What game did you last play?!?!?!?

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

It took me about three days to get every fighter on my roster. I'm currently playing World of Light, and I'm stuck on the Yarn Yoshi stage.
The stages in World of Light can be fairly challenging. I agree with GalacticPetey, it's a great game and would definitely recommend it.

Fate/Grand Order

When you beat the final boss but all it does is kill all your homies and turn your story into a alien horror massacre.

Kirby Star Allies

So I beat Heroes In Another Dimension, but not with all hearts. And I take back what I said when I said Parallel Woods was difficult. Kracko wasn't too hard, neither was Meta Knight, since I didn't die to him. Dedede wasn't that easy, since I died at least once. I'm kinda happy they made Hyness' fight challenging, but it's a little too challenging. Even the first phase. And HOO BOY was the Mage Sister's battle hard! I only died once since I took the OPest ability in the game: Stone. So at the second attempt, I took the stone ability and three Magolors since Magolor is OP, but even then, it was extremely difficult. So I guess next time I play maybe I'll try Soul Melter EX, or maybe I'll try getting every heart in HIAD.

Fate/Grand Order

Babylonia was amazing, the bomb gets dropped and all of sudden it goes nuts. Everything is going to hell and nothing is effective, everybody is dead by the end but the master plan finally works and then the sickest sequence of battles start. None of them were hard but that was the point. I was wondering why people considered this the best Singularity during the first half but it definitely is. Camelot was more consistent overall though. Babylonia had more comedy and goofing around to balance out the apocalypse.

I used tickets to get Gorgon. Hopefully I can get Merlin but I guess it wouldn't be too bad to miss out since I expect a lot of my friends list to have Merlin the day he's out.

Dragalia Lost

Looks like there's a bunch of stuff coming very soon. Bow and Lance buffs are good, free 5* voucher and a new chapter. The half-cost story is helpful, I've been getting a ton of wyrmite from hard story mode. You can just auto it if you're busy and have built your 5 teams up decently. I've got a bunch of vouchers ready for Christmas Nef. Cleo is cute too but Nef. I'll get the dragon because I'm a dragon magnet. They've ditched new 3 star characters because barely anybody uses them and even if they want to their co-abilities and damage are gimped by their rarity even after promotion.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

I got to play 7-player smash with some co-workers, it's pretty hectic. I think only one other person there really played it much. It was pretty fun though, I think one or two of them were taking it too seriously but I think they'd do that with every game.

It's been ages since I last posted here, but I'll give updates for three games in particular:

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

Since I last posted here, I found all 120 Friend Hearts in Heroes in Another Dimension and got the perfect S Rank. Then I played and finished four Guest Star runs as Magolor, Taranza, Susie, and the Three Mage-Sisters, respectively. I also replayed the last section of the Guest Star runs for Adeleine and the Animal Friends so I could open their block rooms. So now I've done a Guest Star run as every Dream Friend, and found all the block rooms. All that's left now is Soul Melter EX in The Ultimate Choice, and I've gotten all the way to the Three Mage-Sisters fight with a team of the Three Mage-Sisters, Magolor, Marx, and Adeleine. So yeah, I'm pretty close!

Mario Tennis Aces (Switch)

I got this game for my birthday, and since then I've collected two Power Stones in Adventure Mode, and played a bunch of matches with my brother. I've also tried the minigames in Swing Mode, but the motion controls...really aren't great. I've been a bit bugged by some other things as well. Why can't I play more than one set in Exhibition when the game is clearly capable of those in Adventure Mode? Why don't they make court selection simpler, and why can't I choose doubles partners? The controls have been a bit tricky as well, but I'm starting to get used to them.

Super Mario Party (Switch)

I got this game for my birthday as well, and have played it a whole lot with my siblings since then. I already have the Gems of Tenacity (Mario Party), Spirit (Sound Stage), and Courage (River Survival). The remaining two Star Gems are from Partner Party and Challenge Road. I also unlocked Dry Bones and DK, and I also unlocked all the minigames required to play Challenge Road. Oh, and I forgot to mention that I love playing as Bowser and seeing him actually being constructive to the party for once.

