time they'll be available so it'll blow pretty hard not to get them.

Dragalia Lost

Finished the story. AI just eats shit unless they take less damage in which case they eat shit at a slightly slower pace. Shooting off a pre-preemptive force strike before engaging seems to increase their survivability. You can't convince me to do co-op and sit in a lobby for more than 10 seconds.

Costume Quest 2 (PC)

There are some changes that surprised me when I played this game, such as items not being reusable and the abilities are more easily reusable since the first game was quite easy due to them, except the final battle in the DLC (because it requires smart use of said abilities instead of spam). The game is overall not as easy as the first also because HP is not recovered between battles, but at the same time, I use a wider variety of items since every item have a 1-3 battle cooldown.

I feel like I am past the halfway point of the game, but with this game I am not sure if there's a twist that would prolong this game.

Thank you for reading.

Super Mario Party

Finished Challenge Road, and the last two worlds are mildly hard. And it gets even harder with the Master objectives.

So far, what I liked about this game is the animations.
And the in-game models are stunning. It's the MP10 model, with a matte finish.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Looking for these locations in these photos with literally ZERO other clues makes this quest really frustrating. I'm about to look up some guide on the Internet! I also found another shrine (yes, that annoying flower one), which gave me another Spirit Orb. I bought a Heart Container, giving me 5 hearts total.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

I finally earned the rest of the stars I needed in 150cc and Mirror, unlocking me the Gold Kart! I'm also racking up coins, and with just 400 left to collect, I'll finally have the 10,000 required coins for the Gold Glider! Before getting started on 200cc, I'm going to beat up those Staff Ghosts for the Gold Tires.

Mario Party 8 (Wii)

I started a Star Battle and played the first two battles. The first round was against Blooper, who made a bunch of really dumb moves. At one point, he used Weeglee Candy to steal my Cashzap Candy...and took the opposite route of what I took. Another time, he attacked me with Bowlo Candy to steal my coins...except I was completely broke and had nothing to steal. At least Boo (in Battle 2) was much more intelligent.

Mario Party 10 (Wii U)

Bowser Challenge is awesome, and for the past few days, I've been playing daily to set new records. On Friday, I set my overall best score at 155 hearts. I also had a blast with Jewel Drop, which is easily one of the best puzzle games ever made. I also tried the 3DS version of that minigame from Top 100...but after playing both consecutively, I can safely say that the Wii U version is better by far. I also played some Bowser Party with my brother, in which he was Bowser and I was Yoshi.

I played several other games over the weekend like Mario Party 9 and Ultra Smash, but I didn't do anything very noteworthy in those games.

Bravely Second

waaay better than the first game after chapter 4 the first game places you in a timeloop that puts the second season of haruhi suzumiya to shame

to sum bravely second up the main antagonist the kaiser is like travel through space and time fuck the timeline after obtaining a magic compass

Ghostly Yoshi said:

Looking for these locations in these photos with literally ZERO other clues makes this quest really frustrating. I'm about to look up some guide on the Internet! I also found another shrine (yes, that annoying flower one), which gave me another Spirit Orb. I bought a Heart Container, giving me 5 hearts total.
There is a guy who helps you find the memories. He is a Sheikah-looking guy who can be found painting with an easel. He shows up in several places, and I think Kakariko Village is one of them. Also, you only need to get one memory to clear the objective that Impa first gives you. The rest will be necessary for a later objective that I'd recommend finishing much later in the game (though it still isn't required to beat the game, as with most of BOTW's objectives).

Czario said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:

There is a guy who helps you find the memories. He is a Sheikah-looking guy who can be found painting with an easel. He shows up in several places, and I think Kakariko Village is one of them. Also, you only need to get one memory to clear the objective that Impa first gives you. The rest will be necessary for a later objective that I'd recommend finishing much later in the game (though it still isn't required to beat the game, as with most of BOTW's objectives).
I think I might have found him in some stable. But he said he was going to investigate some Great Fairy Fountain near Kakariko Village. I went looking for this myself; no luck.

Super Mario Party

Princess Mario said:
we had a subpar experience with Wario and DK

it's just mario party, calm down babyluigionfire

Dragalia Lost

Smithy upgraded, now I just need money to upgrade things. Dark team is pretty solid besides mana circles but there's no way to get mana easily so fuck it, I'll try start up a fire team. I still don't really feel like giving the raid a shot, there's better things to do with my stamina this early on and a lottery isn't one of them.

