How good is your memory?

Cell

Perfect
Pronouns
Kie/Mer
Personally, mine is absolutely awful to the point I question if the Men In Black are following me around but somehow made themselves invisible, there have been times where I forgot things litterally two seconds later, it doesn't help that I have next to no recollection of my childhood, it stinks

Personally, mine is absolutely awful to the point I question if the Men In Black are following me around but somehow made themselves invisible, there have been times where I forgot things litterally two seconds later, it doesn't help that I have next to no recollection of my childhood, it stinks
Me: *Sets phone down in the most obvious place*
*5 seconds later*
*Is looking for phone for 50 minutes*

my memory is pretty much like what zelen said. if i directly care about it for its own sake, such as super paper mario lore, it stays easily but if it's something i'm only remembering for a very indirect purpose like physics notes (as tbh they don't interest me i do them cause good a levels -> good university -> good job -> money -> afford things that make me happy) then it's much harder to remember them even though i appreciate that i should

i thought occacionally immediately forgetting something you JUST thought of was a perfectly normal and common thing. aint it?

yeah i do that often

There has been a number of times where I've walked past something and thought to myself "Wasn't there something that I should be doing?".

I've kinda made it a habit to take notes and write down important events on my calendar.

mine is pretty ok, however sometimes someone tells me something and i just immediately forget it one second later. overall i have a decent memory but i tend to forget things

Well, considering I've memorized more than three whole books of the Bible and I can still remember them even though I haven't read them in a while, I'd say pretty good.

short term memory is atrocious i will misreplace my phone and yell in the house "okay google" like an ass just to activate and find it. car keys tend to get lost too.

I have good long term and short term memory. I can remember things that goes back to when I was three. I remember the forecasts of Hurricane Jeanne back in 2004. It hit the upstate of South Carolina as a tropical depression and we lost power I was living there for about two months. Before That I lived in Conway, not far from where I live in Myrtle Beach.

I remember seeing the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina on the news and it was awful. They said they said that 80% of the city was flooded and almost 1,500 people died.

Also in 2005, December to be exact, and Ice storm hit where I was residing at the time and trees and power lines was downed everywhere. It was so bad that my mother and father decided to give me a trip to my grandparents closer to the coast until the power was back on and the roads were safe again. I overheard that they said it was due to me most likely to die with a week or two without power and I spent two weeks at my grandparents. I am grateful because if I stayed there that long, I wouldn't be here posting this post.

In 2008, I remember Hurricane Ike and predicted that it would be retired. And that is when I first starting predicting name retirements the only year I got wrong was 2014.

And the last story for my good long term memory is that is 2016 Hurricane Matthew grazed the coast and evacuation orders were issued by the governor for everyone within a hundred miles from the coast and we didn't listen. But we rode the storm out and a trees in the backyard fell and later that night, what sounded like a gunshot was heard and it was a tree that got uprooted, thank god it missed any of the houses in our close knit neighbourhood. An then the power was out after an hour of hearing the boom. I went outside the net day and found a tree down at the end of the road blocking the power lines, then I went inside and told my mother an sister. It took THREE gruelling days for the power company to restore the power. It was a nightmare to be in.

I'd say that I have a pretty good memory, when it comes to things that I specifically want to memorize. For example, I'm good at studying notes, or remembering lines for a theater play. But when I don't focus specifically on memorization, I can forget almost anything.

Because I live
DEEP IN THE HEAAAARRRRRRT OF TEXAAAAAS!

Back