All Kirby Lore

It really is! Even perceiving what may seem considered impossible for the developers to have planned is really enjoyable. It's sort of like using imagination to expand upon the current reaches of the lore, and who knows! Many fan theories could absolutely have been planned by the developers and correct.

It really is! Even perceiving what may seem considered impossible for the developers to have planned is really enjoyable. It's sort of like using imagination to expand upon the current reaches of the lore, and who knows! Many fan theories could absolutely have been planned by the developers and correct.
If you like deep lore in games, I HIGHLY recommend you look into a mobile game called Brawl Stars. That game has lore deeper than Kirby, and some of it was created by the community! (Old maps, couples, etc.) One particular guy, KairosTime, really gets deep into this stuff.

*That painful moment when you are trying to make this: >: ) Rather than this: >:)*

Right? It's so hard not to.
(BTW, try not to double or triple post, the mods may get onto you about that soon!)

Alright, thanks for the info for the newbie! :D I'll keep it in consideration :)

I think Marx is great. I mean, he could just find the pieces of the Nova himself (Kinda like Magolor), but he... he was intelligent enough to make the SUN AND THE MOON FIGHT, and look totally clean about it. Magolor did the same, I don't blame him, if any human could reach infinite power, they will, kinda like... an inspiration. Look, if Magolor was doing research on the Ancients, he could've heard or read something like: "The tale of the Nova" or at least heard his name. So he researched it and first, it was nothing, but then, when the Starcutter was crashed, he remembered about Marx's tactic. Take advantage of the situation to trick them to think Landia was the one to blame.

Last edited:
Let's start from the beginning. Mags, you're right. The main story, not the non-Kirby time period, starts when Kirby arrived at popstar with a "Spring Breeze". In that, the first thing that Kirby does is adventure to return all the food of Dreamland from Dedede, who greedily stole it. This is one of the very few times Dedede was actually the villain, the other times he is either fighting Kirby as a rival or possessed by a dark force. We can assume that Kirby super star is the first chronological game, as spring breeze is included in this game and is the first mode to complete. In Kirby super star ultra, the Nintendo DS remake, we fight Dedede again in "Revenge of the King", this time as masked Dedede. I think that the reasoning for the mask may be to hide his true self after his evil greedy deeds. Ever since he stole all the food in Dreamland, no one looked at him the same. He was just a foolish, bullying, greedy, not-to-be-taken-seriously King. And so, to regain his intimidating and well known stature, he hides his true self as he faces Kirby. All because of his actions, people look at him as relatively weak, yet he was a good rival for Kirby all along. His demeanor was tainted by his actions, and he felt that a mask could be the cure. Just my thoughts on Spring Breeze and Revenge of the King! Revenge of the King would most likely not be the second game chronologically, but again, we can infer that the Kirby time period starts with Spring Breeze.

1st. Spring Breeze, Kirby's arrival at Dreamland and first face off with the self-proclaimed King

Also Andrew, I believe something sort of like that. I agree with all, except I think that Magolor found out about Marx is if he met him, not researched him. I have two thoughts: As the crash of Nova was in more recent time periods for the Kirby series, Magolor likely knew about it in real time, not just about research from the past. So here are two ideas of mine: Magolor met Marx in Halcandra while he was looking for Lor Starcutter, because a common theory is that Marx is native to Halcandra, and then travels to Popstar, a planet much more vibrant and exuberant than the volcanic wasteland of Halcandra. The second idea is that during the crash of Nova, Marx drifted through space, and bumped into the Lor Starcutter as Magolor was traveling. He would have brought him on board and made a friendship with him, and then could have gotten Marx's opinion on Kirby, power, and advice for tactics. This would explain why in a lot of offcial artworks. For example, this 25th anniversary one for april fools, Magolor and Marx playing a prank.
th

"The great hero, hailing from Dream Land on Planet Popstar." -Magolor, who then goes on to say about how he knows someone back home who knows all about Kirby. Presumably, Marx. Anyways, great thoughts Andrew! Could be true!

If anyone is still here, I have things to add to that statement about Kirby and Void. In various pause screens for Void, it sends the same general message: "No telling if it's true, but according to the ancient scrolls, Void Termina may rise again in other forms depending on whether positive or negative energy is gathered (input before its "Astral Birth"). It seems this being of darkness will wander the galaxy until one day he is reborn into a new existence. When he returns, hopefully it will be... as a friend." -Void soul pause description. Also, in the pause description for Void, the true final boss in Soul Melter EX, it says "The final battle at hand, Void takes his first steps toward a new age. In place of tyrannical rage, will he find...naptime? Gentle breezes? Treats? He may even dream again... A dream of friends united!" Huh! Sounds an awful lot like Kirby's likes and habits. Furthermore, in the "Boss encounter art" or whatever you call it, the background for Void is the same as the red, blue and yellow one in Hyperzone 2... Where you battle Zero. In Hyness' chants, he is essentially promoting the "Dark lord" (Void Termina) to rise in "despair". He sacrificed himself and the three mage sisters, beings so full of hate, and only dark hearts into the Jamba Heart. Negative energy input. When Void is defeated, the last thing that can be seen is a silhouette of a smiling face like Kirby's. Void is constantly changing its expressions during battle prior to this. Why? The darkness Hyness input was getting to it, but Kirby and his friends made him want to be different. Kind, helpful and carefree (unless Popstar is under attack which is a frequently occurring event in the Kirby series!) just like Kirby.

What am I getting around to? Essentially, with all this context, it can be inferred that Void is the beginning of either the species of Kirby, or the species of Zero. If negative energy is input before it's astral birth, then it will be a Zero. If positive energy is input, then a Kirby. But the question is... Were Kirby and Zero born at the same time period, the original battle of the four heroes of yore and Void Termina, the battle to seal the darkness away? If so, why was there one being with positive energy and one with negative? Well, Kirby context states that Galacta Knight, the only confirmed one of the four heroes, strongly stands for anger. Whether it be the music, violent attacks and general hasty movements, he seems in a constant fit of rage. So, my theory is that 2 of the four heroes were rather full of negative emotion, and the others positive. So during the battle, some negative Voids were spawned by Void Termina and some positive ones. Really sets the mind racing if that theory is true!

Another question is, what if Hyness succeeding in summoning a fleet of Zeros if only negative energy came face to face with Void Termina? Well... That couldn't be good, even for Kirby, a being of infinite power.

Well, sorry it's a lot, but I take the depth of Kirby lore into... Well, deep consideration- If anyone is still here then I hope you enjoy my thoughts about it!
QUESTION. So do you think Kirby was born from a Jamba Heart? Also what is MetaKnight? Is he part of the race of Kirby's? I guess he's like a less powerful kirby, like how the dark matters were differing in power.

QUESTION. So do you think Kirby was born from a Jamba Heart? Also what is MetaKnight? Is he part of the race of Kirby's? I guess he's like a less powerful kirby, like how the dark matters were differing in power.
Also so if void termina is born from a void, and he creates voids, does that mean voids are self replicating?

Void Created 0, Void Termina, and Kirby. Also, Magalor Might know Marx and the Ancients made the Star Rod, Nova Clocks and possibly the Master Crown (either them or Dark Matter/Void). Any questions? Anything to add?

(Unfortunately, I think I am now the biggest Kirby fan now that YFJ has left.)
I'm a pretty big Kirby fan myself.

Last edited:
Back