MarioWiki Poll Discussion

Option 3, but considering Martinet does Mario and Luigi and Wario and Waluigi among other characters they would need to find 1 person that can seamlessly do all of them (unlikely) or hire multiple people.

An alternative is for them to use the cast of the Mario movie depending on how well it does but I'd rather not have this option

An alternative is for them to use the cast of the Mario movie depending on how well it does but I'd rather not have this option
Anything but that if Chris Pratt makes Mario sound like Starlord or Emmet; Mario should sound like Mario

I'm mixed on this. While yes option 3 would be good, you can only use the "Yah," "Wahoo," and "Yippie!" recordings for so long until they become repetitive.
Filling in couldn't hurt much. When Mel Blanc died, Warner Bros. looked for new voice actors to fill in for him, and they did as great as Blanc.

really just get someone who can do the same mario voice, while also being distinguishable enough, kinda like the contrast between ryan drummond sonic and jason griffith sonic, which is to say, not very big

Nintendo should cast a new voice actor whose performance is distinct from Martinet's.

Honestly, I like this. While it's more likely they'll get an imitator, I really do like Mario's old Brooklyn accent and I wanna hear more of it.

NEW POLL TODAY! I've done a lil' experimenting with the main page image and I'm pleased with the result!

acdea239d4d81ad622a4223f7e9f7f3a-6293d3b28ca37.gif

Various Mario titles feature "easy" mode options to help struggling players (e.g. Super Guide, Smart Steering). What is your opinion on them?
  • I like these options and want future Mario titles to continue to feature them or variations.
  • I like these options and think that existing titles should add more ways to assist players through updates.
  • I like these options as long as players are not required to use them.
  • I do not like these options as players should play the game without assists, but I am okay with them being present.
  • I do not like these options and I think future titles should stop having them.
  • I don't have an opinion on accessibility options.

I like these options personally, and I think far more can be done with them.

Option 1. These options are great for those that aren't good at games, trying out a new genre that they might not be comfortable with, or those that struggle with harder levels. I think lots more can be done with these in order to make ganes more accessible to players who might be challenged in one way or another.

Option 3 for me, I've never really made much use of them but they're good for players who want them. Just don't force everyone (or certain players, i.e. forcing one player to play Nabbit in NSLU) to use them.

I'm cool with them, just don't bug me about them after I die once, like half of the games with them do. Also stopping the ability to perfectly complete the game happen from so much as seeing an easy mode option appear in a level was a stupid idea, I don't remember which game it was, but it's definitely bad.

I'm cool with them, just don't bug me about them after I die once, like half of the games with them do. Also stopping the ability to perfectly complete the game happen from so much as seeing an easy mode option appear in a level was a stupid idea, I don't remember which game it was, but it's definitely bad.

That was New Super Mario Bros. Wii preventing you from having shiny stars on your save profile but yeah that was an absolutely shitty thing to do.

3D Land does it too, thankfully after that they decided it was stupid and made it so it was only if you actually used it that the shiny stars don't appear, and even then you can get it back by completing the level normally.

I'd say Option 3, since personally I don't like using them, but for other players who aren't familiar with the Mario games, they can be a helpful learning curve. I remember when I first played New Super Mario Bros. U, I sucked at platformers so I spent half the levels using the Luigi guide, and I used the Invincibility Mushroom in a couple of levels in Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. But nowadays, I prefer to play videogames in a more standard fashion, so easy modes aren't for me. They're like training wheels - they can be helpful when I'm not familiar with the game, but once I've figured the game out, they're of no use to me anymore.

Ooh fellow members have finally started to implement GIFs, like the result a lot
It was a really tough call between Options 3 and 4 actually because I find them to just be okay, but I went with Option 3 over 4 because they can provide some extra clarity, but I think there should be limits on the amount of times players can use easy and/or tutorial mode each game so they have to choose wisely as more challenge.

Guess who created the thread for the new poll? Guess?
1655072252449.png

What are your first impressions of Mario Strikers: Battle League?
-The game seems excellent, and is one of the best Mario sports games.
-The game seems like a very good entry.
-The game seems decent, but could be better.
-The game seems poor and not worth playing.
-The game seems very bad, and is one of the worst Mario sports games.
-I do not have any first impressions of Mario Strikers: Battle League.

Option 6 for me, I have only seen a bit of the game through trailers and like to suspend judgment on games I haven't played in general but especially games where I do not know a lot of their details.

I've opted not to vote for now since I haven't seen any gameplay beyond what was in the initial reveal trailer, but I have seen a little bit of the music and animations so it wouldn't exactly be accurate to say I have no first impressions.

I've watched my sister play, that roster is one of the most biting criticisms I have for the game right now and it actively contributes to why it feels so barebones.

The base roster is so bare, you'll fight against freaking repeat characters very frequently in the tournament mode, that's how awful it is right now.

Option 3. It looks nice and a lot of the characters have unique and quirky animations, but there isn't a mission mode like Charged had and the character selection and customization options could've been a lot better from what I've seen.

Well at about the one-day mark of this airing it's interesting how many people are voting no first impressions. Well that's why I suggested maybe airing it June 26th so as to give people more time to form impressions, but to be fair June 12th gives more of an extremely topical feel which is good too

It's two weeks. Lots of time to garner first impressions to people who get it, besides most games sell the most on their first two weeks anyhow.

I've watched my sister play, that roster is one of the most biting criticisms I have for the game right now and it actively contributes to why it feels so barebones.

The base roster is so bare, you'll fight against freaking repeat characters very frequently in the tournament mode, that's how awful it is right now.
Did you vote Option 4 or Option 5?

New poll, who dis???

1656274512430.png

What type of Mario games would you like Nintendo to focus on developing new entries for the most?

• Developing new entries for the main platformer series.
  • Developing new entries for spin-offs that often receive new games.
  • Developing new entries for spin-offs that have not had new entries for a long time.
  • Revisiting games that have not yet had a sequel.
  • Developing new spin-offs based on entirely new game concepts.
  • Nintendo should make new games that fulfill several of these options instead of focusing too much on one area.
  • Nintendo should focus more on improving their existing games with content updates and DLC than on new entries.
  • It doesn't matter to me as long as Nintendo produces fun, high-quality Mario games.

I said option 6. Life is the variety of spice.

6, then each new game in each series will feel more fresh to be announced

Back