The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)

But I will admit that it'll feel unusual to see Mario have actual dialogue; he is the silent person in the games after all.
It's sooo bittersweet lol. It's not Charles Martinet but he gets to talk! Yeee!!! ???

The Grinch was definitely more bearable to watch than the live-action movie that came before it. But I will admit that it'll feel unusual to see Mario have actual dialogue; he is the silent person in the games after all.
Yes, it'll be very unusual.

It's still a year away so we have the time in the world to speculate about the movie

I'm low-key hoping for a flashback scene with Baby Mario and Baby Luigi in, that could be a spot they put Charles Martinet in....

uuh guys

cranky kong

BOTH CRANKY KONG AND MARIO IN SOMETHING NON-SMASH

it's all but confirmed they'll acknowledge their history in some way, and to me that's amazing. no matter how dumb the plot ends up, this morsel of fan service for uber-deep lore fanatics is what has already made the movie for me.

uuh guys

cranky kong

BOTH CRANKY KONG AND MARIO IN SOMETHING NON-SMASH

it's all but confirmed they'll acknowledge their history in some way, and to me that's amazing. no matter how dumb the plot ends up, this morsel of fan service for uber-deep lore fanatics is what has already made the movie for me.
Yeah, this isn't supposed to be a good movie, it's supposed to be a goofy movie based on video games imo.

i dont know actors legit would the ones they just revealed actually be like. good for the role genuine question
weird how martinet doesnt get to voice mario and luigi thuogh???

i will also say though. now that we know donkey kong and cranky kong and foreman spike are definitely in the movie it definitely raises some interesting implications about what the plot is gonna be!

fricking foreman spike, fricking foreman spike

Tbh I'm probably gonna totally love this thing

Hmm, Foreman Spike, DK, Cranky Kong.

I'm expecting origin story flash back shenanigans.

The only one in this movie who even voiced a game character before this is Kevin Micheal Richradson. He was the first voice of Crunch Bandicoot before he got replaced in 2005 (He also returned to Crash to voice Stew in Nitro-Fueled 2 years ago). The rest…have no experience with game characters, unless licensed games count.

Last edited:
So do y'all think they'll have Chris Pratt and Charlie Day doing the Italian accents for Mario and Luigi or nah?

Personally I feel like it'd be a lose-lose situation either way because I can totally see it being annoying if Mario and Luigi are speaking and just have that overly stereotypical Italian accent that really only works as well as it does in the games due to them not saying much, but if they don't have the accent, then Mario fans will be like 'WTF where is the accents???'

Back