Your pet peeves in the Mario series

Mcmadness said:
I like Mario being a midget.
That would make Bowser the size of an average American and that's lame as hell no matter how you spin it

Saltman said:
He looks perfectly normal. It is well known that Mario is Homo Nintendonus and not Homo Sapiens.
I don't believe in outdated and illiterate science

LeftyGreenMario said:
That would make Bowser the size of an average American and that's lame as hell no matter how you spin it

Bowser's size is completely inconsistent.

Remember for the first several years/games he was barely bigger than Mario.

Long John Spaghetti said:
Saltman said:
Evidence?

The 1993 Nintendo Character Guide classifies Mario under the species "homo nintendonus".[40]

- Mario Wiki

It can't even properly capitalize "Homo" so I have even less reason to follow that canon.

Mario Kart doesn't let me pick my opponents and this bothers me massively.

Mario's height still hasn't been officially changed to 64 inches. Because it works so well and is a decent height for him and any human, really. Screw the metric system. (Disclaimer: I like the metric system, but it won't work for the joke.)

J — Pony Disguise said:
Mario's height still hasn't been officially changed to 64 inches. Because it works so well and is a decent height for him and any human, really. Screw the metric system. (Disclaimer: I like the metric system, but it won't work for the joke.)

Since I can't do maths, i'll need to ask for Mario's height in Feet.

Long John Spaghetti said:
J — Pony Disguise said:

Since I can't do maths, i'll need to ask for Mario's height in Feet.

He's about 5'3".

64 inches is about 5'4''. I know this because I'm 5'6'' and so have done that calculation of 66 (formerly 65) inches a lot. It also helps that I always remember right off the bat that 5 times 12 is 60. I like arithmetic, don't judge me.

Nintendo should just bite it and make 8 bit versions of all mismatched Mario outfits for the 8 bit segments because it's irritating that I see Mario in overalls when he's clearly wearing a dress with an astronaut helmet.

I really don't like not being able to turn off the music in the Mario games. At least Odyssey post-game lets you switch to a more ambient track. But that music in Super Mario Maker also is prone to getting irritating, and there's no way turning it off but leaving on the neat sound effects.

Mcmadness said:
Whenever people say [...] that Bowser ain't all that bad.
I think Bowser would get offended.

I mean sure this isn't the devil we are talking about here but cmon people.

He's bad.

He likes being bad.

Mcmadness said:
Super Mario world giving mushrooms even when I'm full powered up annoys me.
Also those Mushrooms becoming a hazard if you have a better item in your reserve slot, because that Mushroom will replace the superior item.

At least SMW has a reserve slot unlike 2D games post NSMBDS, which have the inventory from SMB3 that is far less useful because it can only be used before starting a level. It also makes picking items up mid-level useless, because the only way you can get items is from minigames outside of the levels.

Just bring back the reserve slot already, it's not that hard.

It always mildly annoyed me that Baby Bowser is called "Prince Bowser" in Partners in Time.

Being King is generally irrelevant to age. You are only a prince if there is someone in the family above you already holding the title of king and we know that is not the case. That is why all the yoshi games always call it "King Bowser's castle" despite being a child.

Surely Bowser must have inherited his throne from someone, and given the durability of his species, I find it hard to believe his father managed to get killed while he was still a baby. What if he was around, and we just didn't see him? Heck, what if the castle from Partners in Time belonged to the prince, while the king had his own bigger castle somewhere else, and it was inherited to Bowser Jr in the present, hence why the face on it still looks young. Would make sense that the Koopa King would want his son to be raised in his own castle, grooming him in preparation for his time as king, and that would be Kamek's job to raise him.

I'm convinced there wasn't even a koopa kingdom before Bowser arrived.

Kamek just did his looking in the future nonsense and raised Bowser to be the leader.

He probably just came from a stork like all the other babies and never had any parents.

Team Kirby said:
Well, in some places you can't be king until you're a certain age, holding the title of "Crown Prince" until you're old enough to be king. Crown Prince Bowser, anyone?

And even that is an inaccurate title since even as a child Bowser still held absolute authority. Partners in Time is wrong. He is a King. Not a prince.

Back