Which characters/items would you like to see get the official plushie treatment (if they don't already have it)

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Awards Committee
MarioWiki
winstein
As Mario is a major series, it is natural that the love of the characters are capitalised though the release of official plushies, and in fact, even the secondary characters, the enemies, and the iconic items got the plush treatment. Here are some examples of who got official plushies, but it's certainly not limited to them:

ac_mario2-1.jpg

sanei-boeki-super-mario-all-stars-babies-nov12018.jpg
lrgscalecn-af-mkwt.jpg

With that said, there are certainly characters or items that still did not get the plush treatment, even the older characters. For example, I would love to see the Dice Blocks get official plushies, since they are an iconic part of the Mario Party series and am surprised that it was not done yet. As for Mario characters, an interesting absence is the Luma, who don't seem to have an official plush despite being one of the species from the beloved Super Mario Galaxy and an iconic partner to Rosalina (who has an official plush, obviously).

But still, some that did not have one for a long time still have hope. The biggest example is Dr. Mario: he only got an official plushie to tie into Dr. Mario World (another reason this game's existence is valid), along with the viruses.

So anyway, which characters or items would you love to see get the plushie treatment, if they have not gotten it yet?

Thank you for reading.

Morpho Knight. If it existed I was going to buy one for every member of the Creationary Crew.

Oh, you meant from Mario?
Boomerang Bro. That's all and I will be happy.

Morpho Knight. If it existed I was going to buy one for every member of the Creationary Crew.

I have a feeling that in Kirby's case, it will be inevitable that any moderately important character will get a plushie, so it's more of a matter of when.

So, I would need to point out that while it's strictly about Mario, any branch series from Mario would also count, like Donkey Kong or Wario (who I am sure would likely have a lot of requests given the lack of merchandising of that series).

Thank you for reading.

I hope we get to have Pauline and Flutter as a plush. Same for Chargin' Chuck and Ninji. So far, they haven't got them. Luma is also a surprising omission.

AFAIK Metal Mario and Dry Bowser are so far still the last standalone characters for plushies? I can easily also see Pink Gold Peach getting a plush as well.

Luigi's Mansion did get Luigi and Polterpup but why not E Gadd and King Boo?

Also Toadsworth doesn't have an official plush. If he were to stick around in the recent years, he probably would've gotten one. Petey Piranha doesn't have as much relevance as he used to, but I guess he still has a shot since he stuck around for Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Party Superstars. I also think King Bob-omb has a fair shot as well.

Yeah, there were characters who didn't see themselves as plushies for a while. Daisy and Baby Daisy took quite a while to get a plush, Baby Daisy longer. Toadette as well. Dry Bowser had a ton of bootlegs made for him before the official came and kicked their asses.

I'm not too knowledgeable on the inanimate objects and whatnot that got plushies but the day Skewer gets the plushie is a day to be alive.

Luigi's Mansion did get Luigi and Polterpup but why not E Gadd and King Boo?

gooigi plush when, it be so cool for him to be like that big mario plush, with the stomach pocket! though i do wonder what kinda material will be used with him, i know polterpup had some weird fabric choices

I've always wanted a Tiny Kong plush. Modern Tiny Kong that is, not DK64 Tiny.

Also, I think I read a long time ago that Pink Gold Peach is the only Mario Kart 8 character without a plush? If true, then I definitely want her to have one especially if those jerks Metal Mario and Dry Bowser already have one.

Petey Piranha doesn't have as much relevance as he used to, but I guess he still has a shot since he stuck around for Mario Tennis Aces and Mario Party Superstars. I also think King Bob-omb has a fair shot as well.
Both these characters actually have plushies.

A5EBF8FF-D6E5-4836-8D7D-C034579CBB5A.jpeg
31735FA0-8F9B-4E8C-BD16-0A823ECD0A7E.jpeg

Left: Petey Piranha plush (I think Sanei and made for the NSMB line)
Right: Banpresto King Bob-omb plush (Very rare nowadays)

Goddamn out of the ones my sister mentioned, Luma is the one I want the most, but the rest of the plushies sound so desirable too! Especially King Boo, he and Funky Kong are like, the only Mario Kart Wii characters to not receive a plush.

Monty Mole needs a re-release, it's one of the few San-ei Mario characters I don't have because it's not in stock anywhere, since it was available in the times where I didn't have money to spend. They also need to make a Chain Chomp with an open mouth.

Anyway, I wish Green Toad and Purple Toad got plushies. We have Red, Yellow, and Blue, so it would be nice to complete the five gang crew of them.

We got Bullet Bill and Banzai Bill plushies, so the next logical step is to make King Bill and Torpedo Ted plushies. Make a Bill Blaster plushie too, ones that are able to load our Bullet Bill plush.

Bony Beetle plushies would be highly appreciated too (we have Buzzy Beetles), as well as Amps.

