Super Mario Party

I myself have been playing this, and so far, the best Mario Party since..... Ever!

A wide variety of modes, a vast variety of playable characters, vast minigames, it's more like the first 8 Mario Parties, and Bowser being a full playable character I didn't see coming.

I really like how polished this game is. Like, all of the character animations, the unique dialogue when you get a character, the party plaza, etc.

I swear all the compromises they made for goomba's animations due to him not having any hands is hilarious.

I know this is just one guy's opinion, but some person in GameFAQs just said this game lacks "charm" compared to the older games and I beg over my Wario-married body to differ. This game reeks with charm. The idle dice block animations, the faces characters make when they advance or regress places, the constant high-fiving, the Paratroopa that takes your photo in that River side mode, the character voices (which are reused from earlier games but they're better than the Mario Kart 8 drivel), how my character faces my friend's partner character when my partner is working with a dice block, the winning and losing animations (Luigi pouts and twiddles his fingers when he loses for instance), the idle animations in the plaza (characters stretch, and Luigi even sneezes) the little partner quips, Toad and Toadette's dialogue, how your character evilly laughs at the person you used a Poison Mushroom on, the pancake minigame... no, this game oozes with charm. I'm not sure what that poster is smoking aside from nostalgia roses, but the better graphics by default allows more expressive characters (facial expressions, body movement). I know Mario Party 2 had the amazing Look Away minigame but that's one minigame.

Somehow I missed the post with that shiny golden board. I'll bet all 10 stars, all 304 of my coins, and all 3 of my orbs that board is the final unlockable one.

Princess Mario said:
I know this is just one guy's opinion, but some person in GameFAQs just said this game lacks "charm" compared to the older games and I beg over my Wario-married body to differ. This game reeks with charm. The idle dice block animations, the faces characters make when they advance or regress places, the constant high-fiving, the Paratroopa that takes your photo in that River side mode, the character voices (which are reused from earlier games but they're better than the Mario Kart 8 drivel), how my character faces my friend's partner character when my partner is working with a dice block, the winning and losing animations (Luigi pouts and twiddles his fingers when he loses for instance), the idle animations in the plaza (characters stretch, and Luigi even sneezes) the little partner quips, Toad and Toadette's dialogue, how your character evilly laughs at the person you used a Poison Mushroom on, the pancake minigame... no, this game oozes with charm. I'm not sure what that poster is smoking aside from nostalgia roses, but the better graphics by default allows more expressive characters (facial expressions, body movement). I know Mario Party 2 had the amazing Look Away minigame but that's one minigame.

This is the most expressive Mario Party has ever been. Up till now the animations have always been stiff and shite.

My freind bought this game yesterday, so me, him, and 2 others played it. Holy *bleep*, this game is ridiculously fun! We played in King Bob-Omb's Powderkeg Mine, and we did 20 turns. The tension in the room was insane! I'll definitley get this game sometime soon for myself!

Question for those who have the game currently: In Pep Rally (the rhythm game where characters hold cards) and Take A Stab (the rhythm game with stabbing fruits), are there any other characters besides Bowser, Rosalina and Waluigi that doesn't use stools?

Thank you for reading.

i dont think so

I think its a very nice touch , it really makes them stand out as they are the tallest characters.

speaking of tall, having played this a little bit, I feel like Bowser's size actually makes him slightly harder to play for certain mini games due to not being able to as effectively see whats right in front of you.

Did you use Goomba yet just for the lels?

Not yet, I had to be my boi

Seems like Bowser is the only one with a slightly different ending than everyone else.

Well, Bowser obviously can't object to his own victory.
Wish they did more with using Junior to subvert it rather than just doing a 1:1 with what Bowz usually does.

>Mario Party 10: Majority of the returning character's victory and losing animations are recycled from this game.
I don't think they are from MP10, as I recall the animations is from Star Rush/The Top 100?

CamTro said:
>Mario Party 10: Majority of the returning character's victory and losing animations are recycled from this game.
I don't think they are from MP10, as I recall the animations is from Star Rush/The Top 100?
The Star Rush animations were reused from MP10.

They might be from Mario Party 10, but I've never played the game so I can't call myself the Mario Party extraordinaire for playing all Mario Party games.

I know for a fact their voices are recycled, and tbh, I have zero problem with that, Mario Party 10 voice clips are really good.

Yes, the winning and losing animations are from Mario Party 10, so the wiki is correct. Star Rush/The Top 100's animations are not the same as MP10's.

I'm laughing like a idiot over Goomba becoming the Superstar. Can you imaging losing to a Goomba? A whole crowd losing to a Goomba?
Goombella would Headbonk me for sure.

One baby step for the Goomba, a huge step for Goombanity.

It's been set in motion, people! They're finally taking over the world!

Yo said:
It just hit me - this game has Toadies! They hold up the board with the rules on it.
According to Challenge Road and Kamek's Tantalizing Tower, they are referred as a "Magikoopa".

Is it an NA English vs EU English thing? (I have the AU version)

Back