All Kirby Lore

THE END

I am infinite, I am nothing
This is an attempt to connect all the pieces together for the full Kirby lore. (it's really confusing) You can help if you want to with some info

Did someone call? (Unfortunately, I think I am now the biggest Kirby fan now that YFJ has left.)

Kirby first appeared in Dream Land when he "blew in on a Spring Breeze."

Also, to get this out of the way...
Well recent lore implies that Galacta Knight was one of the four ancient Heroes of Yore who sealed away the Jamba Heart long before the events of Star Allies. He's also an interdimensional time traveler, so even though none of his battles are actually canon, Galacta Knight probably remembers it all. It would also explain why Galacta Knight's starting animation in Planet Robobot's True Arena seems to reference his defeat animation in Meta Knightmare Returns--despite the sub-games occuring in two distinct timelines, Galacta remembers them both because he is not bound by this thing called "canon".

man kirby lore is d e e p

i think morpho knight gave us a whole santa's bag full of lore: like, was the butterfly evil all along? What does this mean for galacta knight, will he stay like this forever (i mean im pretty much sure he survived, no matter how many times hes defeated he always comes back)? Will the butterfly be the main villain in the next mainline game?

i could go on, but that would be more theories than lore

all i can say is i think that is too much lore tho i mean Toassworth not wrong here

Did someone call? (Unfortunately, I think I am now the biggest Kirby fan now that YFJ has left.)

Kirby first appeared in Dream Land when he "blew in on a Spring Breeze."

Also, to get this out of the way...
But we need to go deeper. Kirby is not the first part of the lore. What about the ancients or the Jambardian cult? I'm actually researching on Kirby wiki right now.

What the is heck is that giant UFO that occasionally appears in City Trial from Kirby Air Ride all about anyway?

Like, Void Termina is supposed to be
the ancestor of all matter
but then why is it evil?

Maybe Dark Matter is Void guided by the evil?
I saw a video, that if someone tried to recreate Void, it would go like this:
First you draw a circle,
Then you dot the eyes,
Add a big smile,
And presto,
It's.... Kirby

If Void is the origin of all matter, everything is Void.

Kirby is made of matter, right? Void is origin of all matter. Kirby's origin is Void

If anyone is still here, I have things to add to that statement about Kirby and Void. In various pause screens for Void, it sends the same general message: "No telling if it's true, but according to the ancient scrolls, Void Termina may rise again in other forms depending on whether positive or negative energy is gathered (input before its "Astral Birth"). It seems this being of darkness will wander the galaxy until one day he is reborn into a new existence. When he returns, hopefully it will be... as a friend." -Void soul pause description. Also, in the pause description for Void, the true final boss in Soul Melter EX, it says "The final battle at hand, Void takes his first steps toward a new age. In place of tyrannical rage, will he find...naptime? Gentle breezes? Treats? He may even dream again... A dream of friends united!" Huh! Sounds an awful lot like Kirby's likes and habits. Furthermore, in the "Boss encounter art" or whatever you call it, the background for Void is the same as the red, blue and yellow one in Hyperzone 2... Where you battle Zero. In Hyness' chants, he is essentially promoting the "Dark lord" (Void Termina) to rise in "despair". He sacrificed himself and the three mage sisters, beings so full of hate, and only dark hearts into the Jamba Heart. Negative energy input. When Void is defeated, the last thing that can be seen is a silhouette of a smiling face like Kirby's. Void is constantly changing its expressions during battle prior to this. Why? The darkness Hyness input was getting to it, but Kirby and his friends made him want to be different. Kind, helpful and carefree (unless Popstar is under attack which is a frequently occurring event in the Kirby series!) just like Kirby.

What am I getting around to? Essentially, with all this context, it can be inferred that Void is the beginning of either the species of Kirby, or the species of Zero. If negative energy is input before it's astral birth, then it will be a Zero. If positive energy is input, then a Kirby. But the question is... Were Kirby and Zero born at the same time period, the original battle of the four heroes of yore and Void Termina, the battle to seal the darkness away? If so, why was there one being with positive energy and one with negative? Well, Kirby context states that Galacta Knight, the only confirmed one of the four heroes, strongly stands for anger. Whether it be the music, violent attacks and general hasty movements, he seems in a constant fit of rage. So, my theory is that 2 of the four heroes were rather full of negative emotion, and the others positive. So during the battle, some negative Voids were spawned by Void Termina and some positive ones. Really sets the mind racing if that theory is true!