Costume Quest 2 (PC)

I feel like I am at the home stretch for this game's completion, if it is similar to the first game's formula. What remains to be seen is how long the rest of the game will be, and I feel that my next playthrough will complete the game.

Also, there is an unexpected cameo in this game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgABUhUW7uw
(In case you aren't aware, PuppyCat actually make music-like sounds in the show)

Thank you for reading.

Ghostly Yoshi said:
Czario said:
Ghostly Yoshi said:

I think I might have found him in some stable. But he said he was going to investigate some Great Fairy Fountain near Kakariko Village. I went looking for this myself; no luck.
I think you have to show him a picture of the Fairy Fountain before he helps with the memories. The Fairy Fountain is pretty close to Kakariko Village, so you'll have to look around for it. I won't tell you where exactly it is though, as that would be too easy. ;)

Smiley The Hun said:
Bravely Second

waaay better than the first game after chapter 4 the first game places you in a timeloop that puts the second season of haruhi suzumiya to shame

to sum bravely second up the main antagonist the kaiser is like travel through space and time fuck the timeline after obtaining a magic compass
its a shame bravely second wasnt as well received as default despite being better in every way
well except for the actual bravely second gameplay mechanic i guess lol

Fate/Grand Order

The shop for this event is so small, no wonder it was so hard to get shit upgraded early in the games life span when they didn't give you a lot of options on what you were allowed to upgrade. Coming off the lottery event though it's a nice break.

Dragalia Lost

I managed to power level all the way to Lv42 so now I have 6 hours of stamina. I'm gonna do the raid until I have all the free wyrmprint copies, I got 1 Pele but I won't actively aim for all of her. Dragon Trials on Expert are practically only doable with co-op, dark dragon has a bunch of ohko attacks that the AI will never dodge.

I made decent teams for each element (Might 6000~ for Fire/Water, 5000~ for Wind/Light). I'm pretty much just bottlenecked by Mana but that'll come with time. I'll try get Nefaria to Lv80 for co-op stuff eventually, she's Lv55 for now.

Mario Party 8 (Wii)

I finished my Star Battle from yesterday, and won a year's supply of candy! I also attempted Test for the Best again, and received a rank of Veteran (my highest rank is Stratosuperior). After that, I just played a bunch of minigames in the Free Play Arcade.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U)

Getting back to this game, I completed the Bonus Objective for all the rest of the Episode 3 levels...except for the final one. I'll try that again next time. Turns out I'm closer to 100% than I thought.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (3DS)

After going back miles to the nearest Shell Hutch to get some mushrooms, I returned to Dozing Sands to find the third Gatekeeper Pi'illo. After that, Torkscrew took the fourth one and I had to play some minigame to get it back. After that, I saved at the save block next to the four statues.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)

Needed to kill some time while waiting on a order at a restaurant.

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES Classic)

Completed the Forest Maze, adding Geno to my party, and increasing my star count to 2.

Smiley The Hun said:
Bravely Second

to sum bravely second up the main antagonist the kaiser is like travel through space and time *bleep* the timeline after obtaining a magic compass

It's great to see that others are also enjoying Bravely Second! I like how improved the battle experience is, since grinding has never been quite convenient with the extra stuff they did. Going back to the first game might be a bit cumbersome although the first game indeed have better music.

Thank you for reading.

Dragalia Lost

I got to 8200 might and tried the Expert onslaughts, shits hard. I didn't have to waste any time on the raid because I got lucky on the lottery. I'm 3/5 of the way to a Tier 3 4* shadow bow. I pulled Ryozen and Irfan just before so now my Light team actually has a good frame ignoring low levels and no mana investment. My wind team is probably the most lacking now in both characters and dragons, Musashi is still cool but the others are practically placeholders.

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Wii U)

Finished the Polar Knight boss fight, and also bought all the available bomb upgrades. I think Plague Knight has an easier time with bosses because his bombs are very versatile. Now I am wondering how the extra coins are going to be used. Also for my extra jumping skill, I never let go of the floating jump because it's incredibly useful!

