What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch)

It's a dream come true to finally play this version of Puyo Puyo! The game is very engaging due to the way matches are handled, and I am mainly attempting to better myself with Tetris, since I have never been a serious Tetris battler. I feel like I am getting somewhere, since I can do a few simple T-spin setups, and I once got a 9-combo, which is something I don't normally manage to get. The 4-wide is still something I need to be able to do.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I have gotten a bit more quests down, and reached the part where Shulk and Reyn goes to a cave to meet Fiora there. I wonder what awaits the three there. The battle systems takes a bit of getting used to with 2 people, what with the B button having some morale boost. With 3 people, I feel that it might get more complex.

Kirby Clash Deluxe

It surprised me that this is a Free to Start game, and at this point I am considering giving a small fee for more apples. Seriously, unlocking stuff is getting more expensive! I managed to get to the Tough 2 set of stages (the 4th one) without spending money, and having a Level 47 Adventurer helps a ton.

Thank you for reading.

Ever Oasis

woah holy shit this place got big

they made fast travel useful, it's almost like they knew what i was complaining about before i complained about it

i wonder how many other neat upgrades are still hiding in this thing, they just keep adding new functions, i kinda want to see what it's like at 100%

Ratchet and clank going commando. About the buy the crash trilogy for PS4

Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Project M (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)

Had a great run-through of all Super Smash Bros. games today, with maybe the exception being the 3DS version. I haven't played Smash 4 today, though, despite playing it nearly every other day of the week.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Halfway through 150cc, I've just got to finish the Lightning cup and the DLC cups.

Yooka-Laylee

Opened the second world, and figured out a few tricks in Hivory Towers to go past areas that require abilities I don't have.

World of Warcraft. Sadly, my computer is a potato, and I was playing at the playable stage of the download, and my computer isn't capable of running it.

Azure Striker Gunvolt

man getting s rank is one of those things that takes a lot of time i guess

in hindsight i probably spent 2 hours trying to get it in subaquatic base and that didn't even include the boss fight which i chickened out on

also probably doesn't help that i've lost all my memory on how to play for kudos

Puyo Puyo Tetris (Switch)

Gotten 22 straight wins in Big Bang, by that time which I got bored due to the opponents being pretty easy (and that mode being the most time consuming). Also continued with the Adventure, reaching Chapter 7 while getting 3-stars in every level so far. The hardest is Ringo vs Ecolo, which requires a strict time limit, and the opponent is also pretty tough. Had to do two Triple T-spins (which is very, very difficult to set up) and a Tetris back-to-back to send enough garbage quickly.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

I have reached Gaur Plains, also known as the most iconic Xenoblade Chronicles 1 location. Due to the point of time in which I reached this place, I put certain thoughts in spoilers.

Looks like Fiora's out of the picture early on, but I know for sure she will return because Project X Zone 2 has her as playable (along KOSMOS), and wearing some armour. Moreover, her relatively low stats is probably not a coincidence. How that happens is still unclear to me.

Some of the quests drove me crazy that I have to look up a guide online. Biscuits for a Grandson was pretty cryptic due to the characters being found at different times of the day. Also, all those Timed Quests in the refugee camp in Gaur Plains might mean I have to get them all before they are gone for good.

What I do like is the ability for the character to look into the future or to have some flashbacks and flash-forwards. I don't quite understand how the ability to see into the future works in battles, though.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
What I do like is the ability for the character to look into the future or to have some flashbacks and flash-forwards. I don't quite understand how the ability to see into the future works in battles, though.

Thank you for reading.
my memory on the in-battle stuff is a little hazy but maybe i can explain it a bit, this is all knowledge from the wii version though.
Basically once you see the vision of an attack it will give you ample time to react to it (indicated somewhere on the screen under the attack name). There's two types of visions; Normal Visions and Roman Numeral Visions.

Normal Visions usually show a regular attack (no numeral) killing a party member; your options are to kill the enemy before it happens, heal enough HP to be able to survive the hit, hit it with effects like topple/break/etc. or go to a party member and have them use a specific skill to try and 'change the future'. Common examples are using Light Heal to restore enough health, making Reyn use a skill to draw the attack to him and therefore saving the party member that would have been hit, etc.

Roman Numeral Visions are special in that they can only be blocked with the Monado Shield Art, and the Shield Art's Level must have a higher or equal roman numeral to what you're blocking. They're also usually stronger than the average attack so it's best to use Monado Shield. I believe this can be countered in similar ways as Normal Visions but bosses and unique enemies do these and are sometimes immune to topple/break/etc. so you really want to make sure you upgrade your shield art. e.g Shield II can block Attack I & Attack II but cannot block Attack III or higher.

It's effectively just a mechanic that gives you the chance to cheat death. Monado Shield is useless against attacks that don't have the Roman Numeral on the end.

Sara Valestein said:
my memory on the in-battle stuff is a little hazy but maybe i can explain it a bit, this is all knowledge from the wii version though.
Basically once you see the vision of an attack it will give you ample time to react to it (indicated somewhere on the screen under the attack name). There's two types of visions; Normal Visions and Roman Numeral Visions.

Normal Visions usually show a regular attack (no numeral) killing a party member; your options are to kill the enemy before it happens, heal enough HP to be able to survive the hit, hit it with effects like topple/break/etc. or go to a party member and have them use a specific skill to try and 'change the future'. Common examples are using Light Heal to restore enough health, making Reyn use a skill to draw the attack to him and therefore saving the party member that would have been hit, etc.

Roman Numeral Visions are special in that they can only be blocked with the Monado Shield Art, and the Shield Art's Level must have a higher or equal roman numeral to what you're blocking. They're also usually stronger than the average attack so it's best to use Monado Shield. I believe this can be countered in similar ways as Normal Visions but bosses and unique enemies do these and are sometimes immune to topple/break/etc. so you really want to make sure you upgrade your shield art. e.g Shield II can block Attack I & Attack II but cannot block Attack III or higher.

It's effectively just a mechanic that gives you the chance to cheat death. Monado Shield is useless against attacks that don't have the Roman Numeral on the end.

Do you have much time in reacting to this attack? Sometimes I could panic on the sudden appearance of the warning.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Do you have much time in reacting to this attack? Sometimes I could panic on the sudden appearance of the warning.

Thank you for reading.
There should always be a bar that gradually depletes that denotes how much time you have to react, I think it's 12 seconds. You have plenty of time to respond appropriately, I believe the Topple effect in particular stops the timer but only temporarily.

You'll get used to it with time, especially in a game as long as this one.

Banjo-Tooie
I've finally got all of the jiggies in Glitter Gulch Mine, and WitchyWorld.

Yooka-Laylee
Expanded the first two worlds, and defeated the first boss.

Wii Sports Resort

Going for an entire run without getting hit. It's not going very well so far.

E: Swordplay Showdown is the only reason I ever play this game anymore, because I'm so good at it :P

Made it to Lighthouse Reverse without getting hit.

Back