Favorite Level In SM3DW

none of them, it's a bad game

sprawling savanna. the sunset is so beautiful, it has the cat bells, it has the cool open space, its got pretty solid level design overall, the star and the pipes was awesome, it has the coin hat block, it has cool music, its all around an awesome stage imo

I really like Mount Must Dash because of the Mario Kart reference, and I also like the Asian level in World 6 where you press the Gamepad to open doors (can't remember the name).

Edit: It's Hands-On Hall.

Last edited:
The Mario Kart course is tons of fun. I love how it's finally this game we had a Mario Kart reference for once.

I also like the ghost level courses due to the melancholic music. The game's soundtrack is pretty good, you've got pieces such as Double Cherry Pass and who could forget the Hisstocrat boss music, as well as the Bowser World one?

Oh, and the Beep Block levels, those were tons of fun as well.

none of them, it's a bad game

This post is bad and you should feel bad.

Mount Must Dash is the worst one because that's tangentially related to Mario Kart Wii, the worst Mario Kart in the series that dares call itself Mario Kart when it's just bikes, Funky/Daisy and item spam. ;P

Even something terrible like Mario Kart 64 I wouldn't go in a favorite course thread and post "none because it's a bad game". I still have a favorite track in that game, despite everything else going for it.

The level with invisible ground where Thwomps made it visible briefly in a colorful manner was pretty cool-looking. Footlight Lane, apparently.

I love the circus levels, i wish that aesthetic was in more Mario games. There's elements from it in SMM2's 3DW airship theme but it ended up being not quite as prominent as i was hoping, plus it's the fucking airship theme with terrible rising/falling screen you can't disable. anyway. more circuses in Mario games, and more clown bosses like Motley Bossblob too please, evil clowns are fun

i personally feel like SMM2 took the least interesting aesthetics from 3D World since it had to adhere to the same types of level as the other themes, i'd have put Sprawling Savannah for grass theme, Fort Fire Bros. for castle theme, perhaps Shadow Play Alley for underground theme

i personally feel like SMM2 took the least interesting aesthetics from 3D World since it had to adhere to the same types of level as the other themes, i'd have put Sprawling Savannah for grass theme, Fort Fire Bros. for castle theme, perhaps Shadow Play Alley for underground theme
agreed

i can't stop imagining how paper mario would work and a part of my will come to life inside if they do it

agreed

i can't stop imagining how paper mario would work and a part of my will come to life inside if they do it
Mabye Nintendo should make "Super Paper Mario 3D World" its the same thing exept that it has more dialogue and you get to see paper Rosalina for the first time and etc.

Mabye Nintendo should make "Super Paper Mario 3D World" its the same thing exept that it has more dialogue and you get to see paper Rosalina for the first time and etc.
not exactly sure what you mean but you should check out my suggestion on what I think would be a good new paper mario game:
Well I have several ideas, and I have a hard time choosing between them because I'd love all of them so much, but if I were to do the one that I'd enjoy most, probably just a Paper Mario game as follows:

• Fresh story with interesting, unique, and original characters, including several partners, as well as some returning ones.
  • Field gameplay which is basically like 3D Land/World but with some RPG elements mixed in (kind of like SPM but permanently in 3D and better executed). Battle system more or less what TTYD had but with a few tweaks e.g. I didn't really like the trash throwing thing, and Super guarding just got kind of boring as it didn't involve any strategy, it was just kind of practise but even with exceptional practise you'd almost inevitably fail sometimes. Look at impossible mode. I'd also like the option to turn the battle system off if you get me, since running around when you're doing stuff getting into a fight unintentionally can get a little frustrating. TTYD sort of had this with the Bump Strike (or whatever it was called) badge, but that only worked against enemies that were much weaker than you and was pretty hard to obtain in the first place. Obviously bosses would remain compulsory, but it'd be interesting to have a few which opt out of the turn based system. Brobot 1 in SPM was really creative in a way that TTYD's system couldn't replicate, sadly they just made it too easy.
  • Music of various styles, all composed perfectly to fit the situation.
  • Visual design - Color Splash looks amazing even though I've not played it myself. Doing this again would be great, but I'd also love for it to feel original in a way.
  • On a side note, I'd love to see Mario as the final boss. We had Bowser, Peach, and Luigi, and it could have been him on the 3DS or Wii U but nooooo they went back to Bowser twice in a row, the first one doesn't even talk. Not sure how this would work out in the plot but the easiest way would be to have the main villain defeated and then hypnotise Mario to turn against his partners, you play as his partners to defeat him and free him from the curse and end the villain's villainy.

I get that my idea for the gameplay probably isn't entirely sound within the community which is why really I think Nintendo should just bring back what TTYD had as that's what most people would enjoy the most, but personally I'd be interested to see how this one would turn out, and I want originality.

not exactly sure what you mean but you should check out my suggestion on what I think would be a good new paper mario game:
Ok your idea is nice! I imagine that kind everything is made outta paper and the worlds are made our of arts and crafts.
Im not sure about Mario being the final boss. Mabye a new villan I guess?

IDK why but I really enjoyed Sunshine Seaside, back when I rented 3DW, I'd always replay that level.

Also liked Sprawling Savanna and Rainbow Run a lot too.

Back