Things in certain Mario games that annoy me to no end.

i absolutely hated the action command for using tattle. utility moves like that shouldn't have action commands.

They were all pretty easy so it's just kinda fun. If you didn't like it then you didn't like it but the Wii was new and the game was meant to pull in casual players so it seems apt to not make it always compulsory but just a short minigame to get a boost

It's not that I don't like what the Wii was trying to do. But like, if it was so easy then why have it in the first place? It's just a little waste of time that you have to comply with for your item to do you good.

And saying that it was intended for casual people doesn't suddenly make my complaint less valid. These action commands are still more annoying than anything fun. I could make a point about the core gameplay being decent but this is not one of the reasons.

It's not that I don't like what the Wii was trying to do. But like, if it was so easy then why have it in the first place? It's just a little waste of time that you have to comply with for your item to do you good.
it was meant just be a quick easy fun

And saying that it was intended for casual people doesn't suddenly make my complaint less valid. These action commands are still more annoying than anything fun. I could make a point about the core gameplay being decent but this is not one of the reasons.
just saying why i thought they did it. were they right? id say it was fine, changes things up a bit, gets motion controls in there, doesnt really harm anything, or get in your way, if you dont want to be interrupted dont use an item, i think the majority of young casual players would like this kind of thing, my nine year old self included

In Strikers Charged, I cannot get past Diddy in the Crystal Cup. Been trying for years.

Meh, I don't mind any of the action commands. Gives me something to do while attack animations are going on. I'll concede on Tattle though since that's not really an attack and Paper Mario did it without one and it worked just fine there.

Last edited:
In Strikers Charged, I cannot get past Diddy in the Crystal Cup. Been trying for years.
Probably need to practice timing for goalie-hopping/cheesing with your deke. It also helps to practice blocking Mega Strikes too, as once you can just block whatever orange-powered balls throwing your way, computers can't really do a thing to you.

I find that in my playthrough years ago, Toad and Boo made up a lot of my goals, Boo in particulary since the goal-phasing timing isn't as strict. I had Dry Bones just because she's super manueverable and just good to have around when others are knocked down. Mario's there because I like him, but he fits whatever the situation calls for (he's also the strongest kicker in my team) and he's maneuverable enough.

I usually go Mario, then a defensive/playmaker, offensive/power, and a balanced sidekicks.

My team's strategy is to just cheese through goalies rather than pass balls around or use skill shots, as well as be as quick and mobile as possible to keep the ball under my control while also dodging those that try tackling me (so offensive and power are out of the equation), so I don't know what yours are. What are you attempting to do with that combo?

I don't know, just keep a good balance, but your way sounds better.

Back