Another question is, what if Hyness succeeding in summoning a fleet of Zeros if only negative energy came face to face with Void Termina? Well... That couldn't be good, even for Kirby, a being of infinite power.

Well, sorry it's a lot, but I take the depth of Kirby lore into... Well, deep consideration- If anyone is still here then I hope you enjoy my thoughts about it!

If anyone is still here, I have things to add to that statement about Kirby and Void. In various pause screens for Void, it sends the same general message: "No telling if it's true, but according to the ancient scrolls, Void Termina may rise again in other forms depending on whether positive or negative energy is gathered (input before its "Astral Birth"). It seems this being of darkness will wander the galaxy until one day he is reborn into a new existence. When he returns, hopefully it will be... as a friend." -Void soul pause description. Also, in the pause description for Void, the true final boss in Soul Melter EX, it says "The final battle at hand, Void takes his first steps toward a new age. In place of tyrannical rage, will he find...naptime? Gentle breezes? Treats? He may even dream again... A dream of friends united!" Huh! Sounds an awful lot like Kirby's likes and habits. Furthermore, in the "Boss encounter art" or whatever you call it, the background for Void is the same as the red, blue and yellow one in Hyperzone 2... Where you battle Zero. In Hyness' chants, he is essentially promoting the "Dark lord" (Void Termina) to rise in "despair". He sacrificed himself and the three mage sisters, beings so full of hate, and only dark hearts into the Jamba Heart. Negative energy input. When Void is defeated, the last thing that can be seen is a silhouette of a smiling face like Kirby's. Void is constantly changing its expressions during battle prior to this. Why? The darkness Hyness input was getting to it, but Kirby and his friends made him want to be different. Kind, helpful and carefree (unless Popstar is under attack which is a frequently occurring event in the Kirby series!) just like Kirby.

What am I getting around to? Essentially, with all this context, it can be inferred that Void is the beginning of either the species of Kirby, or the species of Zero. If negative energy is input before it's astral birth, then it will be a Zero. If positive energy is input, then a Kirby. But the question is... Were Kirby and Zero born at the same time period, the original battle of the four heroes of yore and Void Termina, the battle to seal the darkness away? If so, why was there one being with positive energy and one with negative? Well, Kirby context states that Galacta Knight, the only confirmed one of the four heroes, strongly stands for anger. Whether it be the music, violent attacks and general hasty movements, he seems in a constant fit of rage. So, my theory is that 2 of the four heroes were rather full of negative emotion, and the others positive. So during the battle, some negative Voids were spawned by Void Termina and some positive ones. Really sets the mind racing if that theory is true!

Another question is, what if Hyness succeeding in summoning a fleet of Zeros if only negative energy came face to face with Void Termina? Well... That couldn't be good, even for Kirby, a being of infinite power.

Well, sorry it's a lot, but I take the depth of Kirby lore into... Well, deep consideration- If anyone is still here then I hope you enjoy my thoughts about it!
YFJ? Is that you?

Holy COW, my mind is blown!

Wow! Surprised someone would respond that quick xD And nope, I'm just a Kirby-lore-studying addict (I guess that means I am a KLR, Kirby lore researcher). I just find it so amazing how much small bits and pieces you can find and piece together in the franchise as a whole. Honestly, deeper diving can take the games from rated E or E10+ to teen. I would say that my favorite Kirby backstory has got to be Robobot. In truth it's really tragic, but just so... I guess mind blowing and exciting. If you want I can share a story of it worded by me. I would really insist on helping piece lore together here for anyone still interested! All the discoveries are just sometimes so shocking and eye-opening that it's hard to keep them to myself!

Last edited:
Wow! Surprised someone would respond that quick xD And nope, I'm just a Kirby-lore-studying addict (I guess that means I am a KLR, Kirby lore researcher). I just find it so amazing how much small bits and pieces you can find and piece together in the franchise as a whole. Honestly, deeper diving can take the games from rated E or E10+ to teen. I would say that my favorite Kirby backstory has got to be Robobot. In truth it's really tragic, but just so... I guess mind blowing and exciting. If you want I can share a story of it worded by me. I would really insist on helping piece lore together here for anyone still interested! All the discoveries are just sometimes so shocking and eye-opening that it's hard to keep them to myself!
Oh yeah, I (probably partially) know what you're talking about. KPR is the only Kirby game I've got 100% on besides Kirby fighters Deluxe.

I'm... actually more into Magolor and Marx. I dunno why, but I think they hava a connection.

