What would be the best spirit teams for tough battles?

Fordsy

A ♥Bill Cipher♥ fan
Pronouns
She/her
I know one. Primary spirit black knight leveled up to lv. 99 with support spirits thundurus (incarnate forme) and jet the hawk for your opponent. Then primary spirit kracko with no support spirits or primary spirit chaotix with support spirit putty.

Black Knight (Armor Knight) + Slow Super Armor + Tank style = annihilate all spirit battles that don't have hazards (lava, wind, poison), have gold characters (even then, Super Sonic is still completely winnable with it), or are Pauline. It tears apart all multi-character battles such as Geno, Phantom Thieves, and Hero's Comrades that something like Metal + Giant doesn't do. Even fights where this spirit team has a disadvantage in such as Hero's Comrades has no trouble ripping it up.

Thanks but i mean what would make a tough battle for me. Like what team to give the opponent like black knight for the opponent and a disadvantage for me like kracko or chaotix. Now you guys got to come up with what you think would make a tough battle for me. ok?

If you want to gimp yourself, just spam Trade-Off Speed + Initial Damage % primaries on yourself.

Primary Spirit: Soma Cruz
Supports: Shine Sprite, Victini, and Blast O Matic
Training Style: Ryoma (Demon Style)
Most OP Spirit team ever.

Use characters that come from the same franchise as the primary spirit to increase the power level by a small amount.
Example: Character A gives a 3040 power level increase when put with Spirit A from the same franchise.

if you want a challenge just don't use any spirits
You mean just me and give my opponent a spirit team? I have tried that And i did like it. My team i mentioned about the black knight. If you want a challenge try that team i mentioned about the black knight. Its really tough. I mean it.

Primary Spirit: Soma Cruz
Supports: Shine Sprite, Victini, and Blast O Matic
Training Style: Ryoma (Demon Style)
Most OP Spirit team ever.
What does OP Spirit team mean?

basically if you can kill the enemies with like, just one smash attack, you're overpowered. whether that's good is up to you to decide. if you don't care about balance and your main goal is winning, then becoming overpowered is your main goal.

for example, the most overpowered spirit team i know of is Metal Face (metal and giant) with Victini (hyper smash attacks) as the support spirit. used it to get every spirit in the game.

however the main spirit team i use is paper mario, with mythra and shine sprite as support spirits. not overpowered or anything, but i personally have more fun with it.

Overpowered. That's a COOL word i like it. I'll try your team of metal face.

for example, the most overpowered spirit team i know of is Metal Face (metal and giant) with Victini (hyper smash attacks) as the support spirit. used it to get every spirit in the game.
it's pretty strong but I think the Black Knight + Armor Knight is more deadly since the effects last throughout the battle. Metal Face + Victini doesn't do very well against James McCloud or that Legend Dragon Quest Squad but Black Knight + Armor Knight just laughs at them, even if it's at a spirit disadvantage.

I also enjoy using Superstar Mario (has invincibility if you land the first strike) + Bomber + Explosive buffs since it's explosions.

it's pretty strong but I think the Black Knight + Armor Knight is more deadly since the effects last throughout the battle. Metal Face + Victini doesn't do very well against James McCloud or that Legend Dragon Quest Squad but Black Knight + Armor Knight just laughs at them, even if it's at a spirit disadvantage.

I also enjoy using Superstar Mario (has invincibility if you land the first strike) + Bomber + Explosive buffs since it's explosions.
I agree about black knight i think its the toughest spirit to use. But doesn't giving it Armor knight make your player slow?

You can't exactly depend on the same spirit team for every difficult spirit battle, since there can be extra elements where you need to use very specific support spirits for. This is especially notable for the Baby Bowser and Gruntilda spirit battles, where you have to deal with the lava floor or poison floor conditions.

On a side note, while the idea of using the Metal Face primary spirit to be made giant and metal may seem good on paper, you do need to keep in mind that the effects are only temporary, and you don't get any knockback-based heavy armor out of it (only the subtractive heavy armor from the Metal Box's effects). Also, being limited to only one support slot really limits which support spirits you can use. Simply put, Metal Face is only good for completing spirit battles quickly, and is far less effective for longer-lasting spirit battles, simply due to the limited support spirit options that you have.

(SPOILERS FOR FINAL BOSS!)
My strategy in the final battle is Metal Face (Or whatever his name was. The massive dude from Xenoblade) with a Fairy Bottle Support.
Metal Jaw makes you metal and huge, which is helpful for dealing massive damage to bosses. (I got Dracula into the second phase in two hits with giant metal Dedede! once!) The Fairy Bottle gives you... a fairy bottle, and that is great for healing.

the duo of lyn (blade lord) and mythra is broken. most of your attacks will be extremely powerful

oh and theres also gold mario/full armor x. the super armor is also broken

im referring to super armor, not the spirit team. you could add a support spirit to full armor x or equip gold mario with a powerful primary spirit

Frankly, Full Armor X is only good against Shield-type spirits, so you're not going to get much use out of that spirit's Super Armor ability, outside of such battles. And even then, Full Armor X is actually weaker than X when you compare their maximum stats.

At least for the Gold Mario support spirit, you have considerably more options to work with, in regards to extra abilities you can stack with it. For one example, the Mega Diancie + Gold Mario combo gives you super armor, AND a Franklin Badge; something that can't be replicated at all with Full Armor X, as he only offers one support slot, while the Franklin Badge support spirits require two support slots to use.

Back