• Poll closed .

Mags

Me and my pencil
Pronouns
He/him
MarioWiki
Magolor04726
Not sure if this already exists, but...
Here I will put up a new topic each week, everyone will debate over which is better (Example: Mario vs. Luigi). Everything must be taken into account that is official about the character, location, game, whatever. Then, I will fire up a poll on the weekend (If I can remember to.) and it will be put to a vote. Afterwards, I will add to the list who won/lost. If no one posts, the debate will be suspended until one person posts in favor of each object.

As for a schedule, Monday is when new topics come up, Voting opens on Friday, Debates close on Saturday, and voting closes on Sunday.

First up: Gandalf vs. Dumbledore. (April 1-5, 2020) Who's more powerful as a wizard? Who's a better person? Who has the better beard? This will be decided this week!

3/30-4/5 Gandalf wins against Dumbledore!
4/6-4/13 Luigi wins against Mario!
4/14-4/20 Bowser beats Ganondorf?!
4/21-4/27 Mario & Luigi vs. Paper Mario

Last edited:
I personally cannot vouch for Gandalf, as I have neither read nor seen the entirety of the movies.
Well, Dumbledore is an amazing wizard. He knows basically everything there is to know about the wizarding world. I know I definitely would love to have gone to Hogwarts during his term as headmaster before, well, you know.

OK, no one has commented here, so maybe I'll just change the theme... if someone says something, I'll change it and do a new theme till next Sunday. Who thinks it should stay on this, and who thinks I should change it?

Well, I vote for Gandalf. I think he's a somewhat better person as Dumbledore made some questionable decisions. He also has multiple "forms", namely Gandalf the Grey and Gandalf the White. His beard is pretty cool too. My reasoning isn't the most convincing, but I just like him better. Besides, considering the analogues the HP series has to LotR, I bet Dumbledore was partially inspired by Gandalf.

It is time: vote now!

Poll closed! And the winner is... (Drum roll)
Gandalf!

New topic! Who is better: Mario, or Luigi? Who would win in a fight? Who would do better in rescuing a princess? What about rescuing each other? Who has the better mustache? You must include all of these in your answer, as well as whatever else you want. Also, don't vote Luigi because, Luigi, be legit.

luigi is better
because mr l
because hes the ideal host for the chaos heart
because he did all that crazy feats in ttyd side quest
becaues his dreams open the portal to another dimension where he clones indefinitely? not played dream team and dont want it spoiled for me
because hes always displayed stuff like jumping higher and whatnot
this could also explain why hes afraid of ghosts because hes worried they could possess him

mario would do better at rescuing because hes got more experience at heroism, even though luigi is more powerful
luigi gets scared easily, so mario would save luigi more easily than vice versa
mario has the better mustache, im not a fan of luigis shape with the two big bits

luigi is simply awesome

I like Luigi more because:
1. He has more of a personality than Mario (Luigi is a bit of a scaredy cat while Mario is a normal hero).
2. Mario keeps taking the spotlight, and although Luigi deserves more of it (more games for example), he still cares for his brother.
3. He can jump higher, making him more unique than Mario.

Overall, although Mario has more experience with saving Princess Peach, Luigi saved Mario (but Mario never saved Luigi), so I suppose they have similar experiences. As for who would work n in a fight, it depends, because although Luigi has a better jump, he has worse traction, causing him to slip and slide more than Mario.

Yes! These are debates! Your supposed to sway the people voting for the other thing to your side!

Well, Mario is definitely a superior hero, Luigi I would say has more experience saving his brother, but Mario is indeed a flat character, meaning his personality doesn't change. Luigi's doesn't change much either, but I think he definitely isn't as afraid at the end of Dark Moon, seeing as how he adopted the Polterpup. And hey, you gotta love the underdog.

As you can tell, Luigi is the underdog and far less popular then Mario, just look at all of the posts in support of Mario, there's so many.

It is time! Due to a few complications, the same poll will be used over and over, so you will have to re-submit your vote to prevent voter fraud, and due to the lack of pro-Mario statements, I'm going to assume those who voted for Gandalf in the last round will want to change their votes. Vote for the better brother!

*Ding ding ding!*
Stop! STOP! The fight is over! Luigi reigns victorious!

And now, for this week's topic:
Ever wonder what goes on in places devoid of light, a place where darkness reigns in the hearts of the most evil of villains?
Yeah, me neither.
However, we will decide that this week! This will be different, though. This time, I will provide the first villain, and you guys will provide the second. I will decide between the first three people to PM me a second villain.

This time, it shall be...
Bowser! VS! The unknown villain!
Who is a more fearsome foe? Who is most likely to succeed in on of their plots? Who would be the first to rule the kingdom? Find out this week, in The Ring! Of! Madneeeeesssssss!!

So far, I've only gotten one reply, and I'll decide tomorrow so we can start. Send me ideas, folks!

Darn, the poll closed before I got a chance to vote.

Mario keeps taking the spotlight, and although Luigi deserves more of it (more games for example), he still cares for his brother

I don't believe Mario is intentionally trying to take up all the spotlight, he's just doing his job as the protagonist of the franchise. Luigi has been receiving a sufficient amount of spotlight and games since 2013 and it really hasn't shown any signs of slowing down yet.

(but Mario never saved Luigi)

He's rescued Luigi in Super Mario Galaxy (Ghostly Galaxy), Superstar Saga (The Crane in Woohoo Hooniversary), Super Mario 64DS (King Boo in the mirror room), and Super Mario 3D Land (Special World 1 Castle).

Last edited:
OK, so between the two votes I have received, I have decided on Ganondorf.
So. Bowser VS. Ganondorf. The brutal baddie battle. Heavyweight hustle. Who will win?!

I choose Ganondorf. He's the king of evil. He has dark magic and he gets revived/reincarnated all the time. He has the Triforce of Power. I think he could defeat Bowser if they fought each other. Bowser is defeated by a plumber (albeit a skilled plumber) while the Triforce or some similar great power is needed to defeat Ganondorf generally. Ganondorf has succeeded in his plots and defeated the hero a few times (though he eventually got defeated later) while Bowser always seems to fail once Mario arrives. Also, Ganon's schemes are somewhat more varied while Bowser usually just repeats the same thing over and over again.

Really depends on which Ganondorf we're talking about here, OoT Ganondorf I'd argue is pretty much on par with Bowser if slightly more cunning. He ominously sits waiting at the top of his Tower for Link to show up so they can play discount-Mario Tennis before the tower collapses and finally decides to hulk out for one last battle to the death.

Stop! !Arretez! Woah! Bowser has won!

And for our next topic: RPG time, baby! Which is more fun? Paper Mario (As a series) or Mario & Luigi (Also as a series)?! Flat Mario, or the Marvelous Duo?! Which has better gameplay? Which deserves a next game? And what do you think of the crossover? Find out this week in the Ring! Of! MADNEEEEESSSS!!!

Back