The most annoying voices

Funky Kong appears in Mario Super Sluggers.

And I want him coming back in Mario Kart.

Putt-Putt said:
He appears in one Mario game, so by that logic Inkling, Link and Villager are Mario Characters.
His debut was in a Mario-related game, as previously he was an accessory that didn't actually appear in the games. His first appearance in a game was actually in WarioWare, so he could be considered a Wario character too. The same cannot be said for Inkling, Link, and Villager.

Also, he appears in two: Mario Kart DS and Super Mario Maker.

Tatanga being an alien, hypnotizing every Sarasalandic (?) except for Daisy and trying to take her away also makes me think even more about her possible alien origins.

Or he just wants to get with a human.

Works too, as far as I know, there are no humans in Sarasaland (from what we've seen anyway...)

King Dedede said:
Putt-Putt said:
He appears in one Mario game, so by that logic Inkling, Link and Villager are Mario Characters.
His debut was in a Mario-related game, as previously he was an accessory that didn't actually appear in the games. His first appearance in a game was actually in WarioWare, so he could be considered a Wario character too. The same cannot be said for Inkling, Link, and Villager.

apparent prerequisites for being a mario character:
-video game debut in a mario game, regardless of if it was already released as a physical item irl
-appear in more than one game, even if the second is just a glorified cameo in mario maker

using this set of criteria, i'd like to suggest who the newest mario series newcomer to smash bros should be:
bbe.png

i was gonna put something on-topic here to try and rerail the thread from getting too off-topic, but i've just realised i have no strong opinions on the subject, so whoops. sorry lol

I actually do want a car playable.

The only voice I find annoying is Orange Luma's voice. You hear it all the time.

Mario Party X said:
I actually do want a car playable.

Stunt race FX rep when

I hope that's the correct name

Bucken Berry said:
The only voice I find annoying is Orange Luma's voice. You hear it all the time.

Ok I was wrong. The babies' voices in Mario Kart is far more annoying.

Isabelle said:
As if he's even a Mario character in the first place.

It's like saying Link or Isabelle are Mario characters.

You can't really compare Funky Kong to Link and/or Isabelle. This might be arguable to some, but Funky Kong can be considered part of the whole Mario Universe, since the Mario Universe consists of the Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario franchises. Whereas, Link and Isabelle are not affiliated with the Mario Universe whatsoever (they're merely guests from different universes).

I mean yeah...

But Funky is even more out of place than them and I think he has ever appeared in a Mario game just as much.

Again... I guess Donkey Kong is a sub series of Mario, and all information about the series is in in the wiki anyway... so...

Yukiho Hagiwara said:
King Dedede said:
Putt-Putt said:

apparent prerequisites for being a mario character:
-video game debut in a mario game, regardless of if it was already released as a physical item irl
-appear in more than one game, even if the second is just a glorified cameo in mario maker

using this set of criteria, i'd like to suggest who the newest mario series newcomer to smash bros should be:
bbe.png

i was gonna put something on-topic here to try and rerail the thread from getting too off-topic, but i've just realised i have no strong opinions on the subject, so whoops. sorry lol
The GLA has the most annoying voice ever. Period.

GLA makes the best engine noise in Mario Kart 8 so nah

[quote author=King Dedede]
The GLA has the most annoying voice ever. Period.
[/quote]
Try not bumping into cars you klutz.

is this even a legit question?

There's only one correct answer.

Daisy_MP10.png

And this is not because Mario Kart DD, i actually never found that one quote annoying but i choose this character because the whole point of her existence in the present is to be obnoxious and annoying , end of the story.

plus her voice ALWAYS overpowers the rest and you can clearly tell if you play Mario Party, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis and so on.

Toad. Toad. TOAD. The whole Sticker Star fiasco only made it worse. Bowser Jr. as well, especially since the Koopalings he's constantly "competing" with have more likable teen-like voices. While I'm inclined to say Daisy, I never played DD and was never exposed to the horrors of "HI I'M DAISY".

I also hate Smash!Diddy's chimpanzee screeches, and going further into Smash (hey, the wiki has articles on them), I can't stand Sonic's and male Pokémon Trainer's voices (the female Trainer is fine though). On a related note, I'm glad that Toad is silent in Smash, since Peach is one of my mains.

I would hardly say Bowser jr's competing with the koopalings. Like it's not even a contest.

I am reminded of how utterly awful the Mii characters sound in Mario Kart 7 and Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart 8 makes me sound like a mouse

I don't know why they decided to give your avatars the most obnoxious voices possible, from Mario Kart 7-8, to the Wii U menu screen. At least they sound like people in Smash Ultimate and Mario Kart Wii.

Yeah I prefer Miis with no voice at all. I don't think many people like to imagine themselves sounding like some bloke.

I'd be happy if you could record your own voice for them, but if they did allow that the audio quality would probably clash with the rest of the game so nah...

Back