What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest

Thanks, Netflix. So far, it's nowhere near as bad or as frustrating as it's been described over the years. Even excluding how it's objectively easier for me because I can use restore points instead of the password system, I've noticed that what I'm supposed to do can either be inferred from hints (not just from townspeople, some of whom do lie) but from books (which don't lie). Some of these answer the question, "How the hell is anyone supposed to figure that out?" Granted, some are more direct than others, but you're more or less given access to items as needed, since they're used to reach and explore new areas. This makes the game more linear than it seems at the outset. As for the day/night mechanic, it's not really that frequent, and unless you're in dire need of health, the night's easy enough to endure, and the bonus hearts are worth it. If grinding's an issue, it can easily be done in the mansions, where in-game time does not progress.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Reached the part where I need to go to Colony 6.

I have reached the part where Juju is kidnapped by a Metal Face that talks, and based on a dream by Sharla, the Metal Face might possibly be based on Gadolt (just a guess!). It's amusing to hear robots with a British accent, I must say.

Of all the playable cast in this game, I expected Sharla the least. I mean, it is only when I did a Google search on Sharla that I only found out that she is playable. I know the other 6 playable cast, mainly due to them being brought up more often so I guess Sharla is the least popular of the 7 main characters? Nevertheless, I am digging the combo of Sharla, Reyn and Shulk, because this chain can reliably cast Daze on an enemy (Break -> Topple -> Daze).

I am kind of getting used to the precognition mechanic, but it's a bit of a pity that it's only available if Shulk's the main character, though not surprising since he is the one with the Monado.

There are several Heart-to-Heart scenes that I cannot access besides the first one, and I wonder at which point are them most accessible. The closest one I could access is the Refugee area for Colony 6, which requires a high Affinity between Reyn and Sharla.

Due to Colony 6 being in refuge, I wonder how many Timed Quests I have to do before they are not available anymore. Need to loop up on a guide for those. I presume that when Colony 6 is liberated, then those Timed Quests will not be available anymore.

Thank you for reading.

Mario Kart 8. Lakitu + Pipe Frame + Standard Wheels + Standard Glider

Online is intense sometimes. I also love playing dirty, slowing down with triple bananas so people behind you hit them. Stopping before the finish line in first place and right as soon as someone comes up drive right through to still hold first.

Wii Play

I've unironically loved this game for the longest time. I'm also amazing at Find Mii.

Legend of Zelda: BotW.

My Wii is sorta malfunctioning so I don't have any other game to play currently than this and MK8D. Also climbed on the top of Hyrule castle for no reason at all.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

Completed more quests as they come along, but some of the quests seem like they have to be done later because the monsters surrounding the area have a pretty high level. As I have learned, higher levelled monsters tend to have stronger defences, so I can't even scratch them! Amusingly one of the quests in Bionis' Leg requires sneaking past high-levelled monsters to get the items, and one of the quests is best done at night because a strong bird monster is blocking the way.

Going back to the story, I have gotten into Colony 6's mining passageway, and meeting a previously-seen character who look like he will sacrifice himself and fall into the ether?

Thank you for reading.

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

It's Castlevania except (potentially) harder. It's also less linear.

I'll have to replay this to see how Sypha and Grant are. I've only really used Alucard to fly over shit.

Banjo-Tooie

I've got all the Jiggies in Grunty Industries, so all I have left to get in GI is a Jinjo and 2 Cheato Pages.

Also, I've found the glide ability in Hailfire Peaks, so I've unlocked all the abilities in the game.

Mario4Ever said:
Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

It's Castlevania except (potentially) harder. It's also less linear.

I'll have to replay this to see how Sypha and Grant are. I've only really used Alucard to fly over shit.
Rondo of Blood is much easier. I was playing as Maria Renard.

Paper Mario TTYD, not that surprising haha.

I beat the game again just recently. On my save file the final play time is 24:11 and Mario's at lvl 26. I got the Shadow Queen on my second try... crazy how I managed to superguard her super powerful attack that does 14 damage.

Splatoon 2

Single Player is looking good so far. The only level I don't like so far is level 6, because of the forced use of my least favourite weapon.

Super Mario 64

Played around with some texture hacking while I was at it.

I beat Dracula's Curse. Trevor was surprisingly useless against Dracula (because I died and lost hearts, the axe, and the triple-shot), so for the first time, Vlad lost to someone who isn't a Belmont.

Pwwnd123 said:
Rondo of Blood is much easier. I was playing as Maria Renard.

I'll most likely play that next month.

Left 4 Dead 2

I punched Wario. Many times. He exploded.

Back