Super Mario Run 2

I think the problem with super mario run is that even by runner game's standards there are better runner games.

I wasn't talking about a new game style, rather a mode or something where you're constantly running. Granted these already exist in speedrun levels where you hold the run button and need to have split-second reaction time to get through, though some sort of option dedicated to it on top of some of the abilities from that game like parkour could make it more fun.
i don't think it would be worthwhile given it's already entirely possible to simulate this mode

If you want ti discuss about it, just do it somewhere else. THIS thread is for IDEAS.

I want the next 2D Mario game to be on the Switch, and graphically use the 2D promo art style. Break away from that tired NSMB aesthetic and make 2D Mario fresh again, without completely changing the type of game it is like Run did.

I want the next 2D Mario game to be on the Switch, and graphically use the 2D promo art style. Break away from that tired NSMB aesthetic and make 2D Mario fresh again, without completely changing the type of game it is like Run did.
yeah this sounds great. i do like nsmb aesthetic but a change would be refreshing

I think that Nintendo should abandon the New Super Mario Bros. series entirely, replace it with the Super Mario Maker series, and entirely revamp the gameplay, aesthetic, and story in the next 2D Mario game.

2.5D with 3D models on a 2D tileset looks bad, yeah. Go all the way or don't, don't half-ass it trying to look like you're going for an orthographic perspective.

hell, they already have the 2d designs nailed and put into a lot of recent games; why not actually make extensive use of the 2d stuff? it'll look so good.

Reactions: zel
I prefer 2.5D stuff. Something like the 3D world look in SMM2 but improved would be nice.

I like how Google search leads no discernible results for this game that claims that contains a "This IS a real project in development." as a Trivia point.

I like how Google search leads no discernible results for this game that claims that contains a "This IS a real project in development." as a Trivia point.
The game is in development by Unifans, along 5 other games.

Yeah uh, until I see images or footage of this so-called game (and especially the claim that they have five games in development lmao), it's make-believe.

I would rather prefer to see a 3D Mario game on mobile to counter the likes of Dragon Land on mobile and counter the new Crash mobile game. That will do Nintendo well. It should stand out from Subway Surfers, Temple Run, and that new Crash Mobile game. It should incorporate Mario platformer elements like the Fire Flower, Ice Flower, etc, and it should have a lot of playable characters including Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina. That would be a great way to make money.

My brother at Nintendo tells me they are working on a new Mario mobile game called Mario's Yacht

You have to help Mario build a Yacht by spending real money, once you spend that amount you get a picture of a Nintendo executive standing next to their newly acquired yacht with Mario's head photoshopped onto them.

Reactions: zel
My uncles are all retired.

Yeah uh, until I see images or footage of this so-called game (and especially the claim that they have five games in development lmao), it's make-believe.
Sorry. I just got an email from them, they are going to stop development for now. Yeah, I know this might sound very coincidental, but they are working a lot and need a rest. BUT they told they were gonna make a website.

You can't stop development if nothing has been started bub.🤷‍♀️

Sorry. I just got an email from them, they are going to stop development for now. Yeah, I know this might sound very coincidental, but they are working a lot and need a rest. BUT they told they were gonna make a website.
The game is in development by Unifans, along 5 other games.
B U L L C R A P

Nintendo is probably not making a second game because. A. Switch. B. Their mobile games FLOPPED! Among other things.

Back