Who do You main in Mario Kart

SMK: Mario
MK64: Mario
MKSS: Mario
MKDD: Mario and Luigi/Yoshi
MKDS: Mario
MKWii: Mario
MK7: Mario
MK8(D): Mario, Tanooki Mario and Luigi. (Kart combo of choice commonly has been B-Dasher with Cyber Slick/Crimson Slim and Cloud Glider.)
MKT: Lol no.
MKL HC: If I can afford it, who do you think?

Eh, I like to playthrough with everyone, otherwise I'll feel like I'm missing out on content.
I'd agree, but when I see this
78zNKBh.jpg

I kinda get stuck there, there's already Mario Kart Tour that forces me to use everyone + dog + dog(biker) + gold dog

I main toad in mkds

SMK: I main Peach, but I dislike that Bowser is her rival because of his OP Fireball item that is tricky to avoid. I could always circumvent this by plugging in a second controller and having Bowser be P2... or use Yoshi. I'm a noob at this game, so I need these high acceleration characters.

MK64: Peach for Grand Prix and versus. I will say that it's nice to have her voiced by Leslie Swan in this game.
Luigi for Battle mode because I won't let Peach get hurt.

MKSC: Peach for Grand Prix and versus. I managed to three star all of the super Circuit cups on every difficulty with her.
Again, Luigi for Battle mode

MKDD: I'd say that Peach and Birdo are my favorite characters to pair up in this game. But I only use them when I play for fun. When playing the higher cc's, the lightweight karts are just infinitely more useful because of their long-lasting mini Turbo making them the best for snaking. I like Toad and Toadette team and Koopa + Paratroopa

MKDS: Peach is my fave obviously, and it's good that you can use any kart with any character in this game which means I can use Dry Bones' overpowered Dry Bomber or the Egg 1 with Peach.

MKW: Baby Peach, Birdo, and Rosalina. That's one character for each weight class.

MK7: I like Rosa here the most probably since it's the only time she's voiced by Kerri Kane. Also like Lakitu.

MK8DX: I use like half of the cast, but will say that Peachette is my #1 favorite. Even the stats page say so since I've played as her the most.

MKT: Love the Peach alts, Birdo colors, Dixie Kong, Toad and Toadette alts, Pauline and her alts. And for online 1 or 2 item races, Baby Peach and Wendy.

Since there were unfortunately no new characters for the BCP, only a couple minor kart parts, I will say that my main being the Prancer, the wooden tires, and the Peach Parasol is generally the same.

Diddy Kong on 150cc, Funky Kong or Wario on 200cc. dunno exactly why these specific choices for each engine class, it just feels right to me ya know

He's in every Mario game in existence. He doesn't have anything special unlike Funky Kong, for example. People use him, especially in Mario Kart Wii, because him and the Flame Runner are simply the greatest pair. Mario doesn't really have anything like that! Same with Yoshi being the meta for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Mario is really just Mario if I'm being honest.

Yeah but he's Mario and Mario is cool. None of those other characters would exist without Mario. He's the most important one of the roster.

Also I thought Waluigi was the meta for MK8DX?

He was, until Nintendo decided to change up some of the stats for some characters, and since Wave 4 of the BCP, Waluigi Wiggler was dead. It changed to Yoshi and the Teddy Buggy, which will probably be the meta forever, at least for 8 Deluxe.

I main Dry Bones in MK8DX with the Biddybuggy, Azure Rollers, and either the Cloud Glider or Waddlewing Glider. It's got the best acceleration stat, and Dry Bones is a light, high-turbo class.

With Mariokart Wii it was almost always Yoshi and with Mariokart 7 on the DS it was usually Mario. LOL back when they still had online matches on Mariokart 7 for the 3DS I raced people from all over the world. I almost always lost, but it was still a ton of fun. Haven't played Mario Kart 8 but will be sure to play Mario Kart 9 whenever it comes out.

The only Mario Kart I play regularly is 8 and my main changes depending on the day. I'd say the most common ones are Toad, Shy Guy, or Lemmy though. I really don't care about the meta because I just want to be good at the game.

For me, in Mario Kart, the character stats are a big factor in which one I pick, so I often end up playing as different characters in one weight group instead of the same characters again and again. Now, my weight preferences depend on the game, for instance MK64 gives a huge advantage to lighter characters but in some of the later games the heavier characters are more favorable because of their speed. So, I guess I'll say my mains are Bowser, DK, Yoshi, and Toad, most often.

@KingBowser64 Interestingly enough it seems stats with characters and speed of their karts doesn't matter in online matches I've been in over the Internet on 3DS. Even if somebody has a kart that performs less adequately than me or has less speed they always seemed to beat me. I guess skill is more important than anything when competing with others online. Like, your character or kart could be disadvantaged, but if you utilize your skill well you can beat just about anyone.

Last edited:
Back