Circulated rumor of content for Super Mario Bros.'s 35th Anniversary

You Watanabe

Koops, King of Cowards.
They will do something about this year, that is for sure, but one thing I see being brought up that I doubt would happen is a new Paper Mario that supposedly celebrates Mario's 35th anniversary. Why? Because it's Intelligent Systems who is in charge of the series. And why is that a problem? Well... another big series made by Intelligent Systems celebrates its 30th anniversary this year as well. If they're gonna focus on one it would definitely be that one more than a Mario spinoff that Nintendo is already gonna provide things for the main series anyway.

A Hungarian Mushroom

Otherwise known as a "goomba"
guys, look at the date. these rumours started a few days before april fools. there's no way nintendo is going to release 5+ mario games in the same year.

*patiently waits to be proved wrong*

You Watanabe

Koops, King of Cowards.
Which series is this?
Fire Emblem.

I think at this point in time Intelligent Systems has that as their priority over Paper Mario, but it could still go either. I'm just saying that if Mario has a major event and all that don't get your hopes up that much about a new Paper Mario, much less one that returns to the old style.

guys, look at the date. these rumours started a few days before april fools. there's no way nintendo is going to release 5+ mario games in the same year.

*patiently waits to be proved wrong*
If you're a video game company currently having emergency meetings to decide whether you should do your truly hilarious April Fool's joke this week, let me make it easy for you: Absolutely not

Empress Of The Dark Winds

Candy hearts and paper flowers
So, this looks more likey with the Paper Mario part of the rumor coming true.
I also believe the same leaker said we're getting content that was supposed in July direct on Thursdays, so, yeah

Brawl Mario

Super Smash Bros.'s most fearsome Mario
To be fair, Paper Mario could've been predicted since it's nearly a full development cycle since Color Splash.