Post your least cancelable Mario take here

oh i have another take
stickerb(r)ush symphony really is incredible and is one of the best dkc songs
I don't think I've even played Country 2 but its soundtrack is amazing. But the only DKC song that comes closes to rivaling Stickerbrush Symphony is Forest Interlude, and its feeling of peace and beauty.

I don't really agree with it.

I have to disagree. I grew up with GCN Mario Parties and spent the most time on them, and so I'm going to favor even the soundtracks of then, not that I dislike the newer ones.

The first 5 games had really great minigames, with 3 in particular having some of the best in the series. 6 through 8 not so much, which is a shame because I love Mario Party 6 and 7's boards but a lot of their minigames bore me. I've always considered 4 & 5 to be the opposite of 6 & 7, the first two have great minigames but I'm not a big fan of their boards and the gameplay is so slow because the characters move around the board at a snail's pace. 6 and 7 have faster board gameplay and great boards, but don't like the minigames.

As for soundtracks, I sometimes listen to the Gamecube MP's soundtracks, but I dunno...The newer games' music sounds cuter, more catchy, and more Mario-like I guess?

The first 5 games had really great minigames, with 3 in particular having some of the best in the series. 6 through 8 not so much, which is a shame because I love Mario Party 6 and 7's boards but a lot of their minigames bore me. I've always considered 4 & 5 to be the opposite of 6 & 7, the first two have great minigames but I'm not a big fan of their boards and the gameplay is so slow because the characters move around the board at a snail's pace. 6 and 7 have faster board gameplay and great boards, but don't like the minigames.

As for soundtracks, I sometimes listen to the Gamecube MP's soundtracks, but I dunno...The newer games' music sounds cuter, more catchy, and more Mario-like I guess?
I actually don't like the N64 minigames as much, as a portion of them rely on rapid memory skills, something I struggle with and is a big reason I got scared off playing Mario Party at an early age. I always get anxiety at Messy Memory and The Beat Goes On, which I don't get the same feeling playing, like, Memory Lane though I keep losing to my sister in Memory Lane. They're home to some of the worst dreck of I've played including Honeycomb Havoc (MP2), Cast Aways (MP1), Toadstool Titan (MP3), Crane Game (MP2), Rockin' Raceway (MP3), Bash N Cash (MP1), Bowl Over (MP1/MP2), Piranha's Pursuit (MP1; the team has nearly no chance of winning if the sole player can clear these easily-dodged rocks); whereas some minigames I always thought were done better in later installments (Hide and Go Boom is way more hilarious than Hide and Sneak). Sure, Mario Party 6 has Same is Lame, Treasure Trawlers, and Trap Ease Artist but IMO their minigames are quite solid having games like Lift Leapers, Cannonball Fun, Snow Brawl, Snow Whirled, Rocky Road, Granite Getaway, Clean Team.

I also think 5's speed is reasonable, but I was pretty surprised going into N64 Mario Party after being so accustomed to move speeds in GCN games, especially Mario Party 4's speeds, how fast these people move and hit a space. Like... wow they don't even react when landing on a red space.

Eh for soundtrack I like em all, mostly from exposure. I've taken a liking to the modern ones too, though they do have that... style. Like it's more heavy on xylophones, synth, and whatnot. I like the harpsichord/keyboard music in Mario Party 5 or that one. Mario Party 2 I just know the sax from Keepin On Path (which Mario Party Superstars really dialed back and made it just a background note; what a disappointment). Amusing from Mario Party 6 sounds sufficiently Mario to me... Mario Party 6 sounds way louder to me, has significantly more brass; same for Mario Party 7. Mario Party 4 has a lot of synth, more than the other GCN Mario Parties. They're all different to me, maybe 6 and 7 sounding most alike to each other. I find it harder to pick out tracks from 10 and like Star Rush due to both having huge use of xylophone, but it could just be less exposure. Anyhow, I grew up with the sax, brass, and whatnot, not really the xylophones.

The Mario Party 10 music sound definitely more reliant "synth" and "digitized" to me than the GCN ones imo. Compare Exciting and Exciting (10) to like Exciting Walk (5), which have similar moods but one is really synth heavy (despite having prominent flute and clarinets, but the synth is still first and foremost), the other has more brass, bassoon (?) wood block noises(?) xylophones, sax, and harpischord.

I don't even know what they are and I agree with you especially the hardcore Snailicorn fangirl that is my sister.

They have shoes like Galoomba and are shaped very similarly. Galoomba also survive a single jump. I wonder if it's their "undead" form

The amount of games the animated Mario movie soundtrack sources is quite impressive.

It happened sooner than I like, but yeah

The A button is often used for confirmation in the menus of Mario games.

If someone wants to cancel that, they'll have to press the B button, a completely separate face button altogether.

That's more of a description of an action in a game. You need to say something like, "the A button is pretty handy when it comes to navigating menus"

Back