Mario Flash Games

YoshiFan2012

*Gulps down a Goomba*
Remember Super Mario flash games? I use to play them alot when i was 9-10, one of my favorites i would say is the Koopa revenge game and the Super Mario Sunshine flash game.

IDK if it counts, but Super Smash Flash 2 is definitely worth trying out.

I have played too much flash games for my own good so much that I literally don't remember any I've tried.

Princess Mario said:
There's also been an update recently that adds Pichu to the roster, so now's a better time to start playing it then before.

Oh god, I played those all the time 12 years or so ago. I even made it a point to try each and everyone of them I could come across. The quality of them... varied. Greatly.

Solid Snake said:
Princess Mario said:
There's also been an update recently that adds Pichu to the roster, so now's a better time to start playing it then before.
Thanks to these comments, I played SSF2 for the first time yesterday! It's pretty fun and feels very close to a real Smash game (besides the features that would never be in an official Smash). I even found a way to use the Wii U GCN controller adapter on my PC, which I am very pleased about since it not only makes SSF2 much easier to get used to but it also can be used for other PC games rather than a lousy keyboard.

I tried out Super Mario 63 once or twice in the past and I would like to play more of it sometime. I also played a bit of Unfair Mario and that similar Cat Mario game, neither of which are exactly what you'd describe as "fun"...

I used to have fun with Super Mario Flash 2, which let you make levels in SMW style. It was way less user friendly than Super Mario Maker today, but it had elements SMM lacks, like placing things on a second layer and having only that layer scroll, allowing vertical scrolling, and setting places for the camera to lock (allowing for better usage of space without the next section awkwardly on-screen at the end of another). I played with it a lot in school whenever the teacher wasn't looking in classes with computer and Internet :P

I just spent a little time with Monolith's Mario World. I remember as a kid I was so amazed by it... I even dreamed about it once. :D

Marie said:
Solid Snake said:
Princess Mario said:
Thanks to these comments, I played SSF2 for the first time yesterday! It's pretty fun and feels very close to a real Smash game (besides the features that would never be in an official Smash). I even found a way to use the Wii U GCN controller adapter on my PC, which I am very pleased about since it not only makes SSF2 much easier to get used to but it also can be used for other PC games rather than a lousy keyboard.

I tried out Super Mario 63 once or twice in the past and I would like to play more of it sometime. I also played a bit of Unfair Mario and that similar Cat Mario game, neither of which are exactly what you'd describe as "fun"...
I played Smash Flash 2 also last Friday. It was pretty fun!

I remember that "barely a game" flash game from years ago that was just Mario running right with a shotgun killing SMW enemies.

Mcmadness said:
I remember that "barely a game" flash game from years ago that was just Mario running right with a shotgun killing SMW enemies.

believe me or not, that was my introduction to mario. (either that or the mario DOS game)

MARIO COMBAT

Mcmadness said:

Super Mario Rampage?

Yes. I haven't played that game since I was 4 and I remember it.

I've recently been looking back at the Mario flash games I've played. This was back in the mid 00's for the most part. There's a website that had a section of Mario games and my favorite was Super Mario War. Another one that stood out was Super Mario PC fun 2, since it was really clunky to play. (There's also other versions of that game). Another one that technically isn't a "Mario" game, but a crossover game that was called ogonbryn, which was a "beat-em up" style game with really strange cutscenes.

I also played Smash Bros Flash, Mario Sunshine 64/Mario 63, Mario Rampage, Mario Castle Defense, Super Mario Crossover. (I also played Mario Rampage in school computer class, and the teacher was wondering why Mario had a gun).

This reminds me that MarioWiki has an article about a Super Paper Mario flash game officially made by Nintendo as a tie-in. But the game itself seems to be lost media and I hope it's found and added to that big Flash preservation project thing before it's too late.

I'll give props to Super Mario 63 for saving me from boredom during free period in my high school days. But other than that... Eh, I'm too bougie for flash games; never felt the urge to play them when I can play the real deals anytime.

Back