New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Switch Port Rumors

How much deep reactions that supposed rumor got us into lol.

Well, it's nothing compared to the Mario + Rabbids hysteria, so we're not there yet.

But Mario + Rabbids actually turned out great, but we're talking about a port here.

Actually...

Excellent point here, Shadowshy, talking about this is useless. We better wait until it's actually officially confirmed, THEN we rant.

i mean there's nothing too crazy about a New Super Mario game being on the switch.

A miracle would be that they wouldn't even think in doing it.

Those games are so basic and overall the same that i don't know why someone would want them at this day and again , i would much rather have 3D World ported with Daisy or Yoshi added than this shit.

Yeah, even the most credible rumors sometimes turn out false. That old Switch VC rumor seemed like a no-brainer for Nintendo, but guess what? They instead incorporated NES Online into their subscription service.

Besides, I already feel that this subscription service will be a huge failure for Nintendo.

The leak is made by Liam Robertson, a game journalist. I don't know what his track record is though but I don't see what's the harm in discussing about a rumored game. If it turns out to be true, then okay I guess. If it turns out to be false, oh well.

MHp4vAC.jpg

he's somewhat reliable but on the other hand...

If this turns out true, and there is a NSMB thing incoming, I really want Nintendo to go all out on this game. Not simply "new levels, a bit of other stuff", I want everything to be cool and stuff like that.

It would probably be simpler to port something or make a simple "new level edition" but eh.

I just want a 2D Mario that feels different. Doesn't have to be super innovative or anything, just feel different, like how 3D world was notably different from 3D Land despite being based around the same gameplay concept.

Well, I made a video reaction to the rumors.

So you made the effort to put a video together of a bunch of extremely common reaction clips instead of just youtubing them and linking them here.

Right.

Mcmadness said:
So you made the effort to put a video together of a bunch of extremely common reaction clips instead of just youtubing them and linking them here.

Right.
Because I had the sudden urge to do so. I used 17 year old Maria Renard from Castlevania SOTN, Marty McFly from Back To The Future, and Steve Carell (Michael Scott) from the Office. Those reactions show my exact feelings. I wanted to group them together in a chain.

I also made this.

New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario 3D World are talking about repetitive plot about Peach being kidnapped.

You know what I find repetitive?

Your posts constantly balking at the idea of Peach being kidnapped in New Super Mario Bros. games.

Peach being kidnapped is more or less a tradition. Yes, they can try something new sometimes but they wil always go back to what they traditionaly do.

Besides Mario games don't have any sort of depth aside Rosalina's side story in Galaxy 1, so making a simple formula that everybody is familiar with and likes is never gonna go wrong with Nintendo.

I'm not opposed to Peach getting more playable roles in main titles however i would much rather have her in Super Princess Peach 2 or something since at least to me she doesn't remotely work too well in NSMB Titles and was totally obliberated by Rosalina's presence in 3D World.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
You know what I find repetitive?

Your posts constantly balking at the idea of Peach being kidnapped in New Super Mario Bros. games.
That's because I, along with several other people, including Peach fans, are tired of this same monotonous plot and want a break from it just like how Super Mario 3D World did for a nice breath of fresh air and for a change of pace for once by having the Sprixie Princesses be kidnapped in place of her. The last two NSMB games were boring because of this reason. We want Peach playable just like in SMB2USA and Super Mario Run. We want it without having her be kidnapped like in Super Mario Run. We want it to be just like SMB2USA and Super Mario 3D World, not like SMR. Peach never got her turn to shine in an NSMB game for lame reasons. Peach needs to be playable in the next NSMB game to make up for the missed opportunities in NSMB Wii and NSMBU for bullshit reasons especially after Super Mario Run implemented her. Especially after the ending to Odyssey, I feel like they could make a major change.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Peach being kidnapped is more or less a tradition. Yes, they can try something new sometimes but they wil always go back to what they traditionaly do.

Besides Mario games don't have any sort of depth aside Rosalina's side story in Galaxy 1, so making a simple formula that everybody is familiar with and likes is never gonna go wrong with Nintendo.

I'm not opposed to Peach getting more playable roles in main titles however i would much rather have her in Super Princess Peach 2 or something since at least to me she doesn't remotely work too well in NSMB Titles and was totally obliberated by Rosalina's presence in 3D World.
Yeah, but as the AVGN (The Angry Video Game Nerd) said "You can't do the same thing all the time, but every now and then it's good to bring it back".

I mean yeah, it never was that much of a problem when it comes to main Marios. Peach's pretty much the OG damsel-in-distress, can't do anything about it.