Also, Pianta and Noki plushies!

If I were to choose one-off characters to get plushies, I'd immediately go for Brighton and Twila from Mario Party 6.

Penguins, Bumpties and Cooligans as plushies would be super neat. Add Crowber with it.

AFAIK Metal Mario and Dry Bowser are so far still the last standalone characters for plushies

An official Dry Bowser plushie exists, made by Sanei (and imported in the Americas by Little Buddy Toys), like other licensed plushies.

DryBowserSquare_720x.jpg

I wish Sanei would release a line of DK-branded toys. Like, for Dixie, Funky, Cranky etc.

Not that I'd be particularly interested in getting them (I've always liked plushies but these official ones are quite expensive), but I reckon they'd look neat and funny.

I know! To clarify I mean Dry Bowser and Metal Mario are the latest standalone Mario characters from that brand. Most recent releases from Sanei appear to be variants iirc (e.g. Yoshi keychain, poseable Mario) or possibly even just objects and whatnot.

Certainly Dixie, Cranky, and Funky benefit from it. There could be a plushline based on a recent Donkey Kong game, why not.

Both these characters actually have plushies.

View attachment 25314View attachment 25315
Left: Petey Piranha plush (I think Sanei and made for the NSMB line)
Right: Banpresto King Bob-omb plush (Very rare nowadays)

Petey might be official but that particular one I don't think so. I usually associate that infamous yellow tag with unlicensed products. Afaik I haven't seen Petey in the official site either.

If Pink Gold Peach gets a plush, her hair better be tied, we don't have a Peach plushie with a tied hair.

Pink Gold Peach has been mentioned a few times.

It'll be interesting if they just gave her normal hair since Pink Gold Peach has been seen mostly in ponytail, except that brief animation of her getting an eagle or better in Sports Superstars golf.

Shiverians from Odyssey. They're big, round and mildly furry, it almost feels like they're made to be turned into plushes (you know they're not because Nintendo still haven't capitalised on this opportunity yet).

As Mario is a major series, it is natural that the love of the characters are capitalised though the release of official plushies, and in fact, even the secondary characters, the enemies, and the iconic items got the plush treatment. Here are some examples of who got official plushies, but it's certainly not limited to them:

ac_mario2-1.jpg

sanei-boeki-super-mario-all-stars-babies-nov12018.jpg
lrgscalecn-af-mkwt.jpg

With that said, there are certainly characters or items that still did not get the plush treatment, even the older characters. For example, I would love to see the Dice Blocks get official plushies, since they are an iconic part of the Mario Party series and am surprised that it was not done yet. As for Mario characters, an interesting absence is the Luma, who don't seem to have an official plush despite being one of the species from the beloved Super Mario Galaxy and an iconic partner to Rosalina (who has an official plush, obviously).

But still, some that did not have one for a long time still have hope. The biggest example is Dr. Mario: he only got an official plushie to tie into Dr. Mario World (another reason this game's existence is valid), along with the viruses.

So anyway, which characters or items would you love to see get the plushie treatment, if they have not gotten it yet?

Thank you for reading.

In addition to the boomerang bro like you mentioned, I would also like to add the original hammer bro, fire bro, ice bro, sledge bro, galooma, goombrat, charging chuck, mechakoopa, and whomp.

Original Hammer Bro already has a plush

1650141444789.png

MechaKoopa too.

Mecha-KoopaPlush.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'd echo the sentiment of Pauline getting a plush, but I think it'd be really cool to get sports outfit variant plushes too- I initially was thinking of Peach and Daisy, but it could work for a lot more characters with more recent sports games.

I'd personally like to see plushies of Pauline, Luma, Tiny Kong, Candy Kong, Peachette, Tiara, and some Mario RPG characters (such as Geno, Fawful, and Olivia).

I know Mario has a truck ton of plushies but come on who wouldn't want small variants of Mario and friends (and not Wario because Wario doesn't have a small variant yet) get a plush

particularly the hatless one for the plumber dudes

551px-Small_Mario_%28render%29_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
533px-Small_Luigi_%28render%29_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
351px-Small_Peach_%28render%29_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
Small_Toad_%28render%29_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png
405px-Small_Rosalina_%28render%29_-_Super_Mario_3D_World.png

I know Mario got a jumping mechanical one but I was thinking more about the soft sitting plush format in a similar one to San-ei and co
c9IWdx9.jpg

I'd certainly love it. I had a series of TY beanie babies where a human could wear different outfits (there was a witch dress I made Mario wear). It would be cool if Mario got a series like that, though I guess his base version is him with the swim trunks, though everything else is a separate outfit.

I know there was a series of merch where Mario would change hats. Not sure if it was plush or not, but I do remember it was like Jakk's Pacific and was sold at GameStop I believe.

Back