What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Puzzler World

Almost reaching 70% of Challenge levels, and I beaten more Sudoku puzzles because they tend to take the longest. Crossword will be the next thing.

Pixel Puzzle Collection

This is a mobile game that is basically Picross, but with Konami characters and items as the pixel images. Really cool game because it's basically free and doesn't have stringent limitations, unlike Pokemon Picross. For your information, in that game every pixel chiseled is based on an energy gauge, which might make certain puzzles unsolvable because there isn't enough energy to finish the picture. Sure the puzzles are randomly picked, but this is the better alternative, since it keeps things interesting.

Kirby of the Stars said:
Team Kirby Clash Deluxe (3DS)

I finally beat Landia, and then I beat Taranza. After that, a new wave of bosses with the Tougher rank started appearing. I beat Gigant Edge, Blocky, and Mr. Frosty on Tougher rank. I also attempted Tougher King Doo, but haven't beaten him yet. My level has also been going up very quickly; I am now level 27.

If anyone else is still playing this game, I'd like to tell you that, for a limited time, you can enter the password MAGOLOR in the Shrine of Passwords to get a Rare Fragment and 10 Gem Apples. The password KIRBYBIRTHDAY is also still valid (I think), so you can enter that in the Shrine of Passwords to get a lot of fragments.

Ah... I remember beating this game without paying money, and it was a while before I actually beaten it because with only 5 Gem Apples per 8 hours it was a grind. Thankfully I have a few awesome allies who have the best equipment, which I used to my advantage. I bought the best Beam gear when I was able to because its ability also freezes the timer which is incredibly useful for everyone involved, not to mention how powerful it can be, and with 2 Beam members (which I can even select myself if I bought it) I can beat battles in a short time. That is why I managed to Platinum all of the bosses despite being cheap (as in, not paying a cent) with this game, even when playing the toughest battles.

Thank you for reading.

Dragalia Lost

This event makes me miss the Halloween rapping.

I'm at 400k/1m so I'll be done a few days before the event is over, I've been using some stamina on dailies since I can afford to. I appreciate making the wave battle 20 stamina, I really have a rough time trying to burn all of it especially now that I'm getting close to the 100 cap. I got the epithet already, I finished on exactly 100 seconds.

I've pretty much made 4 star weapons + gotten to 40 Mana Circles for the 8 characters I like so I'm gonna start building up 5 star weapons and upgrading to 45 Mana Circles. Co-abilities cost Eldwater to upgrade, I don't have enough of that shit.

DeltaRune

So...

I beat the Jevil, bow down, inferiors.

With that done, I guess I can give some thoughts on the game so far, seeing as I completed the first chapter.

First off, the plot is pretty relaxing. Not too complicated, but it still has some twists here and there. And the characters have nice dynamics, especially when it comes to the party.

Then, there's the music. It's soothing. The battle music never gets stale, the forest's theme is really a breeze to listen to while solving puzzles, and Lancer's theme>Megalovania, just sayin'.

Finally, the characters. Some characters like Susie, who had the best character arc yet, Ralsei, the most innocent fluffy boi and I love him, and Lancer are very well written and were a joy to see on screen. Even Kris, the silent protagonist, has plenty of expressions himself (especially if you compare him to Frisk) and I love it. Some characters though, like Berdly, who is basically Falco translated into the UnderTale universe, Jevil, whose boss fight I personally really enjoyed even if frustrating, the UnderTale-originating characters and Noelle most importantly, who really is a very likeable character who can warm your heart the second she starts talking, felt like they had a lot of potential, but you know, it's still chapter 1, so we might see some more of them in the future. So far, it's a pretty fun game, and I am honestly hyped for Chapter 2.

Shining Resonance Refrain

These low budget jrpgs are like a guilty pleasure. It's nothing special, it looks like an early ps3 game but I think it's a port of an early ps3 game so that would make sense. MC looks like a dweeb so I'm not using him, which I guess means I miss out on some special mechanics that I don't care about. It is pretty Tales-esque, just even less polished.

Fate/Grand Order

Finally got the welfare so now I can start lottery grinding for real, I only have today to do it though and I need about 2.5k more. I don't know how I convinced myself to grind up 30k petals for the last lottery. This shit takes forever. At least I've got a fuck ton of EXP again.