(Responding to Blitz) Yeah, it surely is amazing! Also, could it be... A tetralogy (4-part)? Lately I've been thinking about Kirby's Return to Dreamland. Let's start off with Hyness' rant. I'll bold the important parts for the story. "We are the masters of a power driven to the far reaches of the universe, and we have but one desire! Can one such as you possibly fathom how dearly we have clung to this dream across the aeons? How could you! You couldn't! Never ever ever! We who once faced those who were in such fear of our power that they sealed us away and banished us to the edge of the galaxy! US! As if THAT loveliness wasn't enough, they tried to erase our very existence from history! RUDE! Only through our magic were we able to overcome their science and achieve great prosperity! We alone were responsible for stopping that repulsive nightmare of a galactic crisis, yet this is how you repay us! This won't stand! It won't be forgiven! It won't be forgotten! Never ever EVER! Those who called us mad, are you listening? You left us at the edge of the galaxy to be forgotten, then went along your merry way, probably living somewhere pretty and peaceful! But know this! Your future is a farce! You have none! We, masters of a matter most dark, vow to be restored, as foretold in the book of legend, which everyone thought was just a fairy tale! It WASN'T! We have already obtained the vessel that contains our Dark Lord, and he will soon awaken and shower us in compassion! Look! The vessel of our Dark Lord is filling up even as we speak! Now the time for his greatness to enter our world has come! Welcome to a new history!" Yeah. Basically... Almost all of it is important. These statements strongly imply the reasoning as to why the ancients had... thought to have died off. Ah yes, the ancients. A reoccurring mention in the franchise. The current underlying context we have hasn't yet brought me to a full understanding of these mysterious beings. Well anyways, context does tell about how the ancients seemed to have died off. Now, given if Hyness truly was referencing the downfall of the ancients, he used the term we. Is it possible that he is a surviving ancient? "We, masters of a matter most dark," would explain his urge to bring about Void Termina and restore power to the Ancients through a dark matter legion.

The ancients were the creators behind MANY important artifacts in the series, some being Galactic Nova, Lor Starcutter and the Fountain of Dreams. Magolor gives us some of that information as he is interested in the history of the ancients. Oh right! Magolor. Magolor's uniform highly resembles that of Hyness, especially when unhooded, where the blue and yellow stripes come into play. If Magolor is so interested in studying the ancients, he would be just about guaranteed to know what they look like. Even to the ears, similarities between the two are vast. And yet... Magolor is quite smaller and generally a different shape than Hyness for the most part. Evolutionary line perhaps? Yep, my theory is that Magolor is actually descended from the ancients, which would explain his wild fascination with them.

He could have researched their downfall and wanted to live up to their forgotten legacy. With that driving obsession, he even stole Lor Starcutter from its sacred resting place in Halcandra. Magolor then heard of the Master Crown, another extremely powerful artifact crafted by the ancients. I'll try and hurry up because I have already written LOADS lol. Anyways, the ancients set up a defense to guard this artifact. If it fell into the wrong hands, calamity could occur. And so Magolor attempted to steal the crown and slay the dragon. Huh, maybe similar to how a prince of royal blood would slay a dragon to obtain a crown and be kinged? Regardless, he failed, evacuating to Dreamland where the main story takes place. Now lets skip towards the ending when Magolor obtains the crown. You know, he reveals his sinister plans and you must stop him! Nothing too suspicious in the normal gameplay; Nothing too out of the ordinary- just battle Magolor and save Dreamland. Annnd... Sorry I had gotten this far without saying how this relates to the dark matter trilogy, but here it comes. The extra mode. Nothing that off with magolor ex, except that we can observe the crown moving on its own, as if it is a living thing... Or perhaps.. Corrupted by a living thing. So in the dark matter games, basically the dark matter wants to corrupt everything in the far reaches of the galaxy. We focus on restoring the main planets.. Without 100% shards collected in K64, the ominous message that darkness still lurks is sent. That darkness is Zero Two, the reincarnation of Zero. During the time period when collecting the rest of the shards to put an end to Zero two, who knows what it could have corrupted across the galaxy. My theory is... Halcandra. Dark matter could have rampaged Halcandra, but the ultimate point made? I believe that, with the chance Zero Two would be defeated by Kirby (spoiler: He was!), he decided plans had to be made. The crucial variable in those plans? The Master Crown. I think that the Master Crown could very well have been corrupted by Zero Two.