Metro 2033 Redux

i killed nazis

Dragalia Lost

New event is easy with a fast character like Xander who can tear through waves. Epithet first try. I got wyrmprints from the showcase so I get 20k points per round which means this won't take very long at all. I am a dragon magnet. Christmas Nef showed up and I promoted her, now I actually have a full group of 5 star water characters. I got Aeleen with the vouchers, a bit late for the wind event but I finally have a second wind character that I like.

I should probably start saving my eldwater for maxing mana circles. The only things I'm missing before I can start attempting High Midgard is the full mana circle and the Axe tablets required for the 5* weapon. I'm not sure I like that Vanessa has to take the bait role since choppy connections can easily get you blindsided.

Super Mario Odyssey

I'm almost levelling up my Find Balloons rank, which is currently 6/10. My rank for the "Other people find balloons" and "Earn coins from other people finding balloons" are 8/10 and 9/10 respectively, so I am lagging behind on one aspect. Also, because of how many coins I get, I have to buy Power Moons from the shop to keep the coins flowing.

Piczle Lines DX: 500 More Puzzles

Beaten more than 10 puzzles, over 480 to go. Piczle Lines is basically a picture puzzle game where the numbers guide you, similar to Picross except you draw lines instead of marking squares.

Thank you for reading.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country

I explored Gormott a little bit instead of going to the main quest, looks like they cut off some areas and gutted the cave system it had going on. Some cool little things like the bird-freaks camp not being setup yet. Lots of enemies but the highest I saw was Lv40 so maybe that's about where this game will finish. When can I play as Mythra.

Dragalia Lost

I read a bunch of the side stories. Christmas Nefaria's is unironically the best one yet no bias. Wyrmite is literally raining, mad dragon shit in my pockets. I do hope they work on getting out that content that's harder than the usual grind but not so end-game like High Trials. Preferably co-op because the AI still sucks balls.

12201_front.jpg

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero is a car rpg and the third installment in Genki's Shutokō Battle series (there's a lot of xtrem racing in Tokyo you see).

You're a guy driving around the Tokyo highways and challenging random street racers. The series trademark is a truly anal level of customisation and its "spirit battle" system, where you challenge other shmucks driving around and you win by draining their health barm either by being ahead long enough or hoping they bump into stuff. Win or lose and you get money you can spend on customizing your car's body, transmission, drivetrain and other characteristics.

It's a solid gameplay loop. TK0 was pretty difficult to play at first because it uses a truly rotten implementation of the Ps2's pressure sensitive buttons, but switching to one of the shoulders or the RC car controls make it playable. I previously played the X360 game (renamed "Import Tuner Challenge"); while Zero obviously lacks some features, it has way more cars and highways and is decently more challenging, which is good because the previously-mentioned game is really easy.

Spent most of the day today playing World of Light and got through Galeem. I collected every single character and spirit on the map. Trying to 100% this game.

Labrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk

I'm not too sure about all the puppet shit but it seems fine. It's weird not having map drawing and classes seem to be just statsticks with passives rather than unique attacking skills. Idk what the colours mean, I'm assuming there's elemental affinity but they haven't said shit about it.

Also NISA strikes again, a 12 second line in japanese translates to five words and also there's a typo in the same cutscene. Man I want to play Etrian Odyssey Nexus.

wol is too long, a lot of these spirit battles are just bumps in the road. I'm using ftilt more, or just forcing myself to and not using smash attacks. run back ftilt doesnt have too much endlag. short hop fair as well just to throw a hitbox out in front of me that has range, even though it's a potential kill move. I can land and throw out jabs or ftilt for people that want to punish it. Keeping it hidden until the last stock is good, run off fair catches people off guard the first time if I use arrows to edgeguard and then ledgetrap every other stock.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

i tried playing this a few months ago but really couldnt get into it all. however i've come back now after installing some mods to fix a few of the problems I had with it and its actually pretty fun atm. right now im heading towards Cheydinhal to meet up with the Dark Brotherhood. kind of concerned as to how i'll get in if there's guards because my bounty is about 2000 (from mulitple cases of murder/resisting arrest/one jailbreak and I think stealing) and I dont think I can take on more than one at close quarters. although i could potentially lure them outside the city then abuse flare/summon skeletons while running around trees to avoid getting killed

