New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Switch Port Rumors

If we were to get a new New Super Mario Bros. game, here's what I'd like to see:

+More playable characters. Doesn't matter if they have different abilities or not. Let us pick the Mario characters we want to use.
+Have a hub level where you can unlock stuff for a gallery or whatever. Think of Yoshi's Island DS's Island Museum, that which is probably the best addition from Yoshi's Island DS.
++Do NOT restrict playable characters so player one is forced to be Mario
+Design levels that take advantage of the power-ups functionality. Balance the power-up distribution. Take advantage of Yoshi's abilities for example, don't leave him to only a few levels per world.
+More interesting world themes. New Super Mario Bros. U attempted this, but didn't go far enough in that direction. Newer is a great example of what you could do with more interesting world themes, even if they did turn out to be somewhat similar to the original.
+Better boss fights. Again, New Super Mario Bros. U attempted this, but it still fell rather flat
+Better soundtrack. NSMB soundtracks range from "okay" to "totally terrible"
+Online functionality for multiplayer.

Swiftie_Luma said:
even so , no matter the way you wanna put it, NSMB games aren't that great so honestly regardless of who appears and Peach's role and whatnot is still gonna be super bland.

SMR has Peach on it as playable and is still hot garbage so honestly this is not the right game series for these complaints.

Hey, I still stand by the DS NSMB being quality shit.

Russian Baby Luigi said:
If we were to get a new New Super Mario Bros. game, here's what I'd like to see:

+More playable characters. Doesn't matter if they have different abilities or not. Let us pick the Mario characters we want to use.
+Have a hub level where you can unlock stuff for a gallery or whatever. Think of Yoshi's Island DS's Island Museum, that which is probably the best addition from Yoshi's Island DS.
++Do NOT restrict playable characters so player one is forced to be Mario
+Design levels that take advantage of the power-ups functionality. Balance the power-up distribution. Take advantage of Yoshi's abilities for example, don't leave him to only a few levels per world.
+More interesting world themes. New Super Mario Bros. U attempted this, but didn't go far enough in that direction. Newer is a great example of what you could do with more interesting world themes, even if they did turn out to be somewhat similar to the original.
+Better boss fights. Again, New Super Mario Bros. U attempted this, but it still fell rather flat
+Better soundtrack. NSMB soundtracks range from "okay" to "totally terrible"
+Online functionality for multiplayer.
Yeah, that too.

Alongside that
+Add the ability to go super saiyan like do a power up crash which takes inspiration from the Item Crash in Castlevania games from Rondo of Blood onwards.

New Super Mario Bros. DS >>> Super Mario Bros. 3 and I stand by that.

Roll and Maria Renard said:
I used 17 year old Maria Renard from Castlevania SOTN, Marty McFly from Back To The Future, and Steve Carell (Michael Scott) from the Office.
I find it odd that you mentioned the actor for Michael Scott but not for Marty Mcfly.

Czario said:
I used 17 year old Maria Renard from Castlevania SOTN, Marty McFly from Back To The Future, and Steve Carell (Michael Scott) from the Office.
I find it odd that you mentioned the actor for Michael Scott but not for Marty Mcfly.
Oh yeah, Michael J Fox. I forgot.

Tomorrow is the real day of the Direct. I truly am feared about it. I really am praying for the port to be not true. I want it to be false as I want to see 3D World ported instead. I would look forward to Super Mario Run DX though or Super Mario Maker 2.

Tomorrow is the real day of the Direct. I truly am feared about it. I really am praying for the port to be not true. I want it to be false as I want to see 3D World ported instead. I would look forward to Super Mario Run DX though or Super Mario Maker 2.
Please stop bumping this and let this thread die. Thank you.

just ignore the port if it exists

Russian Baby Luigi said:
just ignore the port if it exists
Yeah, and I'll wait patiently for NSMB Switch or a new original 2D Mario game that isn't called NSMB.

This is now official, with Toadette playable and replacing Blue Toad. She is able to transform into... Peach, Really? which allows her to do a... kind of float.
2000qbT.png

3b6VmBP.png

I guess this ruins our chance for an NSMB Switch.
picard-facepalm.jpg

I really hope they make Peach playable after being rescued, just like in Super Mario Run.

I liked how that game had her be playable.

If it doesn't happen then I'll wait for NSMB Switch for Peach to be playable and not kidnapped.

I guess Peachette is the closest to a playable Peach for now. What a disappointment. I guess I'll wait for StupidMarioBros1Fan to finish his mod. Nintendo should have taken notes from StupidMarioBros1Fan.

And now Pink Gold Peach officially has competition for the worst unnecessary Peach clone ever created. And I thought that Fog Imposters were bad.

Relax. It's just a port.

Peachette looks and sounds like something from Fantendo. I'm not even kidding!

I'm not disappointed, I just find this hilarious. We now have a game with "U" in the title for the Switch. That's such a crazy long name.

Peachette kinda makes sense, but they could have just had you unlock Peach at the end like SMR. In any case, I don't think I'll buy this since it looks like the exact same game I already own except with Toadette, Peachette, and Nabbit (who was already in NSLU anyway). Even the graphics look identical.

I guess this ruins our chance for an NSMB Switch.
I don't think this ruins it. This is probably just to hold us over for an all new game (as new as NSMB can be anyway), just like they're doing with the Luigi's Mansion port and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Sgt Nate V said:
As a youtuber said: "Now we will have fan theories about Peach being a Toad that was turned into a human using a magic crown".

Moldomré said:
Right. That's the problem.

No. It's not a problem. Just don't buy it and move on with your life.

YoshiEgg1990 said:
Sgt Nate V said:
As a youtuber said: "Now we will have fan theories about Peach being a Toad that was turned into a human using a magic crown".

But that's just a theory!

Peachette is the closest we'll ever get though to a playable Peach and Daisy for now. I will wait for StupidMarioBros1Fan to release his playable Peach and Daisy mod though and I will wait patiently until NSMB Switch is announced with Peach and Daisy playable.

Back