Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Chrom Fire Emblem said:
iirc they're doing it with the new animal crossing too

"BUY NINTENDO SWITCH FOR CLOUD SAVES btw heres a bunch of cool first party games which dont support it"

We are talking about a game that's in-sync with the system's calendar though. Game data would be heavily affected if you do any kind of time traveling, which can easily explain why the next Animal Crossing title will not support Cloud Saves.

We are also talking about a game that expects the player to pour hours of their time into it, making losing your save file absolutely devastating if you don't have a cloud save, and Nintendo has made that devastating situation more likely because you can't create a cloud save at all.

Leo Luster said:
We are also talking about a game that expects the player to pour hours of their time into it, making losing your save file absolutely devastating if you don't have a cloud save, and Nintendo has made sure that devastating situation while happen because you can't create a cloud save at all.

Well, Mr. Resetti needs his job, and he hates cheaters as well. But this is getting off-topic.

MnSG said:
Chrom Fire Emblem said:
iirc they're doing it with the new animal crossing too

"BUY NINTENDO SWITCH FOR CLOUD SAVES btw heres a bunch of cool first party games which dont support it"

We are talking about a game that's in-sync with the system's calendar though. Game data would be heavily affected if you do any kind of time traveling, which can easily explain why the next Animal Crossing title will not support Cloud Saves.
why care if people ""cheat""" its goddamn animal crossing not competive overwatch

Honestly I think this is the start of the end for Pokemon, at least on console. I honestly think that Nintendo and Gamefreak's next move should be, believe it or not, PC games.

If storage space is that much of an issue in Pokemon Games that they're having to cut some Pokemon, then maybe the issue is that they refuse to move on to a different medium of games.

Wheatley said:
Honestly I think this is the start of the end for Pokemon, at least on console. I honestly think that Nintendo and Gamefreak's next move should be, believe it or not, PC games.

If storage space is that much of an issue in Pokemon Games that they're having to cut some Pokemon, then maybe the issue is that they refuse to move on to a different medium of games.

That is pretty much the downside of transitioning over to 3D models. Storage space would be less of an issue if 2D sprites were still used, but it would also feel quite primitive on a high quality gaming console.

Sure, the news about the dex is disappointing. Sure, the graphics looking average is disappointing. However, I'm still hopeful that these games are going to be fantastic. For all we know, these games still might be amazing. I won't let the removal of some Pokemon hinder my experience of the games. I'm looking forward to using new Pokemon.

MnSG said:
Wheatley said:

That is pretty much the downside of transitioning over to 3D models. Storage space would be less of an issue if 2D sprites were still used, but it would also feel quite primitive on a high quality gaming console.
Time to appropriate fan games and maybe not shut them down!!! :D

Storage space is not an issue, dude.

i think storage space is hardly a problem. like for example, all of ness's files pertaining to his model in smash 4 add up to just under 1 mb. mutiply that by 1000 and it then takes up only a gig of storage space. characters in mario kart 8 deluxe don't even break past 2 mb. even uncompressed raw model files aren't all that big, with 5 mb being charitable. of course i didn't factor in sound but they make like only a 2 sec voice clip at most and that'll likely be compressed. switch cartridges can have up to 32 gbs of storage space, which is a lot.

if the measly 3ds cartridge can handle which has a max size of 8 gb this i fail to see how a switch can't

Princess Mario said:

Storage space is not an issue, dude.

Even if storage space isn't the issue, think about what caused Triple Battles and Rotation Battles to get thrown out the window. While 2D sprites didn't have performance issues, having 6 Pokemon models present at the same time during a battle really had a negative impact on the 3DS's frame rate.

Princess Mario said:

I think Nintendo may actually be making some steps in that direction, if Cadence of Hyrule is anything to go by. It's not the same situation of course, but it's rather close in spirit. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

More Pokemon and trainers were announced, and here they are now!

First off, there are two new Gym Leaders: Bea (Fighting) and Allister (Ghost). Note that Allister is a lad, and he has that mask, so I guess he's sort of a... Shy Guy.
5aOcgW2.png
4jL2aJ7.png

Then there's Chairman Rose, who seem to be in charge of the Pokemon League, and Oelana, his secretary:
180px-Sword_Shield_Chairman_Rose.png
180px-Sword_Shield_Oleana.png

And perhaps the Pokemon is the one people want to see, and there's some new ones. Besides Yamper, who was announced earlier, we have:
- Alcremie (Fairy), with Sweet Veil
250px-Alcremie.png

- Rolycoly (Rock), with Steam Engine/ Heatproof
250px-Rolycoly.png

- Duraludon (Steel/Dragon), with Light Metal/Heavy Metal
250px-Duraludon.png

Gigantamax is probably the closes we could get to Mega Evolution, since it's not only Dynamaxing a Pokemon, but it changes their appearance as well. Two such Pokemon affected by this are Drednaw and the aforementioned Alcremie:
885x.jpg

gigantamaxalcremie-charmillygigamax-gigadynamaxpokusan-alcremiegigamax.900x.jpg

Thank you for reading.

I’ll definitely add Alcremie to my team, it’s very adorable!

Nice to see Mega Evolution 2. Why aren't they just normal evolutions so they at least won't die with dynamax when it's removed in the next game.

I think putting this new steel dragon up against Tyranitar was a bad idea, Tyranitar looks so much better that they shot themselves in the foot.

Sakura Matou said:
Nice to see Mega Evolution 2. Why aren't they just normal evolutions so they at least won't die with dynamax when it's removed in the next game.
I've been wanting true evolution for weaker legacy Pokemon since Generation 5, honestly.

Dr. Mario said:
I've been wanting true evolution for weaker legacy Pokemon since Generation 5, honestly.

If certain rumours prove to be correct, this could happen though the nature of it is still unclear.

Thank you for reading.

galarweezing.png

Posh Weezing has a freally amazing design. Not only does it look like it's wearing a top hat, but it looks like a smoke stack as well and the smoke is used as a mustache. I love it.

Weirdly enough, this is probably gonna be the first Pokemon I play. This is because my friend can't afford to buy a Switch yet but she wants to play it when it comes out, so she'll let me play her copy in exchange for using my Switch. This is especially weird because my older siblings started playing Pokemon in Gen 1 but I just... never played it (other than breifly playing someone else's), probably due to being younger and all. I considered getting Pokemon Black when it was new, but I never did. Of course, they stopped playing them as much after gen 4 anyway (though my friend's been devotedly playing them since gen 6).

Anyway, I'm thinking of going with Grookey for my starter. (I know this entire post isn't relevant to the new info but this is the first time I've even looked at this thread.)

One of the rumours that were mentioned for this game is regional evolutions, but the examples outlined in the rumours were not being used to introduced it, and while I would be eager to mention that Pokemon, that would have spoiled the surprise in case they could still happen. In fact, Obstagoon is a very unexpected choice for introducing a regional evolution. This is probably similar to how X & Y introduced the Fairy-type, but the first ones introduced to have it were Jigglypuff, Marill and Gardevoir (the rumour listed Clefairy and Togetic instead, neither of which were known until the games' release).

Thank you for reading.

Morpeko's going to be one of my additions to the team, though I don't like its Hangry form at all.

Back