Things in certain Mario games that annoy me to no end.

64-Bit Nintendo Machine

64 Bits of Power!
In Super Princess Peach, I remember that there are rooms that contain poison gas that can only be blown away with Joy. It still comes back to get you so you can't make it go away permanently. This is from when I was like six or seven and it still haunts me to this day.

8-Airship from Mario 3. Enough said.

Darker side part with Glydon, you have to use him to glide across the void but I found that he falls too fast and more often than not, I die.

Getting all star coins in NSMBU. I've done it but it's not easy.

Some parts of Super Paper Mario and TTYD (as much as I do love both those games) annoy me

Also I can't save in TTYD's pit of 100 trials. I'd love to do it, but I just don't have enough time to complete it without saving

Dying to something repeatedly that I never normally die to.

I personally found SMW2: Yoshi's Island's collectathon mechanics to be obnoxious and unfun. In my personal opinion, making the red coins barely distinct from regular coins and being revealed anyway by a magnifying glass to be pointless and all it does is to force you to meticulously search large areas of coins for it, and a lot of the red coins are found in areas where it rewards you for exploring and experimentation anyway.

The coin item in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the most unfun item in any Mario Kart game and it pollutes mono-item races (you can get doubles of it in mono item races as well). I hate it.

Also I can't save in TTYD's pit of 100 trials. I'd love to do it, but I just don't have enough time to complete it without saving
In such a case for me, if playing on console I would just flip off the TV and leave the game on the pause menu between battles, if playing on emulator I'd save-state (or use the cheat that lets you bring up the save prompt wherever, which actually i believe you can get that to work on console too with the Practice Codes, since they are activated by a hacked save file)

Speaking of Super Princess Peach in the OP, there's also those rooms that ambush you with a fucking wall of fast blindfolded Boos which not only creeped me out but was pretty sudden, you have to cry to run fast enough to outrun them. It wasn't till years later I realized the genius of the blindfolds though- they can't see you so they are immune to you looking at them.

if playing on console I would just flip off the TV and leave the game on the pause menu between battles
thatd expend a lot of pwoer
if playing on emulator I'd save-state
only got the bom version and i want to do it using the original game, preferably on the gc
i believe you can get that to work on console too with the Practice Codes, since they are activated by a hacked save file)
gamecube isnt hacked, plus id prefer it to be more legit than that

Dr Potters nearly gave me a heart attack.

Is that Luigi's Mansion 3

I don't have that game

I do.
That human-eating plant of his scares the living daylights outta me!

Speaking of Super Princess Peach in the OP, there's also those rooms that ambush you with a fucking wall of fast blindfolded Boos which not only creeped me out but was pretty sudden, you have to cry to run fast enough to outrun them. It wasn't till years later I realized the genius of the blindfolds though- they can't see you so they are immune to you looking at them.
[/QUOTE]

I can remember that section in Bowser's Villa. I think I got hit by them like once or twice but those were EZ.

Fucking collecting every damn Toad in the fucking game to access the final boss. WHY?! Kirby 64 at least got you an ending but this. You can't even finish the damn game till you get 100%. If this was the SMG4 universe, I don't think Mario would be rescued. Least Bowser would be hospitable.

Last edited:
Is that Luigi's Mansion 3
www.mariowiki.com , look it up, folks!!

I Ian remember that section in Bowser's Villa. I think I got hit by them like once or twice but those were EZ.

Fucking collecting every damn Toad in the fucking game to access the final boss. WHY?! Kirby 64 at least got you an ending but this. You can't even finish the damn game till you get 100%. If this was the SMG4 universe, I don't think Mario would be rescued. Least Bowser would be hospitable.
Consider it an extension of the whole "but the plumber is in another level" schtick.

Oh, I found Thousand-Year Door overall to be the pinnacle of little annoyances in the Mario series that prevent me from enjoying the game as much as I did 64. I don't like watching the audience if they're going to throw shit at me or not. I don't like how every little thing has an action command (including using a bloody tattle, I'm surprised there's no action command for using an item). I don't like the stage hazards like the falling buckets, the falling scenery, the frozen hoses, the fog, and the audience in general. I don't like the random roulette that pops up. Collecting an X amount of Shrine Sprites to bring back to Merlon is far more annoying than hitting the upgrade block and upgrading your partner as soon as you hit it.

I feel like no other game has this much little annoyances to me as this game. It doesn't compare to the major annoyances like the coin item in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe but I found it frustrating at points that degrade everything else good about TTYD, you know?

And it's annoying and full of crappy motion stuff.

You can't replay old bosses in Mansion and Mansion 3.

You use items to make your life easier in battle.

Imagine accidentally screwing up the action command and then it turn out your item didn't do what you want.

They were all pretty easy so it's just kinda fun. If you didn't like it then you didn't like it but the Wii was new and the game was meant to pull in casual players so it seems apt to not make it always compulsory but just a short minigame to get a boost

Action commands can also feel a bit repetitive at times, especially for something like the hammer where pulling it off is brainless. Some of them are a bit more intuitive such as pressing a button sequence but most of them are extremely easy to master and don't really add much depth to the battle system. Dodging or reducing damage from enemies is funner, though, since you get to read and remember patterns.

It reminds me of the action commands for special attacks and tattle in TTYD. Sure it's kinda amusing the first time but it just makes the pacing of battles come to a halt.

Back