Super Mario Party

I started this game by messing around with a few minigames, including making Luigi lose by doing absolutely nothing, playing a Team Minigame and even play through the Whomp board with Bowser, Rosalina and Shy Guy (I used Waluigi). In this game I managed to recruit Mario, Bowser Jr. and even Koopa Troopa, which is an almost perfect team since I wanted Daisy instead of Junior. On the penultimate turn, I wanted to save my Golden Pipe for the last turn, but unfortunately I rolled one short, which landed me on a Buddy Space. Still managed to secure 2 stars on the last turn as I had to consume the Golden Pipe to land 1 space ahead of where I ended up at. In that game, Waluigi got 6 Stars (5 are bought + 1 bonus), while Shy Ghy had 2 (1 bought + 1 bonus). Bowser and Rosalina had none, but they have one partner each, being Monty Mole and Peach respectively.

Thank you for reading.

I finally found one of the 12 locations in the photos! I saw some cutscenes where Link recalled memories of Ganon rising and all these "champions" preparing to stop him. I even mistook one of the champions for Falco from Star Fox at first! After that, I reported my progress to Impa, then started my journey to the easternmost Divine Beast.

Fate/Grand Order

Finished all the surprise quests, no CE drops. Panic mode. I might need to burn some apples to at least try for Halloween Princess. The other one is increased healing received so I don't really need it, it's also cheaper to aim for HP since I only need one copy to max it and it's a 30AP mission. I'll give up if it doesn't happen after a few apples, the drop rate is real low.

Dragalia Lost
mi se te yo

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows (Wii U)

Completed the Propeller Knight and Tinker Knight boss stages, and while I did Tinker Knight second, I am surprised that that stage is more difficult than I expected. I currently have 360/420 coins, so I presume the rest are found in the final stages.

One thing I forgot to mention here is that Plague Knight have a dancing move (hold "down") but if Mona is present, he's not going to budge. Nice touch there.

Super Mario Party

I continue my game with the King Bob-omb board, where I used Koopa Troopa, while Mario, Yoshi and Wario were present, as a nod to the most-viewed Mario video, the Mario Party 9 minigame one, since every minigame used the exact same characters. I did not expect to be on my toes, unlike the previous Whomp board where I was dominating the whole level. It didn't help that I was unlucky in the first few turns, since I got Shy Guy early, but his Dice Block landed on "0" for I think three times already, which was discouraging. Later on I got Peach and then Waluigi, so I got a full team on this board too. I also managed to get the "predicted winner" bonus, which means I got the Custom Dice Block, but I didn't find a time to use it. Still, I managed to get first place in the end, and got at least a Buddy Star due to Peach in my party.

Next board is the Blooper board, where I used Daisy, with CPUs being Goomba, Boo and Hammer Bro., since I haven't unlock their Dice info yet. This board also got me on my toes because I was chasing the Star throughout the board but never got to reach them at all. It's no thanks to the lucky Goomba that managed to stay ahead of the curve. The only Star I managed to get is the one I stole from the first place Goomba. When it's time for Bonus Stars, I thought I could have won (since there is a 2-star difference between me and Goomba). Good news is that I got both Bonus Stars, but bad news is that one of them is shared between Goomba and I, making Goomba the winner.

So I played the Blooper board with a better understanding of the board, where while it's still not dominating to any one character, at least I am not trailing behind like last time. This time though, I took advantage of the item shop on the bottom-left and grab a Star Pipe, and while I was there Wario was recruited, which would be instrumental to my finest play on the last turn. You see, on the last turn, I was at the top-right island, and I was 10 spaces away from the Event Space, so I used a Golden Mushroom, Daisy's near-consistent Dice Block and a buddy's Dice Block to land myself exactly on the Even Space to nab a Star. Wario technically helped because I used his Dice Block to land myself on the spot needed to make that play. This time though, I won, thanks to getting the Eventful Star, but I won't say it was definite since Goomba got the Buddy Star (he got Bowser Jr.). Still, an exciting second chance!

Thank you for reading.

Dragalia Lost

I hit 9500 Might inadvertently from getting Ryozen ready, I also hit Facility Level 200 but I don't have the fire orbs to upgrade at the moment, I do have one weapon ready to go once I do have the upgraded smithy.

The Zodiark trial is hard because a lot of people just get one-shotted. I can't blame them because it happened to me a few times when I was first learning + the other dragon trials are significantly easier to beat. It does feel good to carry sometimes. Good players will beat it irregardless of what element they use or how much might they have which is nice. It's just hard to gauge how good a group will be until 30 seconds have passed and seeing whether they've all died yet.

Expert onslaughts are buggy as hell, they've said they'll fix it so I'm assuming it'll come with the halloween event.

Back