Dragalia Lost

700k/1m points, It's getting close. I've got the Twinkling Sand at least so if I feel like giving up at this point I can. I'd like to start using my Stamina on ruins again so hopefully I'll be done soon. I just pray that I don't get another level up right before bed or something.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Training up for when I get Smash Ultimate. I played with my cousins on Sunday (they play it a lot more since they don't have a Switch yet) and they're the only ones who can beat me as Wario. 8) Came in second most of the time though. It was really hard because there were five of us all looking at the Gamepad (it's a long story).

Metroid: Samus Returns (Nintendo 3DS)

Deleted my original save file from January since I dropped the game pretty early so I could get to Superstar Saga DX as soon as possible, but now that I finally have some time for 'ol Samus I figured that I would start a new game. Currently a hour in and already I've already got the Morph Ball, Bombs, Spider Ball and Ice Beam.

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I don't know how many times Soul Melter has literally melted my soul, but I finally managed to beat it in single player! I was Kirby, and my allies were Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee. This time I decided to grab the Ice ability during the Kracko battle, and it worked so more better than Artist.

Void Termina was easily the hardest of the bunch, and over half the times I died were to him. I never got the hang of the spin-dodge move of the Star Allies Sparkler, as I couldn't use it while shooting stars. And when I finally learned to stop shooting when I wanted to dodge, there was still Void Soul, who would stop at nothing to turn my allies against me.

I know I said I would do it without allies... but after this, I've decided not to do it anytime soon!

I've been using Sonia but melee characters seem to be at a disadvantage in this game because they don't really have tanky HP but are always in the road of every attack. She's supposed to be a tank I think, she has taunt stuff but her and the MC still die instantly when used by the AI. At least the healer is always alive, I swapped to Rinna because she has 5 bajillion MP and has AoE stuff that shreds everything.

and then they remove both the characters I've been using thAnkS.

Dragalia Lost

Finished with the event, cleared all the point rewards+maxed the facility, guess I go back to Ruins and Onslaughts again. As long as someones actually hosting Onslaughts which means never because who would waste their stamina. I'm back to needing Granite again even though I had like 300 of them a little while ago.

Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

I don't think any other game has given me the pleasure of doing nothing to the extent that this game has. I literally spent half an hour jumping around Peach's Castle as Yoshi. Unfortunately, it seems that no one wants to talk to Yoshis, as the NPCs won't say anything when I control him. I found all six Hint Arts currently visible in the news feed, but for some reason doing nothing at Peach's Castle was a highlight. Maybe I just like being Yoshi; he really should have been used more imo.

Fate/Grand Order

damn these QoL changes are amazing. I never knew I wanted them but I love them. Well actually I definitely knew I wanted fast lottery rolling and I'm glad I waited until after the update to spend my stockings. Messages! I mean I have nothing to say but it's great for when people are taking a break because of reasons or just want to write something. I already got spotted by a reddit user. Nice Coat.

NA team is on fire right now and it looks like they're putting more effort into the NA-specific stuff like Thanksgiving. Also I got Scathach, nice. Bless the scaturkey of good luck.

I was wondering if this game was only going to give you waifu party members at this rate but the dudebro made his apperance. I'm considering swapping down to Casual difficulty just because the melee AI is so insufferably bad. Bosses are just HP sponges too to the point where it's actually like 8 minutes of spamming the same shit over and over because it's just a test of my patience rather than difficulty.

The Random generated dungeon stuff has made its appearance, a classic move to extend the gametime without putting any effort into making properly crafted dungeons.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

I beat up Mr. Krabs. It was funny.

I earned 10,000 coins from Balloon World (which took about an hour) to buy the 8-bit Mario Cap. My thoughts:

Kirby of the Stars said:
The 8-bit Mario Cap is very broken and clearly unfinished. He has no animations at all, won't change outfits, has feet that constantly clip through the ground, and won't even please the Toad in Peach's Castle who wants to see a "blocky Mario". It was cool at first, but I can't believe I spent 10,000 coins on this ripoff. What a waste.

Kirby of the Stars said:

I earned 10,000 coins from Balloon World (which took about an hour) to buy the 8-bit Mario Cap. My thoughts:

Kirby of the Stars said:
The 8-bit Mario Cap is very broken and clearly unfinished. He has no animations at all, won't change outfits, has feet that constantly clip through the ground, and won't even please the Toad in Peach's Castle who wants to see a "blocky Mario". It was cool at first, but I can't believe I spent 10,000 coins on this ripoff. What a waste.

