Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope

How so? Is it because of Paper jam and the Modern Paper Mario trilogy?

No. Because they were never all that unique. Even when compared to other Mario games.

never learned how to use either yoshi (esp rabbid yoshi) anyways so im not partic gonna miss them

Does anyone else find it odd how Yoshi and Rabbid Yoshi got the boot?

I found them pretty superfluous in the first game, they didn't bring a whole lot the others hadn't already covered and they came rather late in the game on top of that so you'd be hard pressed to bother really learning how to use em by then.

I've watched the trailer a few times now, so here's my general thoughts:

I love how open the game looks. Kingdom battle was pretty much just a straight line through the whole game, so it's nice to see more exploration.

1656628502060.png

I like how all the Rabbid NPCs have very unique designs, despite being the same species. Different body types, hair styles, clothing etc. They should really be doing something like this with Paper Mario toads.

1656628693016.png
1656628713281.png
1656628739714.png

I remember in another thread I didn't know if Bowser would be playable, mainly because of his size. Turns out they solved the issue by just shrinking him lol. The reason this stands out to me is that I remember when Disney was making Wreck it Ralph, Nintendo told them that Bowser was too small and needed to be bigger. Such a minor detail, but I guess that shows how protective Nintendo is of their IP. And the fact that they're letting Ubisoft shrink him shows how they trust them a lot.

1656629006974.png

Also I just realized that these are probably Rabbid Shy Guys.

1656629108313.png

I think this is kinda unpopular but I actually like that the Rabbids have unique voices now, and I think it makes sense. This game is going to be much more story driven than Kingdom Battle, so making the characters stand out more might've been a good idea.

1656629217050.png

Also, remember this guy? The first trailer made him look like a specific character, but apparently he's a common enemy. He's even got an ice variation.

1656629328238.png
1656629344770.png
1656629411488.png

The framerate during battles in the ice area looks pretty bad. I'm worried that it'll effect gameplay because the combat system is more action oriented than Kingdom Battle.

I like how you collect star bits in this game. I'm guessing Davide Soliani is a big Mario Galaxy fan.

1656629685642.png

The battle system is pretty different from Kingdom Battle, but obviously that's not a bad thing. Being differently doesn't inherently make it bad or anything. But idk if I'll like it as much as the grid based stuff. I'm definitely willing to give it a shot though!

Overall I'm really hyped for this game. I don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but I have a feeling this will be one of "those" sequels, where basically everything is improved to the point where it blows the original out of the water. I just wish Ubisoft wasn't the company making this, since they've been doing really nasty things. I'll probably get the game used.

One concern I have for this game is how they'll balance the enemy variety. We see alot of Ziggies. in the trailers but not alot of the other enemies. I'm hoping it's not an LM3 situation where throughout the majority of the game you'll be fighting the same enemy type(even if they do get stronger).

I've watched the trailer a few times now, so here's my general thoughts:

I love how open the game looks. Kingdom battle was pretty much just a straight line through the whole game, so it's nice to see more exploration.

View attachment 27182

I like how all the Rabbid NPCs have very unique designs, despite being the same species. Different body types, hair styles, clothing etc. They should really be doing something like this with Paper Mario toads.

View attachment 27185View attachment 27187View attachment 27188

I remember in another thread I didn't know if Bowser would be playable, mainly because of his size. Turns out they solved the issue by just shrinking him lol. The reason this stands out to me is that I remember when Disney was making Wreck it Ralph, Nintendo told them that Bowser was too small and needed to be bigger. Such a minor detail, but I guess that shows how protective Nintendo is of their IP. And the fact that they're letting Ubisoft shrink him shows how they trust them a lot.

View attachment 27193

Also I just realized that these are probably Rabbid Shy Guys.

View attachment 27194

I think this is kinda unpopular but I actually like that the Rabbids have unique voices now, and I think it makes sense. This game is going to be much more story driven than Kingdom Battle, so making the characters stand out more might've been a good idea.

View attachment 27195

Also, remember this guy? The first trailer made him look like a specific character, but apparently he's a common enemy. He's even got an ice variation.

View attachment 27196View attachment 27197View attachment 27199

The framerate during battles in the ice area looks pretty bad. I'm worried that it'll effect gameplay because the combat system is more action oriented than Kingdom Battle.

I like how you collect star bits in this game. I'm guessing Davide Soliani is a big Mario Galaxy fan.

View attachment 27203

The battle system is pretty different from Kingdom Battle, but obviously that's not a bad thing. Being differently doesn't inherently make it bad or anything. But idk if I'll like it as much as the grid based stuff. I'm definitely willing to give it a shot though!

Overall I'm really hyped for this game. I don't wanna get my hopes up too high, but I have a feeling this will be one of "those" sequels, where basically everything is improved to the point where it blows the original out of the water. I just wish Ubisoft wasn't the company making this, since they've been doing really nasty things. I'll probably get the game used.
I wouldn't worry too much about the framerate. They have a decent amount of time fix that while also polishing the rest of the game.

Last edited:
An interview drop for Sparks of hope and from what I seen,
You can use Two sparks per character
Sparks not only affect your weapons special affects but also there dashes
We got confirmation of 2 of the World's name: Beacon beach and Pristine peaks.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO RAYMAN IS BACK

This should've been in the original Mario + Rabbids but better late than never, a Rayman DLC campaign has been announced! I hope Ubisoft uses this opportunity to bring back Rayman

Rayman being in the game is legit exciting, I really hope I get to see the Teensies appear too!

Eyes of Malice, anyone?

But this game looks like a lot of fun! I can't wait to play it!

I have a question: are we allowed to move freely during battles or are we stuck with the (imo) bad cell movement?

I wasn't really on the "it's Rosalina" train but the evidence is looking pretty surefire for it.

I mean it's even the only eye that Rosalina ever shows off.

to be fair the genius girl/mario fangirl from the intro cutscene also has what seems to be red eyes as vaguely seen on the magazine cover
it could be from the visor though but im betting cursa is her before rosalina imo
I can somewhat see that happen, but I think she was more of a throwaway character to explain why the Rabbids are in the Mario universe. Although now that you mentioned it, we never actually saw her eyes so she could have a similar eye shape to Rosalina's.

Back