New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Switch Port Rumors

As much as this port feels kinda unnecessary, it was bound to happen. Nintendo been porting most of their Wii U games to the Switch nowadays, so having this kinda made sense.

On the other hand people didn't buy a Wii U with the game so that's probably why it's here.

Legit did a double take when "Peachette" showed up.

Odd that they dropped the Blue Toad instead of the yellow one. They've really been pushing the blue one more with SM3DW and Daisy's neutral B in SSBU.

with Peachette being a thing i am seriously question Miyamoto's involvement in this.

I am not certain he would be ok with that.

In the end that was just an excuse to make Peach playable in some form without changing the Mario saves Peach plot line.

looks like they were able to animate the dress this time around , fufufufu

Swiftie_Luma said:
with Peachette being a thing i am seriously question Miyamoto's involvement in this.

In the end that was just an excuse to make Peach playable in some form without changing the Mario saves Peach plot line.

This is a weird day in humanity.

I think it's kinda cute myself. A weirder take on the series usual transformations.

Literally why not just use Peach. They'd not have to change a single thing about the plot other than the character that's screaming in the background during the Bowser fight, which doesn't impact gameplay at all, and maybe a slightly different intro scene. Keep Toadette but use the Peach mechanics for the genuine article.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Literally why not just use Peach. They'd not have to change a single thing about the plot other than the character that's screaming in the background during the Bowser fight, which doesn't impact gameplay at all, and maybe a slightly different intro scene. Keep Toadette but use the Peach mechanics for the genuine article.

I think Nintendo went lazy on this one.

Pancham said:
Swiftie_Luma said:

This is a weird day in humanity.

overreacting much?

Pancham said:
I think Nintendo went lazy on this one.

Ignoring the fact that it's a port. When looking at this specific thing, the idea that they had to create a new character specific power-up which in turn changes toadette into a different character model with a unique costume is the lazy idea?

You do realize how silly that sounds right?

Peachette is stupid.

There might be a chance that she'll be unlockable after being rescued but who knows, if it doesn't then we'll hope for NSMB Switch to have her. Nintendo should listen to that. StupidMarioBros1Fan did make it possible for her to be playble in NSMBWii with his mod. Blue Toad should replace Peach when we play as Peach though just as how another toad took her in the ending of SMR with Peach.

NSMBU_Deluxe_Boxart.jpg

Here's the boxart, by the way.

So they're dropping Blue Toad. That's fine; we never needed both Toads anyway.

Toadette/Peachette and Nabbit are likely there to make up for Boost Mode. It and the Boost Mode Challenges will be dropped for obvious reasons (no touch controls, second screen, or fifth controller). Regardless, this looks much better than I thought. I think I will buy this.

Calling it now, tho--Peachette is going to be the eternal 2nd place to PGP's eternal 1st place in the Fail Awards for worst character. I know, my priorities are weird, but... c'mon, I don't think I'm that far off.

As for my actual opinions... I still dunno why they removed Blue Toad (some people just don't WANT to have a special gimmick, y'know), and having both the base game and Luigi U in a bundle IS nice, with Nabbit being in the original, but...

Okay, I'm gonna say it--this is the first NSMB game in the series I'm not really excited for. Yes, this does mean I liked all the entires before (sue me), and YES, I know it's a port, but this... I don't really like this, or at least what I've seen of it so far. And that's a shame, because, as I said, I've liked each entry before this! But this compilation with these haphazard new features (and haphazard lack of some) is... Eugh, no thanks. I might as well stick to the Wii U for this one...

Hey, when I thought of four female characters for a new (pun kind of intended) 2D Mario game, I figured Peach, Daisy, Rosalina, and Toadette. The other three (with Peach being a supported character) aren't playable but Toadette is. I thought of Toadette because she could easily be the female Toad. Like she is in this game.

Camwoodstock said:
Calling it now, tho--Peachette is going to be the eternal 2nd place to PGP's eternal 1st place in the Fail Awards for worst character.

Can it really be worst character when it's just a power-up though?

:koopa:

Mcmadness said:
Camwoodstock said:
Calling it now, tho--Peachette is going to be the eternal 2nd place to PGP's eternal 1st place in the Fail Awards for worst character.

Can it really be worst character when it's just a power-up though?

:koopa:

also this. People are just so quick to overreact i honestly doubt they are above 20 with that mentality.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i think Yellow Toad can turn into Daisy if he gets the right power up.
I think you mean Daisette. Kappa

She won't be #2. Not with Baby Rosalina running around.

Baby Rosalina is ''inactive'' as of today, only appearing in MK8 and the port so far.

PGP actually managed to get out of MK8.

So it's easier to say who is the worst offender.

Then again i can totally see Nintendo doing some crazy shit like a Partners in Time x Galaxy crossover just for the sake of making Baby Rosalina a thing.

smh

you know, i'd buy a partners in time x galaxy crossover day one, no lie

unless BL gets replaced with BR and you gotta save BL

Shut up.

The best friends are those you can tease :babyluigi:

Back