Kirby Star Allies (Switch)

I haven't beaten Soul Melter EX yet, but I found myself a pair of new Ultimate Choice mains: Adeleine and Ribbon! The Dream Friend pair I long thought to be the weakest (due to the fact they die in four hits), they're actually pretty good! I've found it helpful to use Ado's Painter to ride Kracko, and if you don't have enough time to paint Kracko, attack with Ribbon's Crystal until you do. Also, make sure to paint food with Al Fresco when necessary. I also have Magolor, Marx, and the Three Mage-Sisters on my team as CPUs, so I can piggyback on them whenever I need to use their moves (such as the ultra-powerful Sister Circle). I got all the way to the final battle, but that was where their single biggest weakness really shows. As they die in four to five hits, you have to really focus on dodging attacks, as Adeleine cannot use Al Fresco while riding the Star Allies Sparkler.

Fate/Grand Order

Used what I had to try get Merlin, no dice. The servers were destroyed for the first 30 minutes because this is probably the most or second most anticipated rate-up in the game. Everybody wants Merlin. I'm not gonna stop playing because I didn't get my jpeg despite knowing the odds, I'm still more excited to see the final boss and the ending. There's always a noticeable difference in the story telling when Nasu is in charge. I'm not big on the raid events but it's a cool idea to have the final chapter double as an event where everyone works together.

Dragalia Lost

I can clear the wave battle in a minute now that Xander is actually levelled up and Xmas Jannu has some bond levels. Xander is actually so good at wave battles you could probably clear off-element challenges just as easily with him. They're changing hosting to getherwings which is a great change for me because I very rarely use stamina for multiplayer content and I have 80 regens in my inventory still. Still drowning in wyrmite. About 200k from finishing the event, that's like 8 more runs so I'll probably be done with it tomorrow.

Kirby Star Allies

So I got more friend hearts in HiAD. I managed to get 100 of them and unlocked the Mage Sisters. Right after that, I finished some of their guest star. Next time, I'm beating Soul Melter EX.

Mega Man 11

Never tried this game, but it was sitting on my shelf so Wynaut.

Finished three levels... on newcomer mode. I know how hard it can get since my brothers started hardcore, but I'm doing a easy run for now. Game is fun.

Isabelle said:
I know how hard it can get since my brothers started hardcore
Have they ever played a Mega Man game before? Because if not, then they're not beating the game on that difficulty.

They did get to Wily's castle and defeat the Yellow Devil, so I'm guessing that's a miracle.

And they have never played a MegaMan game before, like me.

Kirby Star Allies

Finished Soul Melter EX. And OH GOD it was as hard as a Dark Souls game! I picked the Mage Sisters since they're honestly sorta OP, and I got my little brother to pick Magolor, while I took the Animal Trio and Adeleine as CPU. The hardest battle was Astral Birth Void (duh!), but it's also the best battle in the game since it references every Dark Matter fight. And also, KIRB! (You'll know if you've beaten the mode)

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Another game that was there, waiting for me to try it.

Good game.

Fate/Grand Order

I think I'm gonna focus on Flauros, it seems after shitting on Barbatos 2 million times in less than a day the community is split between killing Flauros and Forneus. I'm really glad I got so much exp and skill cookies from lotteries because it lets me try out a lot of servants that were benched due to lack of mats to upgrade them.

The memes coming from this are gold.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

I named my team in honor of the save file I deleted. join team DumbFucks today. I decided I'd just use the wonder mail generator to decide what pokemon would be my 3/4, last time I played it was Electrike and Wooper from recruiting but when they eventually evolved it was kind of lackluster. This time I just got Aron and Gible, when they evolve it will be a worthwhile investment. I did end up just going with Bulbasaur/Cyndaquil again, it doesn't feel right unless I'm using those two at least.

Back