However, even with that, they can twist it in a way that no one is familiar with, and then BOOM! Peach is still kidnapped, Bowser wants da booty and he is not playing games, but this ain't your typical Mario game, for we have relayed X and Y and Z challenges to go through, plus this time, Mario has a talking hat! Use that!

Yeah, if they can find a way to make the game itself unique, and make Peach kidnapped in a way she never was before, you can really cast that issue (as if it was that big of an issue to begin with) aside.

Now for NSMB. It's supposed to be a simple game, like Super Mario Bros. I mean that's clear in the title. It's Super Mario Bros, but with "New" slapped into it. We don't need a story that goes beyond the boundaries of Peach getting kidnapped!

There you go. Don't get me wrong, I like playing as Peach when the option is presented to me in a main game, but I wouldn't mind not seeing that either.

Lucario said:
I mean yeah, it never was that much of a problem when it comes to main Marios. Peach's pretty much the OG damsel-in-distress, can't do anything about it.

However, even with that, they can twist it in a way that no one is familiar with, and then BOOM! Peach is still kidnapped, Bowser wants da booty and he is not playing games, but this ain't your typical Mario game, for we have relayed X and Y and Z challenges to go through, plus this time, Mario has a talking hat! Use that!

Yeah, if they can find a way to make the game itself unique, and make Peach kidnapped in a way she never was before, you can really cast that issue (as if it was that big of an issue to begin with) aside.

Now for NSMB. It's supposed to be a simple game, like Super Mario Bros. I mean that's clear in the title. It's Super Mario Bros, but with "New" slapped into it. We don't need a story that goes beyond the boundaries of Peach getting kidnapped!
People have been wanting a playable Peach for years in the NSMB games. Nintendo never gave it. It took them until a Super Mario Run a stripped down NSMB game for mobile devices. It didn't do her that much justice when she should've been playable years ago in NSMBWii and U. I want Nintendo to make up for it by changing the story for NSMB Switch to make her playable.

There you go. Don't get me wrong, I like playing as Peach when the option is presented to me in a main game, but I wouldn't mind not seeing that either.

Yeah, she is along with Pauline. But there's a time for a break. Super Mario 3D World managed to take a break and no-one ever complained.
They've done everything so far, as well as have some new villains doing it, but after Odyssey, there's nothing else left. It's best to move on rather than continuing to beat the same thing into the ground.
People have been begging for a playable Peach for years in an NSMB game, but we never got it. Instead it was only in a stripped down NSMB, Super Mario Run. It didn't do justice. People want her in a full fledged 2D Mario after Super Mario Run, not a stripped down one like SMR. It would good for Nintendo to change the story to have Peach playable from the start just like SMB2USA and 3D World. A change wouldn't hurt a bit.

Good thing my favorite character is Mario so I don't have to make constant posts complaining about how important he is.

even so , no matter the way you wanna put it, NSMB games aren't that great so honestly regardless of who appears and Peach's role and whatnot is still gonna be super bland.

SMR has Peach on it as playable and is still hot garbage so honestly this is not the right game series for these complaints.

Newer Super Mario Bros. + Baby Mario Bros. Mod = match made in heaven

Russian Baby Luigi said:
Newer Super Mario Bros. + Baby Mario Bros. Mod = match made in heaven
Yeah, but the game crashes in World 8 in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii due to memory overload.

But StupidMarioBros1Fan's amazing mods including a playable Peach and Daisy = Awesome
StupidMarioBros1Fan makes some really cool mods.

Swiftie_Luma said:
even so , no matter the way you wanna put it, NSMB games aren't that great so honestly regardless of who appears and Peach's role and whatnot is still gonna be super bland.

SMR has Peach on it as playable and is still hot garbage so honestly this is not the right game series for these complaints.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. DS are great.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
Yeah, but the game crashes in World 8 in Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii due to memory overload.

Only if you use the most recent version of it. It doesn't crash if you use the variant where Baby Mario is a recolor of Baby Luigi.

The devs could barely even fit World 8 on Newer in the first place so drastic modifications will bound to cause crashes especially on that map. Heck, I'll be willing to bet Peach and Daisy will crash on that world too, because their mod is just as complex, if not more, than my Baby Mario Bros. mod.

Princess Mario said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. DS are great.
Yeah, they are great. But as for NSMB2 and NSMBU, they're meh due to not being nearly as groundbreaking as NSMBDS and NSMBWii. We need a major shake up with some new elements like new gameplay ideas which I talked about in my ideas for New Super Mario Bros. Switch thread and video.

Back