What Mario character would you vote for president

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
I'm honestly going with Toadsworth, yeah, yeah, another old dude in the office but the other old dudes are E.Gadd, Crygor and Cranky, who can turn into tyrants, Toadsworth is an honest, caring dude who will take care of the land like Baby Peach getting into dangerous hijinks.

Who is your pick?

Princess Peach. She's a competent, benevolent ruler. I don't think there's many parts in Mushroom Kingdom that's disgraced from her poor leadership. You don't see any protests under her rule do you?

Sure I like Mario and he can be a good leader, but I don't know if he's politically savy to run an entire country. He managed to get jailed in Isle Delfino for things he didn't do and he doesn't have his own lawyer nor does he know about Isle Delfino laws?

Yeah he said trans rights for/from an hbomberguy stream where money is donated to a trans charity Mermaids. Hbomberguy's one of my favorite YouTubers. Yes I think Donkey Kong would be supportive. I just can't imagine anyone being a hateful ass.

Closest I can think of is that misgendering Toad in Super Mario Party and Jerry the bomb in Thousand-Year door who thinks Luigi in a dress is horrifying and even wants to accompany Luigi "to make sure no one has to witness the sight of Luigi in a wedding dress again." (What an asshole) I can't imagine Starlow being so swell about Luigi in a dress either.

Last edited:
Princess Peach. She's a competent, benevolent ruler. I don't think there's many parts in Mushroom Kingdom that's disgraced from her poor leadership. You don't see any protests under her rule do you?

Sure I like Mario and he can be a good leader, but I don't know if he's politically savy to run an entire country. He managed to get jailed in Isle Delfino for things he didn't do and he doesn't have his own lawyer nor does he know about Isle Delfino laws?
this is more or less what i'd have said

Rosalina or Peach. Maybe Mario or Luigi

The King of Ice Land when he's turned into a seal, that would be my candidate.

Closest I can think of is that misgendering Toad in Super Mario Party

And it's not just the Toad. It's also the Toad commentators in Mario Tennis Aces (the British English version at least). This could be telling about an accepted transphobic mentality all across the Mushroom Kingdom.

So who could make a good leader? Easy. Wario may be greedy and corrupt, but at least he would be a decent enough human being to institute LGBT rights (and legalize marijuana).

It's probably a widespread Toad problem, nothing to do with Peach. I'm pretty sure Peach is fine with gendering Birdo properly, as Peach seems more than happy to sponsor Birdo alongside her and another royalty, Daisy.

MK8-WomenofRacing1.png

Wario shouldn't be heading Mushroom Kingdom's coffers. He'd do everything he can to increase income disparity and remove worker protections. I don't think it's going to offset some LGBTQIA+ wokeness and plant smoke.

mk8 also has this
and in Sunshine Airport, the person in the speaker calls her "Ms. Birdo".
and im sure theres other examples of characters using the proper pronouns on her.. actually yea origami king does that i just remembered olivia saying "i... i love her...." regarding her which is also crazy. anyway i just cannot imagine most the mushroom kingdom residents being transphobic
actually i just dont like transphobia in my mario games get those toads outta here

I would think Mario would be great because he can both a president and king. King would best fit him. He deserves to be the King of the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach being his queen. That would be super amazing.

Count bleck, he'd be a COOL president, he'd eradicate any bad guys with a flick of his cape, MWAHAHAHAHA.

Waluigi. Would be an honest entrepreneur like Wario but a bit more moderate in policies and uhhh more presentable in manners and style.

Last edited:
Back