Post Mario music you're listening to.

Very good video, the kids it's made for will love it.

Waluigi Cup - Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

I've now decided that Nintendo should stop getting their in house composers to make music for Mario games, and just get composers from other companies to do the work.

god i JUST finished listening to this from mario maker 2
unknown.png

this is a super bop by the way

Yeeeeees GaMetal is amazing and this inspired me to go listen to his Adventure's End remix again...gosh this brings back memories

ah well i'm trying to avoid listening to DT OST, including remixes, until i play the game for myself.

sacred somnom woods came in XXXIX on my list, but that was because someone used it in a youtube video which wasn't really about DT and someone pointed out in the comments where it came from

ah well i'm trying to avoid listening to DT OST, including remixes, until i play the game for myself.

sacred somnom woods came in XXXIX on my list, but that was because someone used it in a youtube video which wasn't really about DT and someone pointed out in the comments where it came from
Eh the video contained final boss spoilers anyway, hence the spoiler tag.

Just know that DT's final boss theme is amazing and will blow your socks off.

I love Mario & Luigi: Dream Team's OST (No wonder why it's my favorite Mario & Luigi game, and my second favorite Mario RPG). Honestly, it's difficult to pick a favorite.

So, one of my favorite music from Dream Team: Mysteries of the Cave. Good that they didn't went with another remix of SMB Underground theme for that one.

Grant Kirkthrope for Mario + Rabbids invokes a lot of nostalgia for me. I love it.

Reactions: zel
oo i had m+r music in my head earlier but then it kinda bonked off my brain and i cant get it in my head anymore so i just kinda defaulted to gusty garden galaxy
ok a few minutes after typing this it just kinda popped back. i dug it up which was

Oh yes, Hoppers is one of my favorite tracks in the game. That bassoon, omg.

Reactions: zel

If you like Diddy Kong Racing's soundtrack, here's the highest quality variants available, go check it out!

The concept of a high quality version of a games soundtrack reminds me of the work of Jammin' Sam Miller, who's restoring the Soundtrack for the original DKC Trilogy by finding the workstations used to make the music for those games, and then using the uncompressed synths to redo the songs from scratch.

Playlists for reference:
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3

Also I find it amusing that a channel dedicated to uploading high quality versions of Video Game OSTs exclusively uploads music from N64 games.

Super Cartography Bros. - OCRemix
Website - SoundCloud

Not necessarily a song, but it'd be pretty hard to for me to choose a specific song to talk about from this album, and as I keep on listening to the whole thing over and over again, I might as well talk about it as a whole.

Super Cartography Bros. is a remix project, directed by Flexstyle, which attempts to arrange the map themes from multiple Mario games, in the style of EDM. It sounds like a bit of a weird idea at first, but I think it actually works as the map themes are often short, looping songs, a trait it shares with a lot of EDM. Most of the songs here are actually really good, there are some that I didn't enjoy as much as the rest of the album, but nothing I'd say is bad. Something that I'd argue it has over most other albums published by OverClocked Remix, beyond the quality of the songs, is the consistency as well. Keeping all of the arrangements under a single genre gives it it's own feel, rather then "here's a bunch of Video Game songs we arranged". Many of the songs I couldn't actually recognise, yet they also managed to rank among my favourites, which I think is a testament to how good these arrangements are by themselves.

The album also contains Club Edits of all of the songs, and a DJ Set, which is split up into individual files, or one long song (the DJ Set is what I listened to while I wrote this post).

If I had to choose my favourite songs from the whole thing, then I would choose:
-Where the Wild Things Are
-Do Yoshi What I See?
-2D Beat
-Goomba Stomp
-PL41|\|

Out of all of these, Do Yoshi What I See? is the only one I know what it is an arrangement off. Despite these songs being my favourites, as I said before, most of the music here is great, so I'd recommend listening to the entire thing (this is assuming you enjoy the style of music here).

Also, I feel I should mention that songs here aren't treated as most OCRemixes are, which means they aren't listed on the website outside of the album, and haven't been uploaded to the YouTube Channel (Caravan Bowser is the exception here). This the reason I've only linked the website and SoundCloud above.

Apologies for double posting, but this album is too good and I need to talk about it somewhere.

What I like about this track is the juxtaposition between the careless, almost jolly fiddle violin and the more grave-sounding organ and chorus before the part where it loops. It makes me feel tense, a fitting mood for the race course the music this plays in.

I think the acoustics fit with the theme if you ask me. Not really "jolly", just adds to the "airyness" of the music. Sounds like minor.

It'll sound a lot better with the windy ambience like you usually hear in Mario Kart DS or Mario Kart 7.

Dunno if Mario Kart Tour botched this version.

Back