This is reinforced by the next piece of information, Magolor Soul. When you first encounter this beast, two eyes and a smile are shown, but an eerie red eye quickly rolls down into what would be the mouth... The exact way that happens with Zero Two. Also, the white goopy substance is sort of like that of the blood with Zero Two (which should REALLY not be in an E rated game). Also, I just thought of something while writing this! A sort of ink seems to be splattered in various locations over Magolor Soul, and its wings seem to be inky as well. Could it indicate writing, like on a scroll? Remember my mention above about the ancient scrolls describing Void as a being of chaos? Another reference is "His shining form in another dimension transcribed the ancients to write about this mysterious being", not worded exactly but it is something like that. Magolor is a traveler, specifically through Another Dimension. If the ancients are behind all the Kirby happenings, then it is very possible that they could have seen the future, to find that Void, or Zero, or Zero Two, had corrupted Magolor. Dark matter's shining form in Another Dimension would be Magolor Soul. The ink would resemble the prophecies written about him.

A summary: Given this context, it is quite possible that Magolor didn't have evil intentions with the Master Crown, he just wanted to live up to his ancestors and take the throne. However, Zero Two had other intentions. It corrupted the crown in hopes of continuing its dreadful goal: If I can't be happy, then no one can.

The pause screen of Magolor Soul:
I just find this pretty disturbing and sad, even though Magolor makes it in the end unlike Sectonia (From Triple Deluxe) and Haltmann (From Robobot).
"A sad shell possessed by the limitless power of the Master Crown, no more than a manifestation of the crown itself." It seemed pretty grim for the little guy. His familiar smile mixed with the angry red eye give the impression that he regrets everything, the soul's actions are beyond his. He seems he is basically assuring Kirby to just end it all.

Well, that's about it. Really sorry about the extreme length this time, I didn't mean to make it practically an essay! Even just writing down what I already knew inspired me to connect more, and I would say that it seems relatively possible. Again, sorry for the length, but have fun reading, and like my previous lore post, I hope you enjoy!

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 8.36.14 AM.jpg
(An image of Magolor Soul that I edited)

Last edited:
Haha, Andrew that's perfect!! I was writing about Magolor and then when I finished I saw your comment! Well, here you go! More about Marx to come, though his lore doesn't seem to go as deep. (P.S. You're absolutely right, lots of sources reveal that they actually know each other and more! And by lots of sources, I mean Nintendo has dropped hints about it, not just outside theorists, so pretty cool stuff!)

Last edited:
Also Schroeder, nice job! 100% completion surely is a great achievement. KPR and KTDX, both the connecting 3ds games, have really sad backstories and also sad endings. Both of them bring the underlying lore of Kirby even darker, especially the pause screen text and meaning of the final soul bosses.

It seriously gets on my nerves when people diss Magolor. He was just a puppet to the crown! In fact, I'm pretty sure that he got a hold of it, then Landia took it back, and he was still somehow controlled by it, so he tricked Kirby into getting it. When it broke, he was free from it, and no, he did not die at the end of the game.

@Lazuli, if you didn't know, I'm actually known as Magolor04726 around here, or simply Mags.

It seriously gets on my nerves when people diss Magolor. He was just a puppet to the crown! In fact, I'm pretty sure that he got a hold of it, then Landia took it back, and he was still somehow controlled by it, so he tricked Kirby into getting it. When it broke, he was free from it, and no, he did not die at the end of the game.

@Lazuli, if you didn't know, I'm actually known as Magolor04726 around here, or simply Mags.

Yeah, I know what you mean! He was really innocent, he didn't have evil intentions. It bugs me when people consider him a "villain" as well. And yeah, sure enough, he still lives, creating theme parks across the galaxies (as mentioned in Kirby's dream collection) and selling gem apples, armory, weapons and even stickers to Kirby in Kirby Clash games. Good to here from you, Mags! Also, did you read all of the Magolor lore, and if so, how'd you like it? Well, then again it was a mix of Magolor, the ancients, and Zero Two, but that still includes good old Magolor!

Yeah, I know what you mean! He was really innocent, he didn't have evil intentions. It bugs me when people consider him a "villain" as well. And yeah, sure enough, he still lives, creating theme parks across the galaxies (as mentioned in Kirby's dream collection) and selling gem apples, armory, weapons and even stickers to Kirby in Kirby Clash games. Good to here from you, Mags! Also, did you read all of the Magolor lore, and if so, how'd you like it?
I did indeed.
The lore in general of the whole Kirby series is really fascinating.

Back