Your pet peeves in the Mario series

Here's the fantastic story for the next Mario Kart that I posted on the Discord a while back.

Long ago there was a go-kart war to get a legendary kart for racing, in the end the winning side decided to destroy it, turning it into seven pieces that only a clash between light and dark could summon

Modern day Mushroom Kingdom, Peach is unveiling a new theme park based around go-karting, when suddenly a mysterious cloaked figure appears, takes over the theme park and it tells Mario and friends that if they want their theme park back they must first beat his trials.

Each World is a zone of the theme park, taken over by villain of the Mario series and turned into a death trap more reminiscent of their character. At the end one of the characters must fight the character that took over the zone, Mario Vs. Wario, Luigi Vs. Waluigi, Peach Vs. Bowser, DK Vs. K. Rool, etc.

At the end of the game the mysterious hooded figure reveals that the whole reason he made the heroes fight the bosses was to cause a clash between light and dark, which would summon a piece of the legendary go-kart. He teleports each of the hero's piece of the kart into his hand, and pieces them together to summon the legendary go-kart. He then challenges the heroes to a race, but before the race starts he takes of his cloak and reveals himself to be Bluster Kong, he then transforms into Leo Luster and then one of the playable characters must race him.

In the end the heroes win, the theme park is returned to normal, and the power of friendship turns out to be more powerful then a mysterious go-kart./

Even after being the villian he will be remembered a straight up honest guy, who would gladly give his life for the average passer by

Alright, I'm going to go into a little rant. Not a mindless rant, but a rant nonetheless. Why? Mr. L x Daisy. ...ok...this is not because I'm a jealous fangirl, but more of a character conscious fangirl. The first thing this ship did wrong was make Mr. L a sexually orientated type. Take for instance saiiko's comic. His main goal is to try to get Daisy in bed. With him. The second thing they did wrong is removing Daisy's tomboy nature. Again, going back to saiiko, she completely allows Mr. L to take advantage of her, without any fighting or even a snarky remark. The third, and final, thing wrong is Mr. L flirts with Peach. So, if anything, Mr. L would be with Peach, not Daisy. Thank you for coming to my TedTalk.

- "BUT HE HAS ANOTHER PERSONALITY"

On a side note, ok, it may be a different personality that contrasts to Luigi greatly... but it still is generic. You see way too many villains who simply are overconfident in their own skills. And Mr. L doesn't have any real motivations, he is just a husk doing as Nastasia commands. Which actually makes it so that he actually has literally no personality.

I'm not a fan of people accepting Luigi x Daisy (or even Mario x Peach) as 100% indisputable canon. Sure there's hints here and there but I think any shipping in the series is up to fan interpretation unless it's characters from a specific story who actually tied the knot (aka Bobbery/Scarlette, Timpani/Blumiere)

Specially since Nintendo is afraid to go any further than light teasing for Mario and Peach.

I have a pet peeve when people start talking about sexuality and super mario

Waluigi isn't a meme character. People nowadays just take memes too far (both those who love memes and hate them).

Back in the day, Luigi was a way bigger meme than Waluigi could ever dream of being. He had bigger and more widespread memes like Weegee, Mama Luigi, the Luigi Death Stare, "Luigi Wins By Doing Absolutely Nothing", and the internet loved him for it and was able to separate the memes from the character. But nowadays, you're either a filthy memer or an edgelord, there's no in between.

And besides, he's a Mario character. If a guy wanting to be popular by participating in zany sporting events in a world that's just as nonsensical breaks your suspension of disbelief then I don't know what to tell you.

I like Waluigi, he's a weird and unique character that reminds me of Tingle (my favourite Zelda character), however I don't like how the internet portrays him as this guy who just goes 'Waaa'. He's considered a joke and it seems he'll only be remembered as a meme, and as someone who genuinely likes him I wish people saw him differently then that.

They meme Waluigi because without it the guy has nothing going for him.
You can argue that any Mario character has nothing going for them.

Back