Super Mario Party

I don't think you can play 50 turns. It's 10, 20, and 30 is unlockable (if I recall correctly).

I know you can unlock DK if you complete River Survival 3 times. You even see the bastard with the crowd if you complete your third landing spot.

Oh btw this happens if the other guy doesn't want to hi-five you.
mC8wYeV.jpg

Pizza Time! said:
Yo said:
It just hit me - this game has Toadies! They hold up the board with the rules on it.
According to Challenge Road and Kamek's Tantalizing Tower, they are referred as a "Magikoopa".

Is it an NA English vs EU English thing? (I have the AU version)

I don't own it, but they are referred to as Magikoopas in the European edition, according to the Wiki.

Pizza Time! said:
Yo said:
It just hit me - this game has Toadies! They hold up the board with the rules on it.
According to Challenge Road and Kamek's Tantalizing Tower, they are referred as a "Magikoopa".

Is it an NA English vs EU English thing? (I have the AU version)

Mario Party has made this exact error before. Toadies were called the "Magikoopa Orb" in Mario Party 5 after being corrected as a "Toady Orb" in Mario Party 6.

I just played my first round of this. Played as Bowser, and witnessed one of the dumbest CPU actions in history. Waluigi wasted his coins to buy a Poison Mushroom and threw away the Poison Mushroom he already had. I wish I had a video but my Switch was out of space when I tried.

Seems like typical CPU shenanigans.

CPUs like them is probably one of the reasons Mario Party is my second favorite series overall.

Sadly, the much coveted Mario Retardy Mode is not in this game.

I like that the CPUs act dumb in this game. Sometimes they just go in circles instead of going for the star, and one time CPU Waluigi stole a star from Wario instead of me even though I had the most stars.

MarioFan632 said:
one time CPU Waluigi stole a star from Wario instead of me even though I had the most stars.

No, I swear, I didn't take control of Waluigi in that time.

Fawfultheghost64 said:
I just played my first round of this. Played as Bowser, and witnessed one of the dumbest CPU actions in history. Waluigi wasted his coins to buy a Poison Mushroom and threw away the Poison Mushroom he already had. I wish I had a video but my Switch was out of space when I tried.
I was playing the Star Battle in MP8 yesterday, in the first battle. I played against Blooper, and he constantly wasted his candy. One time I had a Cashzap Candy and he used a Weeglee Candy to steal it. He rolled a high enough number to steal it, but to my relief, he chose a different path from me. How dumb.

He also once used Bowlo Candy when I had no coins to steal...that was even dumber.

In Castaway Bay, Wario took the raft that takes him closer to the final space, even though Bowser was on play.

I think he just snubbed the Shadow Star right under Daisy's nose via that raft. All in one turn, may I add.

J & Siph said:
Clearly he was trusting in the heart of the ? spaces. What a fool.
Well... uh, if I recall correctly, his dice roll count exceeded what he needed to land on the Happening Space.

Princess Mario said:
I don't think you can play 50 turns. It's 10, 20, and 30 is unlockable (if I recall correctly).

I know you can unlock DK if you complete River Survival 3 times. You even see the *bleep* with the crowd if you complete your third landing spot.

Oh btw this happens if the other guy doesn't want to hi-five you.
mC8wYeV.jpg

I remembered in a Gamespot video, the Waluigi player didn't high-five so the others glared at him. What would happen if 2+ people do not participate in a high-five?

Thank you for reading.

The game just continues, actually, into the menu.

Question for the rhythm minigame "Time to Shine": To my knowledge, Waluigi is always the demonstrator for the dance moves (prove me wrong if that's not the case). Therefore, if Waluigi is one of the playable characters, is the demonstrator random, or is there some form of priority?

Thank you for reading.

There is a form of priority. Waluigi appears to be default, but if he's being used, Luigi's the model. If both Luigi and Waluigi are there, Peach is on the stage. Not sure who's there if Luigi, Peach, and Waluigi are players, and of course not sure who's there if it's Luigi, Peach, Waluigi, and that previous character.

I did make a recent post on the Mario pictures thread that should've answered the question. :P

Princess Mario said:
There is a form of priority. Waluigi appears to be default, but if he's being used, Luigi's the model. If both Luigi and Waluigi are there, Peach is on the stage. Not sure who's there if Luigi, Peach, and Waluigi are players, and of course not sure who's there if it's Luigi, Peach, Waluigi, and that previous character.

I did make a recent post on the Mario pictures thread that should've answered the question. :P

When did you post it? I don't see it, except for a posing Luigi. I have seen screenshots of Rosalina posing once, so I guess she is in too.

Thank you for reading.

The posing Luigi IS from Time to Shine. :)

This is the full screenshot.

Super_Mario_Party_-_Time_to_Shine.png

I'll be happy to do a Waluigi version too :)

I think you should post your findings on the Wiki page if able. So basically we currently know the instructor priority is:
1) Waluigi
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) ?
5) ?

Thank you for reading.

Rosalina is one of them, so remember that.

winstein said:
I think you should post your findings on the Wiki page if able. So basically we currently know the instructor priority is:
1) Waluigi
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) ?
5) ?

Thank you for reading.
I got it.

1) Waluigi
2) Luigi
3) Peach
4) Daisy
5) Rosalina

And I already added this to the Trivia in the "Time to Shine" page.

Back