Tbh I kinda thought it was supposed to be a joke costume since he's waddling around constantly stuck in his jump pose, it was kinda humorous for a little bit. Although I do agree that it would've been better if he had proper running/climbing/throwing/ect. animations. (Also that Toad wanted to see a "Polygonal Mario".)

Preemptively I already had 9999 coins from my previous farming session with Luigi's Balloon World, but I think it should've been worth 1500 coins instead.

Puyo Puyo eSports

So I got this game for 500 yen, which is pretty cheap. However the price will return to 2000 yen by December, which means I have to get this game before the time is up. That involves opening a Japanese account which is a little cumbersome but I got the job done. Of course the game is entirely in Japanese, but it also has Fever mode, which is a super-annoying exclusion in Puyo Puyo Tetris.

When I played against the CPUs, I am surprised by how easy most of the characters are. Some are somewhat challenging like Schezo, Rulue and Carbuncle, but beating them one-on-one is not too tough. The only tough challenger is Dark Prince, who is clearly a league above other characters, including the Quest characters who substituted tough characters. I do wish they retained more of the older cast like Ocean Prince and Oshare Bones, but I suppose it's serviceable. The game is clearly made for online, because the presentation is simple and there's even a lack of single player endless modes.

The game does have one of the best selection of music tracks, since they included tracks throughout the series plus added remixes, and it's a long time that this theme appeared.

Thank you for reading.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

Finally getting back to this game while waiting for the Kirby DLC to hit. I went to Zora's Domain and freed Divine Beast Vah Ruta. I had to fight some Waterblight Ganon, and he was really tough...or I'm just super underpowered. I also unlocked Mipha's Grace, so maybe that will make me a bit stronger. Before going after another Divine Beast, I'm gonna go locate the Master Sword. I'm not entering another dungeon without it.

If Vah Ruta is your first Divine Beast and WaterBlight Ganon was tough, then you have a long ways to get your Master Sword. Good luck.

Dragalia Lost

I did a Shadow Onslaught where someone died instantly and quit and then the other two died near the end and didn't quit out on me so I could finish it. I wouldn't blame them if they did since the boss still had 20% health and there was two waves of reinforcements still on the field but I finished it with 25/1900 hp and a few seconds left so I was feeling pretty good about myself. Fuck you first guy that quit out, you didn't get to enjoy crackins top 10 comebacks of 2019 and also you probably had to wait 15 minutes to find another host.

I used up a ton of honey pots to grind Granite the other day, my Wind Altars are maxed now but I have lots of wind orbs leftover. Only 300 granite to show for it. I hope they'll add material trading soon.

Red Dead Redemption

I like running over cacti while driving a coach.

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

I beat the last four remaining Staff Ghosts, which were all in the Special Cup. The final boss was none other than...Pink Gold Peach! I laughed so hard when I found out that it wasn't Rosalina for once. I unlocked the Gold Tires, which means I now have the entire gold set! All I have left to do is to win a Grand Prix as every character, and then I will have completed (mostly) 100% of the base game. I never thought I would see the day...

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

I explored Hyrule Castle a bit and uncovered a bunch of weapons. I then went to Purah and had her upgrade my Shiekah Sensor and Remote Bomb. After that, I ventured into the Great Hyrule Forest and found the Lost Woods...and man, I definitely got lost in there countless times. I was so happy when I finally reached the Korok Forest. Better yet, I found the Master Sword there! But when I tried to pull it out, I found that I didn't have enough hearts. I read that you need a total of 13 hearts to pull out the sword, and I only have 8, so I've got some work to do.

Dragalia Lost

I rolled some duplicate four stars instead of someone new but it did give me enough Eldwater to promote Musashi to 5*. Next up will be Karina whenever that happens.

Runner3 (Switch)

Recently bought this game when it was at 66% discount, and since it's a game I can see myself playing occasionally, it's a good fit for Switch despite the cheaper price on Steam. I am still in the first world attempting to get everything, since unlockable characters require certain collectibles. It's also probably going to be the toughest Runner game, even coming from Runner 2.

There are two things I noticed that are new moves in this game: double-jump and jump cancel. The former allows the player to jump in air which is usually useful, while the latter allows the player to stomp and just keep running. The game also allow the player to switch lanes if able, and added some rides like riding a plane and a trolley, which makes the game a bit more complex. Much like the previous games, the soundtrack is really good. This is my favourite so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T5yL05QucE

I am loving this game so far, so I can't wait to see how it goes on till the end!

Thank you for reading.

Back