Mushroom Kingdom Smackdown

Soundfrog.

Nuff said.

Art1.png

Third times the charm.
Twister vs fuzzy. Please.
Art2.png

This month the theme is visual art and/or music to celebrate Palette Swap, so please suggest something related to the theme, or if you really want to, try and convince me how your suggestions fit the theme!

I couldn't resist going for the Waluigi joke I'm sorry

This month the theme is visual art and/or music to celebrate Palette Swap, so please suggest something related to the theme, or if you really want to, try and convince me how your suggestions fit the theme!
Twister first appeared in Mario Maker 2, which is a game that fits the theme, and fuzzy is Cheve's favorite enemy, and he makes Mario Maker/Mario Maker 2 videos.

I couldn't resist going for the Waluigi joke I'm sorry

1621526136893.png

See? Luigi is music-related. (This is from Mario + Rabbids)

"Gotta go fast," they say. Those utter fools! Who says you have to be fast to claim victory? Slow but powerful and coming in with strong defenses, it's time for this turtle to take its place in the Smackdown ring! A king among turtles who can set you on fire, who has a shell that's impossible to penetrate, who battles the protagonist of a famous game, that's right, it's time to page the king of awesome! It's time for...

Ankiron!

What, were you expecting someone else?

No, this competitor may be rooted in place, too slow and bulky to move elsewhere, but it can fire exploding cannonballs at you and it has a sturdy shell your attacks won't pierce! How can you ever beat it?

Just don't throw the cannonballs back at it, okay? I've got people to support and if I don't get bring in a winner soon, the agency might not look too favorably upon me during my quarterly performance review.

Submissions for Issue 173 are open! This month's theme is summer, so bring on the residents of the Mario franchise's beaches, jungles, and any other tropical locations you can think of!

Also I'd like to take a brief moment to remind everyone that the more effort you put into your post, the more likely it is that your fighter will be selected! Even just a sentence or two about why you think your nomination would be fun to see goes a long way, so don't worry about being too flashy. That being said, if you want to go into more detail, or maybe even write a story or poem or make some art featuring your fighter, you are absolutely encouraged to do that!

By the way, last month's Smackdown tied for Section of the Month with 15 votes! Thank you for your continued support!

Fuzzy vs Twister, and since I'm the only one here, you have to do it!
The theme for this month is summer (fighters from beaches, jungles, and other tropical locations) so please nominate something related to the theme or explain why you think they fit the theme.

Big Urchin VS. Cheep Chomp.

Tropical wiggler V.S. Tiny Huge Island Wiggler

Ah, Summer. A season of getting down to the water's edge, splashing on the shoreline, building sandcastles, fishing, and... getting hit in the face by a squid?

Yes, that's right folks! This summer, there's a war on the seashore! And on the front lines? The mighty Squid Shot!

Oh, sure, you might look at this stationery turret and think it's an easy target. It can't move, so you just have to get close and smash it, right? Ha! Good luck getting close! You'll have to dodge squid flying at you as it turns its guns on you and tries to score a direct hit! Of course... it can only fire in a straight line, but... That's not enough for you? Add onto that the element of surprise! Are you going to be struck by a Squidly, or zapped by an untouchable Electrasquid? Who knows!

And speaking of not knowing... do you even know who mans these cannons? Do you? Are you sure you're prepared to take on such a mysterious foe?

Squid Shot - your summer beach enemy of choice this August!

Back